J robbed in Houston

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Seems as though he has put some thought into it...lol

What is that saying ... Idle hands are the devil's playground?

I've put way too much thought into it tbh. I won't tell you about the other crazy stuff I dream about. Just be thankful I was given a conscience.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
mcavoy wrote:

I've put way too much thought into it tbh.

LOL, when i met my wife, she was and had been a branch manager at several different bank branches in town. She said that one of the things they all did was figure out the easiest ways to rob each branch and the best escape route by road...it was amazing that they had it down to the details that most wouldnt think about....

zack100

Active Expediter
If I was ever going to do an armed robbery, I would rob grocery stores. Why ... because its the safest. They don't get robbed, so their won't be a shotgun underneath the register, and there are usually more than 1 registers.
I honestly don't understand why more grocery / retail stores aren't robbed. Robbing gas stations and liquor stores are for idiots.
The truck stop actually isn't that bad of a place to rob, you've got lot of get away routes and you aren't likely to run into a person carrying and wanting to play hero. But the take would be small imo.
I would also rob on foot / bike with a car a mile or two away.
mcavoy wrote:

LOL, when i met my wife, she was and had been a branch manager at several different bank branches in town. She said that one of the things they all did was figure out the easiest ways to rob each branch and the best escape route by road...it was amazing that they had it down to the details that most wouldnt think about....

Someone call George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc ........ and let them know "Oceans 14" is currently being scripted :D

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I might have to put my plan into action. Was dispatched a load from Elizabethtown, Pa to Plant City, Fl got called back 5 minutes ago, they cancelled.

1000+ miles out the window, I was already dreaming about spending it

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I really don't care about training, I don't want my loved ones in any gun on gun environment. I'd much rather see a large corporation with insurance get safely robbed for a couple hundred dollars than have loved ones in a shooting scenario. Even if she isn't harmed, it could still have an emotional impact.

There are reasons why even if there are on duty cops, they can't start opening fire in a crowded room.

I don't own a gun yet, simply because I would have already killed a few people in dispatch! J/K. I don't see where this hatred for gun ownership comes from. Heck, there was a United States senator who had his house broken into and almost became another home invasion robbery statistic, but him and his son pulled out a shotgun and warded off the attackers. The guy was in his seventies I believe! Without that gun, he'd have been at the mercy of the people who broke into his house.

Another fact that people fail to realize is that the amount of "John Lochner" and "Virginia Tech" and "Columbine" incidents are very low compared to the amount of gun owners we have in this country! We have guns in every city and yet the amount of "average" folks going wild and shooting up the streets is relatively low compared to the thugs who routinely terrorize neighborhoods with their black market purchased fire-arms!

My mother thinks the same way about guns, she doesn't want them around her, but she supports the war in Iraq where we used big guns to kill people. I'm not trying to be an a-hole here, but Chef has the right idea about guns. And yes it is true, most of the people who are licensed to conceal and carry a handgun are very well trained and know how to use their guns in these type of situations. I personally believe that responsible gun owners should be allowed to carry their guns with them on the road. That's just my 2 cents!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Safely robbed???? what a stupid statement someone with weapons comes in and starts pointing guns or makes threats that they have a gun and that some how is safe????

You know what he meant: nobody got hurt, and that means it was safely robbed, yes.
And if anyone decides to safely rob some banks, please pm me, I have a couple favorites. ;)

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If I was ever going to do an armed robbery, I would rob grocery stores. Why ... because its the safest. They don't get robbed, so their won't be a shotgun underneath the register, and there are usually more than 1 registers.

I honestly don't understand why more grocery / retail stores aren't robbed. Robbing gas stations and liquor stores are for idiots.

The truck stop actually isn't that bad of a place to rob, you've got lot of get away routes and you aren't likely to run into a person carrying and wanting to play hero. But the take would be small imo.

I would also rob on foot / bike with a car a mile or two away.

If that J has a dennys, and they tried to rob it, they might have been surprised there was very little money in there, Dennys at a FJ is the most worthless excuse for a restaurant that was ever built on the planet. Whoops, am I bitter to wards Denny's, naaa,,,not me. :rolleyes:

Now for the human touch: I am happy to here that no ones loved one was injured and that no stupid ill advised shooting was done by a homeboy cowboy. As our permit instructor told us, be carefull when u use ur weapon, if u kill or injure an innocent person , u are in biggggg trouble, it is a tough call when to draw ur weapon IMHO>

oh, yea, let the cops do the shooting when possible if they ever do show up***** did anyone check the donut shops or cat houses.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the Number One reason Why Men Prefer Guns over women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You do realize that people that have ccw permits are some of the best trained gun carriers don't you....and especially in Texas..where the state is a "Shall issue" right to carry state...

Sorry Brisco, but I can't agree with you on this, this is the funnest statement I have seen this week.

What training does one get when they go through the CCW course?

30 rounds of live fire with class room training - most of which in my state amounts to 6 to 8 hours of training to qualify for a ccw. Not much and surely not enough to make them the best trained.

Maybe the best conscientious people around ...

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
My wife didn't even know it was happening till somebody told her it was over. She was probly playing angry birds!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App