January Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you should of had to have the smart phone package added when you bought the phone. you should have an internal wireless card in your laptop. enable your wireless connection in your laptop. find the hotspot icon in your phone and enable it. your laptop should then find the hotspot signal from your phone and wa la, internet. that is provided your phone service provider works similar to the way sprint does. there are a few more steps but they are self explanatory as you do it.

Really...guess I am going to have to diddle around...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i thought it might be like sprint and be required with a smartphone. 29 bucks a mo. with sprint versus 50 to 70 for an air card. we love our hotspot, saves us a buck or two. you might want to investigate.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i thought it might be like sprint and be required with a smartphone. 29 bucks a mo. with sprint versus 50 to 70 for an air card. we love our hotspot, saves us a buck or two. you might want to investigate.

But, but...I hear the batteries are really expensive..is it worth it?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
gotcha, hasnt been a problem for us. not like the drain you get from using the phone to surf. takes very little to run just the hotspot. we always plug the laptop in and run it on ac and plug the phone to the laptop via a usb charger for the phone to keep it charged.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
gotcha, hasnt been a problem for us. not like the drain you get from using the phone to surf. takes very little to run just the hotspot. we always plug the laptop in and run it on ac and plug the phone to the laptop via a usb charger for the phone to keep it charged.

I am fine the way I am...it appears I'd have to donate money to Verizon for that service....I still have a lot of exploring on this phone yet....LOL

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
sounds like you would but i would still check it out. as a general rule the smartphone fee is usually cheaper then the air card.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Still laying in bed in Knoxville. Have no motivation today :( Hurts to move so I may spend the day here with my thermocare patch.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
might be a good idea. just make sure you didnt truly hurt yourself in such a way that it needs attention of the professional kind !!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good morn'in from a late riser!! Slept great here in Laredo Last night...had a few more old Friends drop in last night..one bein a EO Member, WestMichigander and his HD Sprinter, good to see him this morning...The place really filling up again with all the Monday morning delivers....

Good to see you here Ray, sounds like you are enjoying life AE or "After Expedite"....As for Steve hating you, its no biggie, i get that from him after I post a good menu of homemade meals for the truck, by the way OVM , did you finish that Mexican Mac & Cheese??

Jenny, that pain is getting on for a few more days then might be good, you might consider gettin an x ray or 6, I am sure 2 is all that would be needed, but you know how doctors are....:rolleyes: But take care of your self, no one would remember who Nick is if he has to run without you in the truck while you recover at home:rolleyes:....:D

Anyway, it is 49 and rainin a little drizzle here...had my 1st cup of coffee and thinkin my "bed head" hair is bad enough that i'll go get a shower....then have a bowl of frosted shredded mini wheats for a "tweener"...but that means i have to empty the bread basket (micro wave) again i can warm them up, just like mom did when it was cool and brisk in the morning!!:D

Maybe dispatch can find that magic touch this morning and find a load that payes half way decent and get me rollin....if not, it looks like a early nap and an empty move outa here in the early evening.....paid or not, i am rollin later this evening, worst case is i am # 2 behind OVM....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mac and cheese was REAL good...after the initial shock factor...LOL...I'll stay here to-day and maybe just hop further east to clear outta your way...:D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
After consulting my doctor she is 99% sure that I broke my tailbone. She said if I am still in severe pain after 3 weeks of following her instruction if I am still in severe pain to come in. I have broken it once before with the exact same feeling and bruising as I have now. I actually find it kind of comical but not super comfortable sitting. I will stay out here with Nick and take care of myself. When I was born I broke my moms tailbone, so she jokes that I have been a pain in the butt since birth.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well we all knew that. LOL SERIOUSLY, just be careful and take care of yourself. or should i say let nick take care of you.