Jack Kevorkian dies

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But would Oregon group been as successful? If Jack hadn't brought all the attention to the issue?

I believe they would. All Kevorkian did was hold back the cause in Michigan and other states. People that would have been sympathtic in this issue, may now feel otherwise due to his schnanigans.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Now we've come to that line in the sand... The fetus is can not go on without life support of the mother....when one imposes their religious or whatever beliefs on that mother....her right to chose are infringed upon....where does it say she has her rights of choice how to live forfeited?

When she chose to have sex, sex's purpose is to procreate!!! It really isn't about pleasure.

Yes women have sex by being raped also, so no she didn't chose then.

"Pay to Play"
"You made your bed lie in it"
"Take responsiblity for your actions"

And yes there are many families WILLING and DESIRING to adopt children. Most people are too selfish to give an unwanted up for adoption. They would rather kill and get rid of the inconviencing child.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I raised my children. I am well past the age of raising children. I now have a grand child to spoil.

I fulfilled the responsibility that I took on. So should everyone else. Killing a baby is not a reasonable response to irresponsible actions.

There is NO shortage of good people looking to adopt. Our laws in this country discourage it. Many go outside the country to get around those laws.

60 MILLION abortions have NOT stopped beatings or unwanted children from being born. There is only one sure way to stop these things and that is for people to start acting in a responsible manner.

As I said, it is a STATE and personal matter.

No one is a "bovine fetus" until viable. All human beings start as human beings from the start. They all have 100% of their DNA.

Fetus, translated from the Latin, means "young one" or "young child". It does not translate to a "lump of tissue"

Amen, I couldn't have said it better, thanks!

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
This is such an emotive subject

A raped woman must be able to choose for herself if she wants to carry or have an abortion.

Parents of a fetus that has been medically diagnosed with a severe condition must be able to choose, though ultimately it must be the woman's decision that is final.

IMO these should be the only times an abortion can be carried out.

Teenagers "who made a mistake" must live with the consequences of their actions.

As always IMO :)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
When she chose to have sex, sex's purpose is to procreate!!! It really isn't about pleasure.

Yes women have sex by being raped also, so no she didn't chose then.

"Pay to Play"
"You made your bed lie in it"
"Take responsiblity for your actions"

And yes there are many families WILLING and DESIRING to adopt children. Most people are too selfish to give an unwanted up for adoption. They would rather kill and get rid of the inconviencing child.

Wow...ok YOU never had sex for pleasure.....yah right...you are so perfect and make no mistakes!! ..in a perfect society we wouldn't have this conversation....ever watch the news there are some screwed up .individuals sharing this planet with us....
Those people are having children...there unwanted neglected and who knows what else happens....there are NOT enough people to adopt all these unwanted children....look @ the foster care system....that's enough to make up my mind.....again do you remember being a fetus???? Well?? Again I would remember being beaten abused raped ...all these things go on ..its sad....things are different outside of your perfect world....
So if you are against abortion....you better start adopting some kids!!!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I agree English Lady, the only thing that I would think and ponder is the sick fetus. The child may not have a great quality of life but still a sick child can contribute if given the chance.

I also would pray the raped woman would choose life, only because it is still a child no matter how it came to be. But I have to say that those two cases are the only ones that I could stomach a woman choosing abortion.

I know both situations would be very difficult on the mother if she were inclined to think about the pregnancy in "choice" terms.

Life deffinately is not black and white.

But again this is only my opinion.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I raised my children. I am well past the age of raising children. I now have a grand child to spoil.

I fulfilled the responsibility that I took on. So should everyone else. Killing a baby is not a reasonable response to irresponsible actions.

There is NO shortage of good people looking to adopt. Our laws in this country discourage it. Many go outside the country to get around those laws.

60 MILLION abortions have NOT stopped beatings or unwanted children from being born. There is only one sure way to stop these things and that is for people to start acting in a responsible manner.

As I said, it is a STATE and personal matter.

No one is a "bovine fetus" until viable. All human beings start as human beings from the start. They all have 100% of their DNA.

