July locations and banter and everything else

guido4475

Not a Member
your break is when you fuel up.....NO nap unless you have the time....make sure you'll not hit a rush hour before you consider a nap... 789 miles should have been for easy math call it 800 divide by 50....16 hrs...If you average 62 mph real time that is 12.9 hours...you have 3.1 hours , you'll need to fuel twice at 20 min stops= 40 min....you now have about 2.5 hours to allow for traffic conditions... make a sandwich on the go if you must...This isn't a casual drive down the road...this is expedite and that is logistics.....

Not everyone is "Built" the same as others.We all have different limits on how long we can drive before getting out and stretching our legs....sit too long, and watch you're legs and ankles swell up, over time.The longer one drives without a break, the less alert they become.The less alert, the more chance of mistakes caused by fatigue.I'm sure you have just got into a run, and 3 hours later, you just felt like you can't go anymore.We all have one of those days.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not everyone is "Built" the same as others.We all have different limits on how long we can drive before getting out and stretching our legs....sit too long, and watch you're legs and ankles swell up, over time.The longer one drives without a break, the less alert they become.The less alert, the more chance of mistakes caused by fatigue.I'm sure you have just got into a run, and 3 hours later, you just felt like you can't go anymore.We all have one of those days.

agreed...like a quarter horse....sometimes it sneaks up on ya....and you fizzle down the stretch...

guido4475

Not a Member
So a pickup is at 12 noon, and delivery set for 5pm.The miles are set for 50 mph.But, we get held up at the shipper.Which now makes the delivery protect time impossible.Time is not adjusted.How many times we communicate this, and we are told, "just do the best you can" ?? Even without being held up at the shipper, the loading time takes away from the driving time given.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Delivered on time with a nap in yay. At the Detroiter gonna eat and nap. Catch up on paperwork and receipts try to figure out why when I watch the safety videos no test comes up?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So a pickup is at 12 noon, and delivery set for 5pm.The miles are set for 50 mph.But, we get held up at the shipper.Which now makes the delivery protect time impossible.Time is not adjusted.How many times we communicate this, and we are told, "just do the best you can" ?? Even without being held up at the shipper, the loading time takes away from the driving time given.

Go back to post 663.....I said almost the same thing...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered on time with a nap in yay. At the Detroiter gonna eat and nap. Catch up on paperwork and receipts try to figure out why when I watch the safety videos no test comes up?

You Da man Chris.....very important for us vanners to know how to de couple a trailer...:rolleyes:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Not everyone is "Built" the same as others.We all have different limits on how long we can drive before getting out and stretching our legs....sit too long, and watch you're legs and ankles swell up, over time.
Guido makes a lot bigger point here than most of us realize. The condition, at it's worst, is called "Deep Vein Thrombosis". I've known 2 or 3 drivers who had it. It ain't pretty....at all. For drivers, it's mostly caused by not getting out of the seat for long periods of time. The driver's weight is a factor also. I think this is the same problem that "Blizzard" had.

I guess that would take us on another tangent, but it's actually, probably more important than anything we've posted so far.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido makes a lot bigger point here than most of us realize. The condition, at it's worst, is called "Deep Vein Thrombosis". I've known 2 or 3 drivers who had it. It ain't pretty....at all. For drivers, it's mostly caused by not getting out of the seat for long periods of time. The driver's weight is a factor also. I think this is the same problem that "Blizzard" had.

I guess that would take us on another tangent, but it's actually, probably more important than anything we've posted so far.

Yes...something that has surfaced the last few years thru medical research...something that is not taken in consideration for what we do or what is expected of us....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
You Da man Chris.....very important for us vanners to know how to de couple a trailer...:rolleyes:

Haha I was wondering the same thing. But its no biggie

You ever get out of Philadelphia?

On the other hand the Detroiter not kind to vans parking in the front security told me I couldn't park even though I was gonna go in and get something to go 5 minutes tops. I left hungry.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

On the other hand the Detroiter not kind to vans parking in the front security told me I couldn't park even though I was gonna go in and get something to go 5 minutes tops. I left hungry.

Long story on Philly..now in western PA...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Tell the Isis girls I said Hi! (we all know thats where your headed :) )

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Wonder if the manager of IHop knows how strictly the rules are being enforced?...they are losing business....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Wonder if the manager of IHop knows how strictly the rules are being enforced?...they are losing business....

Not sure if they know but the security guard is fast I didn't even get out of the van before he came and knocked on the window. But gotta give it to him he was nice about it.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Not sure if they know but the security guard is fast I didn't even get out of the van before he came and knocked on the window. But gotta give it to him he was nice about it.
He has probably figured out that the cussin he gets before a driver gets to sleep is a lot better than the cussin he gets if waits till the driver is asleep before he runs 'em out :D