January 2011 Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess I won't get to see the crew at the Load 1 yard this morning....Toledo to Akron , Akron to Atlanta!!! :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey Ronda, I know you are a Nascar fan and the Nascar Hall of Fame is in Charlotte....I have been known to DH up to Blacksburg from Atlanta..:D

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man you get around. I guess you got loaded right away in Laredo.

You're supposed to get around when you drive a truck, right? I didn't get out right away, I took a couple of days off to get over the poisoning I got at the TA. I got out Thursday evening.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Still at home getting everything ready for my re-entry into the business for Thursday. I took a year and a half off to regroup and build up my travel reserves. Van is all accessorized and hopefully my carriers I do business with, one of them will have a nice short trip out and back for me to get my feet wet again. *While at my full-time job last friday (1/14/11) I met an driver with a D unit with Fed Ex in Joliet, IL across from my company. We had a pleasant but quick conversation before he had to leave.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Waiting on panther to find me a correct pick up number for the shipper in Indianapolis. Then heading to mountain top Pennsylvania 628 loaded. Then I hope to get a load home near Atlanta haven't been home in almost 3 weeks

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at the Walmart in Holland, MI looking for something to do....hmmmmmm

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ctsmooth

Seasoned Expediter
HI folk I need alot of info I am a professional driver 22years . been only local I want to start my o/o expedite with a van OTR I have been doing alot of studing as far as the business aspect , I carry a CDL class B all endorsements . Talked to a few carriers as well I will be buying my own van I know all about the lifestyle and up and downs . As I did otr road years back . I just want a honest no bull=== answer can I make a good living if i diecate my all in this new career No I dont need home time except once a year and its only me and my house payment to take care of

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Mishawaka delivering in Monroe MI in the am. Spending the night at the load 1 yard.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
HI folk I need alot of info I am a professional driver 22years . been only local I want to start my o/o expedite with a van OTR I have been doing alot of studing as far as the business aspect , I carry a CDL class B all endorsements . Talked to a few carriers as well I will be buying my own van I know all about the lifestyle and up and downs . As I did otr road years back . I just want a honest no bull=== answer can I make a good living if i diecate my all in this new career No I dont need home time except once a year and its only me and my house payment to take care of

This question gets asked once a month. Use the search function and you will find a lot of the answers you are looking for. If your time otr was driving a semi expedite is a whole different ballgame and otr drivers seem to have a very hard time adjusting to this biz, some do but many have trouble with it.