Fetus, translated from the Latin, means "young one" or "young child". It does not translate to a "lump of tissue"

Good for you ....you raised your kids...see but you don't want to adopt any either....there's the problem....not enough people to raise ALL these unwanted kids....if your against abortion ...u better open your doors and welcome.in somebody else's unwanted children!!!....

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
There ARE enough people to adopt the children, but like everything else the government has to put their noses in the way and screw things up! Making it darn near impossible to adopt which is why you have so many people who adopt foreign children.

My mother raised 7 children 5 her biological and two nephews. Then when were all raised she adopted 2 more after she served as a Foster Parent for about 20 other children first.

My sister in law adopted 2 children. People do adopt children! People have to jump throuh many hurdles to adopt, many which are unneccesary.
Adoption IS a viable solution to unwanted children.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good for you ....you raised your kids...see but you don't want to adopt any either....there's the problem....not enough people to raise ALL these unwanted kids....if your against abortion ...u better open your doors and welcome.in somebody else's unwanted children!!!....

No, you are wrong. I don't have to open my doors at my age. I had my responsibilities, I lived up to them. That is what adults do. Just because I am older or choose to raise my own does not justify the killing of "young ones".

There are, however, many good, younger couples out there who are trying and have tried to adopt. They are normally shot down by stupid laws that require separate rooms for each kid etc. Stupid laws. How do you KNOW that there are not enough people to adopt these kids?

I personally know people in that boat who were forced to go to China. They did adopt there. They would have here but were stopped.

What the REAL solution is for people to start acting like adults. When they partake in adult activities they should be responsible for what happens. Killing your way out is a act of, at best, laziness.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
No, you are wrong. I don't have to open my doors at my age. I had my responsibilities, I lived up to them. That is what adults do. Just because I am older or choose to raise my own does not justify the killing of "young ones".

There are, however, many good, younger couples out there who are trying and have tried to adopt. They are normally shot down by stupid laws that require separate rooms for each kid etc. Stupid laws. How do you KNOW that there are not enough people to adopt these kids?

I personally know people in that boat who were forced to go to China. They did adopt there. They would have here but were stopped.

What the REAL solution is for people to start acting like adults. When they partake in adult activities they should be responsible for what happens. Killing your way out is a act of, at best, laziness.

Amen, I say Amen!!!!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

No you are wrong ....well see there's the problem people don't want these kids ...you don't want them.." I'm done raising kids".As you said.....I'm being honest...idont want them either.....so what do we have....bunch of kids that society don't want.....so let's keep having more...I have a good solution ....abortion...
personally I don't see the problem.....I'm sure I will get yelled at..but I don't see a problem AT ALL if the mothers chooses to abort...at least there's not another unwanted child ...good for her .....again my opinion....how can I be WRONG???

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
No you are wrong ....well see there's the problem people don't want these kids ...you don't want them.." I'm done raising kids".As you said.....I'm being honest...idont want them either.....so what do we have....bunch of kids that society don't want.....so let's keep having more...I have a good solution ....abortion...
personally I don't see the problem.....I'm sure I will get yelled at..but I don't see a problem AT ALL if the mothers chooses to abort...at least there's not another unwanted child ...good for her .....again my opinion....how can I be WRONG???

Your opinion can't be wrong - we each have an opinion and thats what makes the world go round :)

I can see what you are saying .... but my input would be that that makes it seem like an easy "get out of jail card"

We need to somehow educate ppl that it is not

As I said before, an emotive subject from both sides

As always IMO :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Abort is KILLING a HUMAN BEING!! It is murder in the very worst way. Totally innocent, unable to run.

I don't buy the "they can't survive" stuff either. Most people cannot survive on their own before 5 or 6 years old. Going to kill them too?

I am not going to "yell" at you. You can believe what ever you wish. I just find it hard to justify killing for absolutely NO REASON other than they are too lazy, too irresponsible to accept responsibility for their own deliberate actions.

Any way. No I am NOT wrong. I chose certain responsibilities, then and now. I am on the road, no other income and over 60. NOT parent material. Every responsibility I have ever taken on I have lived up too. There is absolutely NO VALID excuse for anyone else to do less. Do that, no problems.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Abort is KILLING a HUMAN BEING!! It is murder in the very worst way. Totally innocent, unable to run.

