J robbed in Houston

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Last night the flying j on the 45 in houston was robbed by two dudes around midnight.

My wife was inside doing laundry and managed to miss the thing till it was over. She continued with the laundry as swarms of cops crawled around doing whatever it is cops do when they are late for the action.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey when you need a cop, they are only a phone call and minutes away....:rolleyes:

It's Teas, where were all of the gun toting citizen??? Oh thats right, its a TS, MOST of the people there are from out of the state and most not allowed to carry a gun in another state...:rolleyes:

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
It's Texas, where were all of the gun toting citizen??? Oh thats right, its a TS, MOST of the people there are from out of the state and most not allowed to carry a gun in another state...:rolleyes:

Do you really want an untrained citizen playing hero when your wife is in the building? I say let the J get robbed.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You do realize that people that have ccw permits are some of the best trained gun carriers don't you....and especially in Texas..where the state is a "Shall issue" right to carry state...

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Yes they are a phone call away.....oh wait you want one on every street corner....when there is a firedo you bash the firemen for not being there to prevent it?
Hey when you need a cop, they are only a phone call and minutes away....:rolleyes:

It's Teas, where were all of the gun toting citizen??? Oh thats right, its a TS, MOST of the people there are from out of the state and most not allowed to carry a gun in another state...:rolleyes:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
No fireman are not in the prevention business they are a "response" team...I believe that the LEO motto is more or less "to PROTECT & Serve" At least thats what it says on the side of the Police Cars running around my home town....

And the fact that LEO CAN NOT be on every corner is why people need to be able to defend and protect themselves...as our country goes to h8ll in a hand basket, even alot of LEO depts are telling people to arm themselves and plan on protecting themselves..why would that be?? Because they know they can't "protect and serve" even to the point that the SC has ruled that it isn't the Police depts job to protect individual citzens, just to simply be there to protect the masses, not you or me as an indivdiual....so it would seen a good policy to be armed, trained and ready to defend and protect you and yours and those in need of help....

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
You do realize that people that have ccw permits are some of the best trained gun carriers don't you....and especially in Texas..where the state is a "Shall issue" right to carry state...

I really don't care about training, I don't want my loved ones in any gun on gun environment. I'd much rather see a large corporation with insurance get safely robbed for a couple hundred dollars than have loved ones in a shooting scenario. Even if she isn't harmed, it could still have an emotional impact.

There are reasons why even if there are on duty cops, they can't start opening fire in a crowded room.

hettick304

Active Expediter
I'm from Texas and the whole gun toting is more or less a mental thing, If your gonna walk into a building with a gun to rob it, your gonna realize that your not the only one with heat, so if there crazy, stupid, or just plain desparate enough, so be it, I am glad that your Wife was safe in the end, did anyone get a licence plate or decription? It was a truck stop, Preaty brazen

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Wow....where do I start??

Last night the flying j on the 45 in houston was robbed by two dudes around midnight.

My wife was inside doing laundry and managed to miss the thing till it was over. She continued with the laundry as swarms of cops crawled around doing whatever it is cops do when they are late for the action.

Well, Texas is still a very Conservative State. We have no reason to have armed police sitting at every corner as some of the Liberal states REALLY REALLY NEED.

Texas Honors ALL other states CCW Licenses unlike most of the Liberal states out that only allows their CCW Licenses to be honored within their state. So, if you are "Legal" to carry a concealed weapon in your state, you are welcome to carry that weapon here in our state too.

Do you really want an untrained citizen playing hero when your wife is in the building? I say let the J get robbed.

Totally agree.....let the J get robbed. That is taught in the CCW classes. You are not advised to use your weapon to stop a robbery. A $40 theft is not worth the risk. Now, if same robber had pointed his weapon at your wife, pulled the trigger, you'd probably be here bishin' about where was a freeegin CCW holder at the time your wifes life was about to end. Guaranteed.

Thank You.....I would have no problem pulling the trigger to save an innocent life.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I really don't care about training, I don't want my loved ones in any gun on gun environment. I'd much rather see a large corporation with insurance get safely robbed for a couple hundred dollars than have loved ones in a shooting scenario. Even if she isn't harmed, it could still have an emotional impact.

