IT IS A !!!!!!!!!!!

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
I FOUND OUT TODAY THAT IM HAVING A GIRL IN APRIL iM SO HAPPY
MAYBE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS ILL RETURN TO DRIVING BUT IWOULD RATHER GET MY CLASS A'S FIRST SO I CAN GET HOME A LOT MORE OFTEN

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Congratulations on the baby girl.
I hope for your baby's sake you will stay at home with it until
it is out of school. Babies need their mom's more than trucks do. :)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You stole my thunder, Aarb!

Bambam... as far as I know, there aren't any expediting companies that have rider policies for two year olds. What exactly do you plan on doing with your child when you get back in the truck?

I hope by the time you have the baby, your maternal instincts will kick in and override what's currently sitting on your shoulders. (Excuse me, but I'm doing my best not to GO OFF!!!)

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Until they're 18, children need to be at home with both mother and father if they're going to do their best. Girls especially need both parents full time to keep them from maturing into teen sluts. I know that flies against current societal norms but it's sadly true.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
All of the above and I am being conservative in my writings! I am not for more laws but children that live full time in a truck to me is a very sad situation and shouldn't be allowed. How can a small child grow and mature correctly in a 8' box if that big? If you are going to go back in the truck put the little girl up for adoption so a loving family that would love to stay home with her can raise her.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
To BamBam, congrats on your little angel. Little girls are so sweet and so much fun to raise. Hope your health is good and all goes well for you. Also, I'd like to apologize for the above comments from our co-members. Sometimes we get caught up in our own opinions and forget our manners.

To the rest of the above, she said MAYBE, MAYBE SHE WOULD GO BACK ON A TRUCK. A lot of things can happen in a couple years time, why go off on her and attempt to shame her for her speculation. She may have even meant she would drive LOCALLY. Would it have killed any of you to just share in her joy and GRACIOUSLY move on?? Totally uncalled for comments, especially the "teen :censoredsign:" one. Shame on you all.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
While we all know that it is best for BOTH parentsbe home during the first 18 years, there are some who went into trucking with a 14 year old daughter at home (not me).

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If you had read, DD, I said I hope her maternal instincts kick in. For her to even mention coming back to driving in a couple years is, to me, flying in the face of this "joyous occasion". I'm all about occasions for congratulating and celebrating. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them, IMO.

And that ain't the "MOD" part of me saying that, it's the "OLD SCHOOL/RIGHT THING TO DO" part of me saying that! In case you haven't noticed, the right thing to do in today's society is "whatever makes me feel good now". And there's nothing wrong with a couple of us old-schoolers trying to school someone in the right thing to do, now is there?

And screw manners! Integrity and conscience comes before manners. I wouldn't shake Hillary Clinton's hand if she reached out with hers. Well... you get the point, I hope.

And please don't apologize for me! You have never met me. So what makes you think you can speak for me?

Having said that...

Bambam, I hope you do well, stay healthy, and learn a lot about being a good mother! :)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Thawk, I DID read what you wrote and I'll ask you if you read the original post?? BamBam was expressing her joy and speculating that she might someday return to trucking. No where did she ask "what do you all think of that"?? Can't we just stay on topic and not bombard her with our opinions??

I'm from the "old-school" as well but there's a time and place for everything and this isn't it.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
<BUT I WOULD RATHER GET MY CLASS A'S FIRST SO I CAN GET HOME A LOT MORE <OFTEN

OK, so what does SO I CAN GET HOME MORE OFTEN mean to you DD? Does that sound like a local job?

I am happy for her and do hope the baby is healthy and things go
well in her pregnancy.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
It doesn't matter what it means to me. The point is she was only trying to share her good news with us and didn't ask for opinions or put downs.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
As a mother and not as a MOD I am going to give an opinion. When you post on the forums you are going to get an opinion on any topic. I hope she will rethink what she is going to do in the future and as you say get a job where she can be home as much as possible with her baby girl. Maybe some of the opinions posted above will give her a push to rethink her future and the babies future.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
DD,

I am also from the old school, you don't discuss personal matters in the open regardless what it is. I don't like hearing excuses for people who make 'mistakes' that effect others, sorry that is old fashion too I guess. But I also understand that there are opinions from all walks of life and we are thinking of both Betty and the kid when we offer unsolicited advice based on our experiences and beliefs.

