Is a Toilet too much to ask for?

asapexpedit

Seasoned Expediter
I've drawn the line in the sand for my husband about me continuing with this lifestyle. We've been at this a year and for me to continue I really need to have a REAL potty in the truck. We notice new trucks with toilets but can buy one of those. What's a girl to do???

Reactions: ttruck

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Well, sometimes you have to improvise and learn to "make do". Another option is a porta-potty that you can buy where camping items are sold. Here is a suggestion from Camping World..

The PETT Portable Toilet

It folds up to briefcase size and uses special waste bags. You can also do a Google search for portable camping toilet. :)

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing like good ole "Depression" style re-cycling there Turtle. My mom used to save the "waxed paper" from the inside of cereal boxes when the ceral was gone and use it to wrap our mashed potato sandwhiches for our school lunches. Layoutshooter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Asap: a toilet is not too much to ask for - I mean, really! Pick one out that fits your space & budget, and take a load off your mind (not to mention your bladder).
When the weather is scary, or you want to park at the Consignee's the night before, it's definitely worth the money.

guido4475

Not a Member
go to thetford.com they are made in michigan.I have one that holds 5.5 gallons of poop, and 4.5 gallons of fresh water.I love it!! an excellent place to sit and read the usa today in the mornings!!and cheap regular toilet paper from wal-mart works just fine, and the chemical with the green lid on it from walmart works the best.a definate life-saver after eating at the flying j.........

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
...holds 5.5 gallons of poop...

applause.gif

Reactions: paulnstef39

guido4475

Not a Member
Do I hear jealousy in your post,Mr Turtle? I could not of think of a better way to put it.I was looking at the humor in it.

Gesika

Seasoned Expediter
I bought the Walmart camper potty and life is so much better. Hoping the security cameras don't spy you peeing under the truck during the night in the parking lot of a closed Walmart while freezing in -15 degrees of Minnesota winter, waking up to yellow snow and moving the truck before anybody notices, is not fun.

guido4475

Not a Member
I do, however, admire the creativity from everyone on the alternative methods to poop in a truck.But I think the best idea goes to a long lost freind who used the following items in place of a toilet.

Walmart bag.

pizza box.

white foam carryout container.

now can we change this crappy subject since I have just grossed everyone out? lol.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Think Outside the Bun

Home of the Whopper

Avoid the Noid

Better Ingredients, Better Pizza

Domino's Delivers

Run for the Border

It's Finger Lickin' Good

Where's the Beef?