Is trucking a good substitute for divorce?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Speaking the truth doesn't make you a douche...
I have the distinct feeling that his definition of "a wife" just might, though.

"I was getting a wife not a roommate."
"she either changes"

Gives one pause.

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I have the distinct feeling that he definition of "a wife" just might, though.

"I was getting a wife not a roommate."
"she either changes"

Gives one pause.

I was speaking of bobwolf...he said I might sound like a douche...now your quote well I shall not comment!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In that case she is better off without me.

Maybe your wife would be better off without you, but what about your kids?
How will it affect them to have their father gone for so much of their lives, missing important [to them] school occasions, milestones, birthdays, etc?
Expediting is not a good choice for parents of minor children.

Giocrypt

Rookie Expediter
Maybe your wife would be better off without you, but what about your kids?
How will it affect them to have their father gone for so much of their lives, missing important [to them] school occasions, milestones, birthdays, etc?
Expediting is not a good choice for parents of minor children.

I thought about that and yes that is the hardest thing that I had to think about when making the decision, however in the end it came down to the fact that I would want for them to spend more time with their mother and that they get to have a mother more than me.

Please understand that the presence of a male figure is important however there is a reason mothers are generally given preferred treatment when it comes to children. I can be replaced, she can't.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I thought about that and yes that is the hardest thing that I had to think about when making the decision, however in the end it came down to the fact that I would want for them to spend more time with their mother and that they get to have a mother more than me.

Please understand that the presence of a male figure is important however there is a reason mothers are generally given preferred treatment when it comes to children. I can be replaced, she can't.

Preferred treatment from whom?

Giocrypt

Rookie Expediter
At least that's how I saw it living in California. Women in these cases get preferential treatment from the state.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
{TEXT DELETED - Turtle}

Name calling, personal attacks. No, sorry.

2. Be respectful of others at all times.
The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice divergent opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At least that's how I saw it living in California. Women in these cases get preferential treatment from the state.

Women get preferential treatment in court ordered custody cases because women are generally more likely to be a caregiver than a breadwinner in the family structure. That doesn't mean they are 'more' important to the welfare of the kids, though.
Kids grow up best with as much parental involvement as possible, no matter which parent does what. Ideally, both caregiving & breadwinning would be shared equally, though it never works out that way, does it?
Just because you're the primary breadwinner, it doesn't absolve you of the duty to be a caregiver also - kids need both parents, no matter who does which role. You cannot be replaced, any more than she can.
The hardest part of parenting is being unselfish, and putting their needs ahead of your own desires.
Been there, done that.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
There was no spark in mine a year ago but let me tell ya how nice the lions den adult stores added not a spark but a full on blazing fire lol. Just kidding but no seriously sometimes you have to do drastic things in hopes it gets better.

Since I've been back trucking we are more in love than ever and I think it is due to the fact when I'm gone and before we didn't realize how much we wanted/needed each other. Trucking doesn't ruin marriages, in my opinion it makes them stronger.

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
Have you ever considered the possibility of health issues? There are times when a woman is going through the "change" or there is a large amount of stress that desire is the LAST thing she feels. I am not speaking for all women just from personal experience.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Have you ever considered the possibility of health issues? There are times when a woman is going through the "change" or there is a large amount of stress that desire is the LAST thing she feels. I am not speaking for all women just from personal experience.

Menopause can test a relationship big-time..one minute you can get frostbite from the buttcheeks, the next minute you're expecting a thermometer to pop out like a butterball turkey..lol..hotflashes..who invented them and why???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

gunnerwife

Rookie Expediter
You got that right!! :) Women are still paying for Eve taking a bite of that **** apple!! And men are still paying because Adam went along with it!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The causes of every marriage failure can easily be found by having each party involved look in a mirror. There in lies the answer.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And that is proof a all men including myself will give up common sense for a female. Unfortunately some more than others.

Adam was suckered into it by eve. L.O.L

Bob Wolf.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well, i'm going to be pretty hard core here to the op but bull to all of it. just because there is no spark is no reason to get divorced. look at how many good qualities you stated your marriage has versus the one bad, no spark. marriage isn't all spring time blooms and blossoms, sometimes its dropping leaves and cold winters. that's what marriage is, the willingness to accept all aspects and move through life together creating a future. the rest is a cop out. there are only very few good reasons to get divorced.

as far as your children go, being absent from their lives is something you will regret. you can do this but it will take effort and planning. i was on the road with visitation for my son and i was diligent about being home every other weekend for visitation and planned for all the other big moments. same as we do now for things even though the kids are full grown adults. you only get those opportunities once in life same as your children only have one father. i have step children i have been with since they were very small. they love me, call me dad, when they talk about us they refer to us as my parents, my son included, but even though they have always only seen their biological father a half dozen times a year they still love him. "by the way, he lives in the same town as the kids". that's just one of those things. don't be an absent father. i have seen how it affects the children. it is also !!!!!!!! " descriptive words of this nature are not allowed "

the whole thing sounds to me like you just want to bail instead of pushing through one of marriages tougher moments which all of them have. you should really step back and look at all you have and take inventory. you will probably see that you have some pretty irreplaceable items on your list. nobody said this was gonna be easy.

for information, my wife and i of course are both once divorced. we each have children from those previous marriages. she has two, twins, a boy and girl. i have one, a son. been divorced 22 years for me and 24 years for her and we have been married for seventeen years. raised our kids and they are all on their own. so, we do have some knowledge. just think long and hard.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you all do realize the vow..."till death do us part" was created when a mans life span was age 35?....the longest he'd be married would be maybe 20 years probably less....not the 50 plus as now...just saying