IT IS A !!!!!!!!!!!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
> Dieseldiva and Manlaw say that no one should offer an
>opinion on Bambam's post, because she didn't ask for it. I
>say: who asked for theirs?

One has only to read your "review" of BamBam on her ratings to see what your opinion is. Some of us will defend others when we see the need, far too many just jump on the band wagon and dish out more crap because they wouldn't want to "rock the boat" for "the clique".

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>> Dieseldiva and Manlaw say that no one should offer an
>>opinion on Bambam's post, because she didn't ask for it. I
>>say: who asked for theirs?
>
>One has only to read your "review" of BamBam on her ratings
>to see what your opinion is. Some of us will defend others
>when we see the need, far too many just jump on the band
>wagon and dish out more crap because they wouldn't want to
>"rock the boat" for "the clique".

First, my rating of Bambam is totally irrelevant, but I stand behind it.
Second, I categorically disagree 100% with your "explanation" - I believe people post what they think, no more nor less. If you think there's some junior high school type 'clique', and you're not part of it, then I don't know what to say, except you're as entitled to your opinion as everyone else. And, as Linder pointed out: when you post on a public forum, other folks' opinions are what you're asking for.
Your post blasting people who offered an "unsolicited" opinion in response to Bambam was as hypocritical as it gets. IMO, of course.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Careful what you say Cheri, You don't want to get kicked out of the 'clique' Club do ya?

It's real funny, I have not heard a word from Bambam. Maybe she is mature enough to understand what was being said in the post and was not offended at all. Others seem to think they need to talk for her and form her opinions for her. I don't think so!

Come on guys, we do not need to turn something special into a pissing contest. Bambam understands that nothing degrading or negative was intended in those post, only hopes and wishes for the best for her and her baby girl. Sometimes we have a tendency to "preach" our opinions but that comes from being parents.

Again Bambam, I wish the BEST for you and your Child.

Danny

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well it did turn into a p*ssing contest.

I understand what many are getting at but sorry to say this and ruffle some feathers, let's face it many problems which kids face today is cause by selfishness, plain and simple. A lot of people are passionate about kids and the wellbeing of all of them, so it only figures that this thread would be like this and there is nothing wrong with opinions, especially passionate ones.

I think that what my parents did everyone today can do and the excuses are just that, excuses. I find that outside of the horrible system we have with taxes which actually take a lot of money away from families (see my last line in this post) and the need for parents to have things, kids today are an accessory that many use to lift their low self esteem up among their peers. Many I see don't give a cr*p what happens to their kids because of their poor standards and lack of intellectual fortitude, like the one I wrote about at Walmart, sorry but that is a bad parent and proves my point. People don't take parenting classes, many new parents are just plain nervous and others don't give a sh*t to care enough about the kids but when has it been that people became so d*mn dumb that they think that kids can teach themselves and that they have to have a career (NOTICE I did not say make money).

I am frustrated, I am to the point that I can't stand seeing single people raising kids because of the harm that it actually does to the kid long term. I don't blame the person at all, I blame society - you and me for this mess. For those who understand what I am about to say, please explain it to others but the reason we have most of the problems now is the break up of the family and the emancipation of the children themselves from any authority. For what it is worth, I look at people who come from places like the Middle East or China and see family units that work. We need to look at some of these people and see how they struggle to get by with five or six kids in the house. It amazes me when I go visiting that I see my parents. We lost that but we must get it back.

As for Betty, I said what I said - offended or not, I wish her luck in her future.

Oh and on the tax thing, I challenge you who think I am out of my mind by saying 'that two parents should not work to support the family' to please go to the site listed and read about the Fair Tax and how it can help out everyone. I so strongly feel that this is one big solution for many families like mine who really really struggle everyday. Read it and think about it - if you care about the children :)

http://www.fairtax.org

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Bambam
Congrats on the new addition to your family.

