It's a Merry Christmas Month

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know the difference between a "B-4" and a "B4" but apparently not everyone does. turn, turn, turn

humour aside.....There is no B-4 Espar as typed by Guido.....it is actually a B4 as stated on Guidos invoice...so in fact Turtle was NOT wrong.....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anyone who is not anal care about a hyphen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thank god my brain is half frozen in the cold and is too slow to digest this thread this morning.

mike1753

Seasoned Expediter
I hope this finds you all safe and snow free...

Getting loaded in Springfield, Missouri and heading to Laredo where I hope it is warm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Load One is proud to have been nominated for Best Fleets to Drive For award again this year. The next phase involves our drivers completing a detailed survey. Many of you should have received the link via email to complete it. If you are a have not gotten or need the link feel free to send me a private message with your email address and I will have one sent to you.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
No John you just missed a post. It was said we could talk about pickles & shorts and I said or shackles & warts. Just trying to make a rhyme.

Long day, ran late getting into Newburgh, NY.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
So, I get a call at around 2330 asking IF I would be ready to load IF I can get this load going to Arlington Txt?
I say no, I'm not going to go to Dallas. Sorry.
You're not going to Dallas? Ok, I'll have to put you in for a turn down, brother. Good luck.

Seriously? Didn't even bid on it and it's a turn down? Ok...then put in the turn down notes what I said and not what you think I said. After spending several days here in Kansas City how on earth does a load to Dallas seem better somehow? From a drivers perspective, it's not better.
When you threaten and then penalize on a nonexistent load, call it what you will. I will call it what it is...forced dispatch.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
So, I get a call at around 2330 asking IF I would be ready to load IF I can get this load going to Arlington Txt?
I say no, I'm not going to go to Dallas. Sorry.
You're not going to Dallas? Ok, I'll have to put you in for a turn down, brother. Good luck.

Seriously? Didn't even bid on it and it's a turn down? Ok...then put in the turn down notes what I said and not what you think I said. After spending several days here in Kansas City how on earth does a load to Dallas seem better somehow? From a drivers perspective, it's not better.
When you threaten and then penalize on a nonexistent load, call it what you will. I will call it what it is...forced dispatch.

How many times has it been said that turn downs are to track layover pay. If they want to bid you a load and you say no then you don't get to claim it. Really no different then them having a load and turning it down. Don't know why some worry so much about turndowns. Other than you lose layover. An opportunity to move you, whether a bid or an actual load is still lost by you saying no !!! It's really no big deal, it's just 75 or 50 bucks or whatever you lose !!!

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Load One is proud to have been nominated for Best Fleets to Drive For award again this year. The next phase involves our drivers completing a detailed survey. Many of you should have received the link via email to complete it. If you are a have not gotten or need the link feel free to send me a private message with your email address and I will have one sent to you.

Good morning! I got 3 e-mails concerning that survey. Would you like me to take it 3 times?....lol..( already filled it out once)