Jack Kevorkian dies

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've seen folks kept alive for no reason except that it could be done. In great pain, or unconscious, and at great expense, I might add - that matters a LOT to whomever has to pay for the effort.
And I've seen Health Care Directives [such as a Do Not Resuscitate order] disregarded, both inadvertently and deliberately.

And that is just plain wrong and nobody is arguing otherwise.
But Dt Jack crossed the line when he helped the women with MS with her suicide. MS, while a deplorabe condition in not a "terminal" condition. Many many many people with it live long and productive lives.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
And that is just plain wrong and nobody is arguing otherwise.
But Dt Jack crossed the line when he helped the women with MS with her suicide. MS, while a deplorabe condition in not a "terminal" condition. Many many many people with it live long and productive lives.

Who are you to say someone should live or die ...that's there right....there body....define "productive life".....your definition and hers were worlds apart apparently.....he didn't seek her out and kill her.....she asked for his expertise....wich happens to be the knowledge of how to die....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Oh for SURE. He had a viable concept. However, I remember the last one he performed and it was so questionable in its intent and execution (no pun intended) that his attorney at that time, Geoffrey Fieger, who had won every case up to that point, bailed. Atty. Fieger even went public and said Jack had crossed the line. Kevorkian just didn't know when to stop. His last 'patient' had not exhausted all avenues of conventional medical treatments before seeking assistance of Dr. Jack...and THAT was supposed to be part of the deal.

Methinks a better deal for the patient would have allowed them to die when they had exhausted all their own resources, not conventional medical treatments - I've seen folks kept alive for no reason except that it could be done. In great pain, or unconscious, and at great expense, I might add - that matters a LOT to whomever has to pay for the effort.
And I've seen Health Care Directives [such as a Do Not Resuscitate order] disregarded, both inadvertently and deliberately.

The basis for Dr. K's successful acquittals ala Fieger were solely dependent on the patients' utilizing every accepted and accredited medical treatments with no success before enlisting the aid of Dr. K, and that he made sure of such before he intervened."Unconventional" treatments were not recognized by the court.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008