Having a kid is really a personal matter but glad to hear what's going on with her. She indicated she is going to go get a class a which means to many of us that she will move back to a driving career which can be a touchy subject for some.

Many of us, including me feel the place for parents are with the kids, not working if it is all possible, but many decide to choose the road while other means to make money are at their disposal. It don't matter to me (or the kid for that matter) whether it is the father or mother that stays with the kid or there is a balance of the two but I find it selfish that going back on the road is an only option for anyone with a kid under 14.

I guess after a near deadly accident with the kid grabbing the wheel of the truck because he lost his balance getting out of his seat, I am super critical about the issue with kids in trucks and think it should be made a law that no kid under 16 be allowed in a tractor for any reason. My God look at the laws that have been created protecting children, we are all faced with changing our profession because of the diesel particles in the air so they have had to create the mess we all live with now - ULSD. There is no reason why a kid should be on the road to be put into harms way or be a distraction to the operator because it is not the kid I am concerned about but my life and the lives of others around me.

Betty, I am glad of the news and hope everything goes well for you.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Greg, read and understood everything you wrote, even AGREE with most of it. I'm merely trying to make the point that some things are maybe a little too delicate to be criticized. Sorry if that bothers anyone, it's just my humble opinion or as some would say "personal observation".

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Bambam,

Congrats on the the good news!!

I can understand that sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to earn a living and support your children even if it's not the ideal situation for raising a child. There are a lot of Grand parents keeping and raising a child so the parents can work and provide for that child's needs, for them today and their future.
I don't think you were indicating raising the child on the road in a truck (at least I hope not). But for your and your child's best interest, I hope you can find something more condusive to being a good parent and mother, and being there to watch your daughter grow up than driving a truck OTR. I'm sure your motherly instincts will kick in when you hold that precious little one in your arms and a truck will be the farthest thing from your mind.

Deiseldiva,............What T-Hawk said!!!!!

Danny

ManLaw

Seasoned Expediter
Bambam, CONGRATULATIONS on the news and may you experience all the joys that motherhood can bring.

HERE is a thread that shows EXACTLY why some members, and lurking potential members, seldom, IF EVER, post here. Bambam comes here to share some happy news with the members she has come to know on EO. Hoping for maybe some "Congrats" and "Good Luck". How raising little girls is all "sugar & spice". How dressing those little girls is all pink and frilly. OH NO !!! Stepping up is the "Holier Than Thou" EO clique and the EO God Mods to tell her how her "SOMEDAY MAYBE" scenerio doesn't fit their "old school" definition of "normal". The only thing normal I see here, is the EO clique pointing out that if she doesn't do things "their" way that she's doing it WRONG.

Have none of you known any successful single mothers? Have none of you known of grandparents raising grandchildren? Did you all do such a good job at raising your kids that they NEVER gave you one minute of greif? Are all of you now writing the parenting guide that will allow you to retire from the profits?

"Old School" is just that....OLD !! There are VERY FEW of the "Old School" ways that most of us grew up with left for the kids of today.

No more Mom getting up early in the morning to prepare a big breakfast for the kids before they go off to school every morning. No more Mom waiting at the door with fresh baked cookies when the kids get off the bus in the afternoon. You see, most kids these days grow up with both parents working. Most are lucky to have one parent still home when they LEAVE for school, much less home when they get off the bus at the end of the day.

How many of you that are over 35 ever went to "daycare"? How about "preschool"? Believe me, those are the "lucky" kids. How many "latchkey" kids go home to an empty house?

We ALL grow up thinking VERY different things are "normal". In todays society, "normal" is just a setting on the dryer.

Ease up people. I don't see where she ASKED for any of your advice on how she should live her life. If you can't be nice and offer her some congrats and best of luck in whatever you choose to do, ignore the post and don't feel like you have to spout off your holier than thou attitude. Where do you get off telling her that if she won't raise her child "YOUR WAY" that she should just give it up for adoption? That's just WRONG !!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Bambam,

I do not think that anyone was trying to be insensitive to you and your situation. I certainly did not mean to imply anything negative.
I think the reaction from everyone was from your statement about going back on the road in a couple of years. Most of the responses came from a genuine concern for your well being and your child's. As Manlaw stated, things are much different now than in my childhood days and even in my parenting days. But we can't help but wish for the best situation as possible for you. That may be OLD SCHOOL or whatever some may call it, but by golly it was GOOD!!!

