January Banter and Location

jojomica

Seasoned Expediter
Isn't the GB use set low?....I watch streaming TV and such...

Well, theres the thing ken,, the streaming is fine but I have only so many gb usage and found that when I was watching alot of tv I was using up a bunch .;; How much usage do u have with your air card I guess would be the question of whether this would be a good thing for your or not...for me it is because I go in spurts of the tv watching.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, theres the thing ken,, the streaming is fine but I have only so many gb usage and found that when I was watching alot of tv I was using up a bunch .;; How much usage do u have with your air card I guess would be the question of whether this would be a good thing for your or not...for me it is because I go in spurts of the tv watching.

I max out the 5 GB every month...I get as much as I can free when at the yard and other places...I'd easily be over..
my phone I took the 2 GB plan just to see what I use....Turtle advised me if I just email and do some EO I'd be ok...but here it is 1 week and I've used 1/2 a Gig already....

jojomica

Seasoned Expediter
I max out the 5 GB every month...I get as much as I can free when at the yard and other places...I'd easily be over..
my phone I took the 2 GB plan just to see what I use....Turtle advised me if I just email and do some EO I'd be ok...but here it is 1 week and I've used 1/2 a Gig already....

It would be well worth the phone call to see what the hotspot on your phone will give you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At first, while learning the phone, you're gonna use a lot of bandwidth, especially if you use Siri. But if all you're been doing is e-mail and EO, then clearly the bandwidth mountains of EO ads are to blame. :D

The Aircard is $50 now. Hasn't been $60 for quite some time. The 5 GB data plan on the phone is the same.

If you use the phone as a hotspot for the laptop, you really need to have the phone physically tethered to the laptop so the laptop can charge the phone at the same time.

I max out the Aircard every month, and either max out or come close to maxing out the phone's data plan (if it were 5 GB, that is, but mine is still unlimited). If you go with the 5 GB phone plan, you'll then have 10 GBs to play with every month. It's surprising how often I use 12-13 GB each month, 5 on the Aircard and then the rest on the phone.

My Cycle Date is the 4th, so I get a fresh 5GB on the 5th at midnight. Right now, on Jan 30, I'm at 5.633 GB on the phone and 4.254 GB on the Aircard.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You would think these fancy new Iphones would be 4G...what with that?

1 gb = approx. 4 TV shows depending on the number of commercials and they are getting more and more of them...

jojomica

Seasoned Expediter
Well I know for me it was information overload and then I just dove in and found out what the best investment would be for my particular needs. So Happy hunting to you OVM. :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
4g isnt everywhere. just cause the phone is 4g capable doesnt mean you will always have it. make sure your 4g antenna is still on then scan for the service. if its there it will automatically change to 4g.

having that 5gb cap sucks. true unlimited is the way to go. last month 12.4 but we were at home. usually im only around 9.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TJ has action?.... he moves?....LOL...;)

You can see Xiggis influence when they took that short 214 miler..TJ on his own would never had run that short one.....and that lead to the double to Mn....

Give him a good kick for all of us Xiggi!!...:D

Ummmm Xiggi was sleeping when i took that load an ive done my share of shorties...I been doin this 5 years in march i know what im doin plus its all about bein in theright place at the right time....Dollas showin xiggi my lil tricks...