July locations and banter and everything else

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if they know but the security guard is fast I didn't even get out of the van before he came and knocked on the window. But gotta give it to him he was nice about it.

did you inform him you were only getting take out?....that is not right...

guido4475

Not a Member
Wonder if the manager of IHop knows how strictly the rules are being enforced?...they are losing business....

I stopped there on Saturday, 5 in the evening.We all know how huge the car parking lot is, even the second car parking lot.I didnt get run off, as I never got out of the van, but saw the guard in the booth eyeing me up...so I call the fuel desk, and she said, all vans must still park out back.I asked her, even though it is now a Flying Pilot? She said yes.I asked her if she knew how much business they can gain by letting vans park up front.She said there isn't enough room.I pointed out to her, at dinnertime, there were only 6 vehicles in the lot.They should of left the old restaurant in there.So much better than a I-slop.

On a similar note, I am at the New Pilot on hwy 52, south of the twin cities, and they just got done remodeling it, and "Pilotizing" it from the nice independent truckstop it was before, which, by the way, had a very good restaurant in it.No more.It is now a friggin Subway.....Why do they think we all like Subway, no matter where we go? I mean, they preach healthiness in the Challenge magazine, but then have fast food at their locations.I know it is all about profit margin, but, c'mon!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped there on Saturday, 5 in the evening.We all know how huge the car parking lot is, even the second car parking lot.I didnt get run off, as I never got out of the van, but saw the guard in the booth eyeing me up...so I call the fuel desk, and she said, all vans must still park out back.I asked her, even though it is now a Flying Pilot? She said yes.I asked her if she knew how much business they can gain by letting vans park up front.She said there isn't enough room.I pointed out to her, at dinnertime, there were only 6 vehicles in the lot.They should of left the old restaurant in there.So much better than a I-slop.

On a similar note, I am at the New Pilot on hwy 52, south of the twin cities, and they just got done remodeling it, and "Pilotizing" it from the nice independent truckstop it was before, which, by the way, had a very good restaurant in it.No more.It is now a friggin Subway.....Why do they think we all like Subway, no matter where we go? I mean, they preach healthiness in the Challenge magazine, but then have fast food at their locations.I know it is all about profit margin, but, c'mon!!

Hey Subway is healthier then a Wendy's....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No go with the free parking and walk, good for the legs, lol.

Busy as a one arm wall paper hanger. Trying to get everything packed, loaded and ready to leave for the Expo.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't noticed any difference in times. I would almost never stop to eat when loaded unless there is a unusual amount of time built in. You buy appropriate food and your eyes never leave the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Pilot makes choices by profit margin not what someone likes to eat. They go heavy for car traffic and most those people want something fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
is anyone moving in this beautiful month of july grikey just sitting here in wonderful chicago il but catching up with several months of receipts putting in order for each month .

PS: by the way your truck looks great guys in the picture on here might see ya down there if i can get a load out of chicago & 1st for the week wow like i said wonderful july
wombat

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The Detroiter is a franchise arrangement and not a full Flying J/Pilot. The old owners still own the place and the IHOP. Pilot has the fuel and some other parts. I think this is probably the old owners vs Pilot. IMHO.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
great that there is a flying j so close to the yard now but why would i want to paid $5.00 to park when i got a beautiful tv lounge showers a safe yard to park it at coney island two minutes away for great bacon & eggs but great that there is a new flying only minutes away from taylor to fill up if needed
wombat