Bambam, if you were offended by what was said, please speak up and let us know. I will be the first to apologize for offending you, but not apologize for the way I feel.

Danny

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
>Bambam, CONGRATULATIONS on the news and may you experience
>all the joys that motherhood can bring.

You can't experience something when you aren't around.

>HERE is a thread that shows EXACTLY why some members, and
>lurking potential members, seldom, IF EVER, post here.
>Bambam comes here to share some happy news with the members
>she has come to know on EO. Hoping for maybe some "Congrats"
>and "Good Luck". How raising little girls is all "sugar &
>spice". How dressing those little girls is all pink and
>frilly. OH NO !!! Stepping up is the "Holier Than Thou" EO
>clique and the EO God Mods to tell her how her "SOMEDAY
>MAYBE" scenerio doesn't fit their "old school" definition of
>"normal". The only thing normal I see here, is the EO clique
>pointing out that if she doesn't do things "their" way that
>she's doing it WRONG.

Because it's NOT all sugar and spice! Poop and spit up has a lot to do with it! EO God Mods? Has nothing to do with this! If you haven't noticed, a few who aren't mods actually agree, and are stating their OPINION also.

>Have none of you known any successful single mothers? Have
>none of you known of grandparents raising grandchildren? Did
>you all do such a good job at raising your kids that they
>NEVER gave you one minute of greif? Are all of you now
>writing the parenting guide that will allow you to retire
>from the profits?

Successful single mothers? Yes, there are some. How do you define successful tho? The kids graduated and got a job? The kids stayed out of juvi? The kids didn't get killed by a maniac boyfriend? All depends on how DETERMINED the MOTHER is to actually put forth an EFFORT to MOTHER HER KIDS! That doesn't mean sticking frozen dinners in the freezer while she's preoccupied; then dropping them off at mama's so she can have HER time. Being a mother means you get very little ME TIME. Being a mother means the CHILDREN come first... not the mama.

>"Old School" is just that....OLD !! There are VERY FEW of
>the "Old School" ways that most of us grew up with left for
>the kids of today.

Ya ever think maybe that's why today's western society is going in the toilet?

>No more Mom getting up early in the morning to prepare a big
>breakfast for the kids before they go off to school every
>morning. No more Mom waiting at the door with fresh baked
>cookies when the kids get off the bus in the afternoon. You
>see, most kids these days grow up with both parents working.
>Most are lucky to have one parent still home when they LEAVE
>for school, much less home when they get off the bus at the
>end of the day.

Yep... kids being left to raise themselves. Real smart! Just because it's the way of the world, doesn't make it right. If everyone jumped off a bridge...

>How many of you that are over 35 ever went to "daycare"? How
>about "preschool"? Believe me, those are the "lucky" kids.
>How many "latchkey" kids go home to an empty house?

This conversation isn't about daycare. And we're not really talking about working moms. We're talking about going away from a CHILD for days on end. THE MOM LEAVING HER CHILDREN FOR DAYS OR WEEKS. Doesn't seem like neglect to you? I don't mean legally, I mean mentally to that child. A child need their mother.

>We ALL grow up thinking VERY different things are "normal".
>In todays society, "normal" is just a setting on the dryer.

Again... it's just society telling it's ok to pizz in the wind.

>Ease up people. I don't see where she ASKED for any of your
>advice on how she should live her life. If you can't be nice
>and offer her some congrats and best of luck in whatever you
>choose to do, ignore the post and don't feel like you have
>to spout off your holier than thou attitude. Where do you
>get off telling her that if she won't raise her child "YOUR
>WAY" that she should just give it up for adoption? That's
>just WRONG !!

Sorry... but anything posted in a FORUM is fair game for opinions. Not giving her any holier than thou attitude. I'm giving her my OPINION that it's not a ragdoll in her gut. It's a HUMAN BEING. And if you don't wish to be treated like garbage, you'd better take care of your kids. Cause they WILL "take care" of you in the end.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dieseldiva and Manlaw say that no one should offer an opinion on Bambam's post, because she didn't ask for it. I say: who asked for theirs?