holiday weekend

ISLNANA

Seasoned Expediter
just wondering what everyone's plans are for the upcoming holiday weekend? are you planning on hometime or staying out?
we are stuck in seattle,probably won't get to ohio anytime soon,and were wondering how many others are staying out due to choice or like us being far from home? whatever your plans ,hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday!!!:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We deliver in Miami on Friday. Will most likely camp at Mrs. Layoutshooter's Mom's place for the weekend. IT's FISHING TIME!!! FUN, I am starting to remeber what that is!!:D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
You could be stranded in worse places if not the farthest one out.

This vehicle is going to stay available for work until everything shuts down then make its way to Dallas via St Louis for vehicle service. I'm being interviewed by someone working on their doctoral thesis on Monday. Early in the week, I'll help install a show in one of the Dallas galleries. Last part of the week I'll be back out. Wish my loads would mesh together as nicely as this weekend into Dallas.

Enjoy all there is to see out west.

eb

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
One of our local fire departments has their annual memorial day chicken BBQ dinner, so we'll be going there for lunch. We'll finish planting our garden, work on building the truck garage, putter around the yard, and just enjoy being together.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That Depends on the freight, I would love to get by the House but, As I'm in Atlanta now, Being Home is not looking like is going to Happen.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We deliver in Texas tomorrow morning and will remain in service over the long weekend. If no freight comes, that is OK. Not far from our delivery, one of our nephews is graduating from college and there will be family doings there. If an acceptable offer comes, we will roll on the load.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
We deliver in Mohave,CA Friday morning. If we don't get a load out of there by evening we're gonna turn tail and head to Dallas,TX for the holiday weekend. Strokers Harley shop and Icehouse should be having a big biker bash this weekend and we like hanging out there at the Icehouse. It will put us about two blocks from a big customer of ours.

Hoping a really good trucker friend of ours is gonna be able to join us to enjoy the goings on. Who knows, maybe we'll all get biker tats! LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well I am 1st out within 100 miles of the Evansville Ind. area after bein #2 all day today. So I'll hang here till noon, 1pm tomorrow, if no load by then, I'll start headin north for the 400 miles back to toledo...then its smoked prime ribs sunday and beer, alots and lots of beer and brats monday at a family get together.....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
well if i don't get outta here i am goin home for the berry family monday memorial day parade and b'fast in the gutter......and thats the high point.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Tearing apart the truck interior to Dynamat the floor, roof, and walls. Also installing CB cable/antennas, new spot mirrors, new seat and replace the midship signals.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We ran freight to Texas that was delivered early this morning. To our surprise, while on that run, we were predispatched on a run that picks up on Sunday morning, delivers Monday night and pays over $2.00 per mile, all miles.

Curious, we checked VRU and learned that there are zero truck in the Dallas express center now and TEN loads have been dispatched out of there before noon on Friday...seven C loads and three D loads. This before a long weekend. Not something we expected in these recessionary times.

This cuts short the long-weekend visit we planned to have with relatives in the area but we will still get to see them.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are in Miami, delivered here this morning. Will stay here for the weekend so Mrs. Layoutshooter can visit with her mother and sister. I will try to go fishing.

guido4475

Not a Member
I might as well stay home for the weekend now.Just called and going to have a bunch of mulch delivered for the gardens,and build a 20-ft workbench in the garage. The van is all waxed up and ready to go, full of fuel.But I am not holding my breath, either.Oh yea, I'll give mouth to mouth cpr to a couple bottles of Captain Morgan.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
That Depends on the freight, I would love to get by the House but, As I'm in Atlanta now, Being Home is not looking like is going to Happen.

Was in Atlanta yesterday, 20 miles from home but freight called! Aaaahhh yes, the sweet sound of money, couldn't say no! So here I sit in Toledo Ohio today, loadless, 3/3 team! Looks like I'm gonna be here until Tuesday! Oh well, guess I'll just have to have a BBQ and work on my tan. Hmmmm I wonder, does a tan make one look younger? :D

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Lot's of good eatin places and stuff to do in that area. Both in Toledo and Monroe.

Can't remember the last time I ate at a restaurant or fast food place. Got sick from a FJ waitress a couple years ago so I make it a point to make my own food. Don't want no dirty, or sick, hands in my plate. Yep so I guess it's BBQ chicken and burger and a nice tan for the holiday.