I think the issue with this type of post is the history behind it. If it was just a post to celebrate the birth of her child, that is one thing. The problem is, this story has went on for several months.
Lets call it what it is. She had a kid with some guy she didn't know while on the road. Or, that is what SHE posted.
Parents need to stay at home and raise their kids, period.
Maybe, could be or whatever means a contemplation. Even a remote consideration should be off the table.
Kids come first.
Who is going to defend that as something to be dancing in the isles about?
Since it was posted in a public forum, chances are you will get answers or opinions from the public.
I don't think members respond or not because of a "clique"
Manlaw........you have posted 22 times with three quarters of them a complaint about moderators. Somehow I don't think you would ever be satisfied. Maybe a approach of contributing something positive for a change might be of a benefit to everyone.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Greg said: "I don't blame the person at all, I blame society - you and me for this mess."

Society might contribute to one's thought processes. But the person alone makes the decision. Good or bad, the decision has to be lived with. And you and I usually end up paying for those decisions, without say. And the children end up paying for those decisions, without say.

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
Yes I read all the post.My plan is to get a local driving job which will bring me home everyday. Almost like what im doing today,except with a class A cdl they have co that put you in their school and you work for them locally.

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
Bam Bam, A local driving job with a class A CDL might work out for you, good luck.

PS Don`t forget the birth control.;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe when bambam first posted about her pregnancy she said she was going back to her "old man." So apparently there is another adult involved in her life.

As for birth control, she remembered, but experienced technical difficulties. Or to paraphrase bambam; it broke.

Best wishes bambam and that old man of yours...I think maybe you should try and hang on to him! He must be quite a guy.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Congrats Betty.
That being said you are a genius :)
With one 42 word post you have blown up a forum and have me laughing my azz off.
I swear sometimes you are bald retired professor doing a humanity experiment from the confines of a think tank.
Just 2 days ago I believe a post mentioned about the top 10 yahoo searches of the year being entertainment related, for shame was the response and here you are announcing the pending birth of you daughter and everyone has a stroke.
I love you to death cause you upset the balance and keep folks on their toes.
All my best,
Mike

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
LMAO Goodtude! You have absolutely nailed it! The continuing saga of All My Expediters. :7

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
More like "As the wheels don't turn" IMO, but I sure do enjoy it! And best of luck to Bambam, who could definitely use it.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's pretty much all been said. It is a sad commentary that those who are concerned about the welfare of a child are attacked. Based on what BamBam has told us about her, she isn't exactly the picture of stability. I think she would agree with that statement, and any concern about the welfare of that child is well founded. But, in the enlightened age of political correctness we're all just supposed to put on our fake smiles and say isn't it great.

Well, no fake smile here, but I do wish BamBam all the best. Having a child can have a profound effect on how people live their lives. I hope that will be the case here.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
BamBam I wish you the best of luck. I can't say nothing about you because I don't know you personally. All I know is I would give anything to be able to give my wife a baby, but I most likely will never be able to. Unless God smiles down upon us. I pray he will allow us to have a child everyday. I'm saying that to say this remember people like us who can't have kids when you have yours. We most likely will never get to enjoy the experience you are about to. So remember that and enjoy it. It breaks my wifes heart to see these girls runnin around here with babies they don't take care of. She always says the people who don't deserve babies are the most fertile ones, and the ones who would take care of the baby can't have one. I'm not saying you aren't going to take care of your baby I'm just saying. Well good luck.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Wasn't going to post this but what the #####...
My son is going to be the father of my 1st grandchild about the same time you do your deal Betty...
I have grandbuddies that I love dearly but my grandaughter will be the 1st...
I can't wait:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
EJ, there is a difference between survival and wanting more. Many people, believe it or not live beyond their means and want to get a house that is too big for them. I live in a 1080 sq ft home and there were 6 kids raised here from 1953 to 1973. I watch the news as they followed one couple around who was trying to get their mortgage interest rate reduced, they had a home that was bigger then mine, they had a kid and they went out and bought a bigger home. They didn't sell the first one of which they are asking too much for and they can't afford the new one because they bought it with an interest only variable rate loan. I think that this couples priorities are messed up and they are more common than people think.

But as I said, there is a need to revamp the tax system in this country to help families deal with real issues like putting food on the table.

http://www.fairtax.org