There are reasons why even if there are on duty cops, they can't start opening fire in a crowded room.
Safely robbed???? what a stupid statement someone with weapons comes in and starts pointing guns or makes threats that they have a gun and that some how is safe????

Brisco

Expert Expediter
No fireman are not in the prevention business they are a "response" team......

Do what?

You own several businesses, right? Do you not have your local Fire Department out there every 3 months doing their quarterly inspection of your business making sure you are not making things hazardous that could result in a possible fire?

Like, you own a little restaurant, correct. Isn't your Fire Departments out there checking to make sure you're not storing your cans of grease a foot away from the burners, and stuff like that?

Fire Departments are in the "Prevention Business" too. Every commercial property I've ever leased has always had to go through a quarterly inspection by the Local Fire Departments. Just sittin' around waitin' for fires to happen is not the only job Fire Departments have. At least not here in the DFW area.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I would think that the emotional impact just comes from the fact that there was a robbery. If you had your house robbed and you weren't even there you are still impacted by the crime emotionally because it takes away a sense of security. Now if that burglar was killed by your neighbor you are able to feel a little more safe because you know that person is not coming back. The emotional impact comes from the crime itself and is the fault of the criminal not the people that are brave enough to stand-up for a better society.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Safely robbed :p

If I was ever going to do an armed robbery, I would rob grocery stores. Why ... because its the safest. They don't get robbed, so their won't be a shotgun underneath the register, and there are usually more than 1 registers.

I honestly don't understand why more grocery / retail stores aren't robbed. Robbing gas stations and liquor stores are for idiots.

The truck stop actually isn't that bad of a place to rob, you've got lot of get away routes and you aren't likely to run into a person carrying and wanting to play hero. But the take would be small imo.

I would also rob on foot / bike with a car a mile or two away.

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
No fireman are not in the prevention business they are a "response" team...I believe that the LEO motto is more or less "to PROTECT & Serve" At least thats what it says on the side of the Police Cars running around my home town....

And the fact that LEO CAN NOT be on every corner is why people need to be able to defend and protect themselves...as our country goes to h8ll in a hand basket, even alot of LEO depts are telling people to arm themselves and plan on protecting themselves..why would that be?? Because they know they can't "protect and serve" even to the point that the SC has ruled that it isn't the Police depts job to protect individual citzens, just to simply be there to protect the masses, not you or me as an indivdiual....so it would seen a good policy to be armed, trained and ready to defend and protect you and yours and those in need of help....

I have no problem with citizens arming them selves and i agree
woth you that theres more than the police can handle my dept has cut back so much w

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Sorry got cut off ..we are at staffing levels not seen since 1985.....but we do best we can and move on

Brisco

Expert Expediter
If I was ever going to do an armed robbery, I would rob grocery stores. Why ... because its the safest. They don't get robbed, so their won't be a shotgun underneath the register, and there are usually more than 1 registers.

I honestly don't understand why more grocery / retail stores aren't robbed. Robbing gas stations and liquor stores are for idiots.

The truck stop actually isn't that bad of a place to rob, you've got lot of get away routes and you aren't likely to run into a person carrying and wanting to play hero. But the take would be small imo.

I would also rob on foot / bike with a car a mile or two away.

Low rates in Expediting gettin' to ya'.............

Thinking of other ways to make an income???

:D :D :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Brisco wrote:

You own several businesses, right? Do you not have your local Fire Department out there every 3 months doing their quarterly inspection of your business making sure you are not making things hazardous that could result in a possible fire?

Ok, yes the Fire dept has "prevention programs" in place, but that is not their primary job...that being said, they do consult with business owners through inspections.

Now me personally..yes i own 3 different businesses and my wife owns 2...only one of them have a phyical building and in 4 yrs, that building (which is owned by a city) has had 1 fire inspection and that was within the 1st month of signing the lease.....all of our other businesses are either "service type businesses" where the services are provide on the customers site or run from our home (the leasing company that owns our equipment for our businesses) so no building are involved....LOL, I also run one of them from the front seat of my van, Taking calls about the service, scheduling appointments and scheduling staff for the appointments, billing, and followup calls..all from my truck..

But your point is well taken...