July locations and banter and everything else

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Looking to see if anyone is interested in having their truck in the Load One booth at the Great American Truck Show in late August in Dallas.

john i would be very honored for my hino to be sitting on the floor of the dallas convention center being i am there every year meeting up with mates of mind known as the ratpack & been going to dallas now for 12 yrs and if i can be of any assissitants to load 1 in anyway even if you want me just to take stuff down to dallas i will even do that for you if you feel my truck is not of the right type of expediter truck .
you cannot contact me anytime of the day on my cell or QC if i can help

peter groat
owner operator
warren pa
42yrs exp in trucking

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That is why we've been nudging John to add at least 15 minutes for loading...

Starting the transit time at arrival is just plain wrong, because it puts us behind before we start, and how do we make up for it? [Drive faster.] And if we exceed the speed limit, and get a ticket, whose fault is it? [Guess.]
Today it took me 15 minutes just to find which of 6 bldgs on both sides of the street the freight was in - the address was [as usual] the office [admin, not shipping].
Then zigzag through the back roads of Ohio, where the speed limit is 55, and the stop & go takes twice as long with nearly 12k onboard, and there's no way to make the delivery time. I didn't stress, let dispatch know when I left the shipper [45 minutes after arrival], no problem - but the practice of beginning transit time at arrival and expecting an average of 50mph is undoubtedly stressing some drivers. It doesn't make sense to push us beyond what is reasonable, then blame us when something happens [tickets, accidents] because we tried to make it work.

Once we hit our arrive time the clock is ticking down already, right off we are behind....a 3pm PU time, then get loaded do the QC thing, program the GPS, secure freight ....minimum 15 minute ....

I do power naps as well.....when needed....

I find I need a nap when it rains hard, lol. It just makes me suddenly sleepy - weird. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I put up a complaint on IHops wall and this is the response I got back
Hi Ken, we're sorry to hear that happened. As our guest, you should always be allowed to pick up the food that you've ordered. Please let us make this up to you. Give us a call at 866-444-5144 (M-F) or fill out our online feedback form IHOP so that a Guest Relations Representative can speak to you about this. We hope to speak with you soon.
http://www.facebook.com/IHOP

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hey folks, advice solicited :)

Delivering in Milford, NH in the morn.... better to hang at the Wally World there, or head back down to tbe Sturbridge, Mass Pilot? Wanting to make the Expo on Sat hopefully good shot with a couple days to go.

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Delivering in Milford, NH in the morn.... better to hang at the Wally World there, or head back down to tbe Sturbridge, Mass Pilot? Wanting to make the Expo on Sat hopefully good shot with a couple days to go.

Dale
Dale see PM......Xiggi and Chris both got out yesterday...of CT.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Got one from the yard to Wilmington. Deliver in the am, but drove straight through and bedding down here for the night 12 hours early. :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So a pickup is at 12 noon, and delivery set for 5pm.The miles are set for 50 mph.But, we get held up at the shipper.Which now makes the delivery protect time impossible.Time is not adjusted.How many times we communicate this, and we are told, "just do the best you can" ?? Even without being held up at the shipper, the loading time takes away from the driving time given.

Ahhh, Those famous words "just do the best you can". It would be nice if our protect times were calculated or recalculated when loaded. Although this has not been a major issue and dispatch has been pretty good about it. For me, when I'm behind the eight ball to start, my level of tension and stress of trying to meet the protect time is way up. :eek:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

Dale
My experience would be with my previous carrier and in a ST, but I always did fine out of that area. I would stick close to Boston unless you just want to go to Sturbridge. Not many truck stops up there, but plenty of rest areas. If you drop to 95, there are some decent service plazas with McD's for food. If you just drop south to 495, then to I-90, you'll find a service plaza with a few different food options just after you get in 90W. I personally, would stay closer to the 495/90 area. You'll possibly be driving by freight if you go on down to Sturbridge. Lots of possibilities within range from anywhere in that area. Nice thing about it up there is that a 75 mile radius from any of those spots covers a lot of freight possibilities. That was one spot on the east coast I never minded going.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Morning all, its been a couple of busy weeks but the wife loves her New Knee. She still has weeks rehab left but, like this pain better then the on going she had with her Old Knee. Having a cup of Coffee and then head over and get the Truck ready. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahhh, Those famous words "just do the best you can". It would be nice if our protect times were calculated or recalculated when loaded. Although this has not been a major issue and dispatch has been pretty good about it. For me, when I'm behind the eight ball to start, my level of tension and stress of trying to meet the protect time is way up. :eek:

Thats where I do my own calculation and NEW protect time... the old one on the screen means nothing....contractually if a shipper holds you up...the original deal is a bust.

Just do your best is a good call....then having a timeline....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and good morning to the world....pretty darned humid out there....

Good morning
Above the dark horizon soon
new light rays will appear.
They signify to all the world
a fresh new day is here.
The sun has risen, and its light
may bring us hope for peace--
and with a deeper faith in God,
we pray that wars may cease.
Our time on earth is but a test--
a test we must not fail.
By building values, growth in faith,
may love from hate prevail.
So each new day we start once more
with rising of the sun.
May we have gained in stature when
our final day is done
Thank God I drive for Load 1...................:)

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
Not all of us get the luxury of having a 6 hour break at the border :D

I waited one time for 9 hours for my load to come across the border, and no change in mt delivery time. They finally changed the time after i was not there on time... Just have to laugh some times.