I don't buy the "they can't survive" stuff either. Most people cannot survive on their own before 5 or 6 years old. Going to kill them too?

I am not going to "yell" at you. You can believe what ever you wish. I just find it hard to justify killing for absolutely NO REASON other than they are too lazy, too irresponsible to accept responsibility for their own deliberate actions.

Any way. No I am NOT wrong. I chose certain responsibilities, then and now. I am on the road, no other income and over 60. NOT parent material. Every responsibility I have ever taken on I have lived up too. There is absolutely NO VALID excuse for anyone else to do less. Do that, no problems.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
There ARE enough people to adopt the children, but like everything else the government has to put their noses in the way and screw things up! Making it darn near impossible to adopt which is why you have so many people who adopt foreign children.

My mother raised 7 children 5 her biological and two nephews. Then when were all raised she adopted 2 more after she served as a Foster Parent for about 20 other children first.

My sister in law adopted 2 children. People do adopt children! People have to jump throuh many hurdles to adopt, many which are unneccesary.
Adoption IS a viable solution to unwanted children.

Good for your mother she was a hell of woman for taking care of all of those kids.(see she had a bunch of unwanted children.) ..but we need alot more people.like.your mom ...AND WE DON'T!! ....so now what....what do we do with the kids that nobody wants.....there here ..like it or not...there's thousands of kids that nobody will ever adopt...what about them....what about the kid born to a family that didn't want them but were SHAMED into keeping them...then are verbally and physically abused ..neglected because the parents don't want em as the growing up....there never loved or cared for??? Now what...what's your answer....thank goodness I had a wonderful childhood but grew up with kids who's life was like I explained....we will NEVER get 100% of society to what YOU want...there are some real scumbags out there having kids....I want them to have the option of abortion...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How can you murder something that can NOT live without life support(mother)?

It is not a sustainable life without the mom....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
And I'm the bad guy

Nope you are not the bad guy, I completely understand your comments and actually can't be offended by them as others are.

The problem as Ragman pointed out is not the right to die issue itself but how it was thrust into the public spotlight by a bitter old man who never dealt with patients in his career. What happen was a stoppage of what doctors have done for centuries, deal with each patient issue between the patient, the family and the doctor.

It is something that should only be between the doctor and the patient or their family and NO ONE ELSE.

When "jack" came into the scene, he dragged everyone from law enforcement to congress into the issue because of his bitterness over his sister - which by the way I understand tonight he could have helped her pass but didn't do a thing.

I also have a personal reason to hate the guy, it is exactly as you described would happen to me that happened to someone I knew. "jack" messed it up for that person who was terminal and in a lot of pain. NOT only that, working with doctors at the time, they stopped everything they would normally do for their patients because the hospitals and clinics they were working at scrutinized every death that happened there to terminal patients. Two of those doctors were "caught" and fired from one of the hospitals and later had their licenses pulled when the state made it a crime.

Helping people, I would venture to guess for every person who was helped by "Jack" there were 20 who were left to die without help because of the fear of being put in jail.

By the way, he didn't take his own life as many would have expected.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How can you murder something that can NOT live without life support(mother)?

It is not a sustainable life without the mom....

It is alive before it is cut up and sucked out and dead after. Assuming for this discussion that it normal for it's age that is what you are doing. Killing a normal human being. No different that putting a bullet in a sick persons head who can no longer take care of themselves.

As I said earlier. I have yet to meet the 1 year old that can take care of itself in any way, shape or form. Can no longer afford it? Ok to kill it? It can't care for itself.

Don't believe that they are human? There are a lot of people out there today, alive and kicking, who survived their mother's attempt to kill them. How do you think that they feel about "Mommy Dear" ?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Sorry I don't think like you want me too ...I am a realist ...nip the problem before its a problem...like.it or not....unwanted children is a real problem!!

Do you remember being a fetus??? I'd rather not be born than be unwanted.....Ask around you will get the same answer....
So.because of YOUR views kids have to be unwanted..
Then start adopting save all those kids you don't want aborted...throw open your doors....because what you are saying is...don't abort....but I don't want.them.either...don't bother me.with them...I'm on the road...its what you are saying!!!!!!!