Heading out into Expediting the 13th. Any advice?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
U just gonna go knock on doors somewhere and say give me freight or do u have ur own authority to find loads??:D

Figgured i'd jes hang around the corners with a hand scratched cardboard sign around my neck if the door knockin fails.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
While waiting for the cellphone beep, be sure to park in an area and position to allow any cooked golden geese which happen to be flying around to fall into your truck. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Best advice I can give is NEVER take one of those "can you help me out loads".:D

Oh and good luck on your first day back out there.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
**** I must be an expedite driver. Got a load out, then got a load back to twenty miles from home, an wala here I be. On the house puter. Luck'll prolly run out tho.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
**** I must be an expedite driver. Got a load out, then got a load back to twenty miles from home, an wala here I be. On the house puter. Luck'll prolly run out tho.

It's that newbie juice, did ya bring em cheesecake?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
And don't leave OH, IN, MI, IL, and KY. The Earth is flat, ya know.

Oh I know, I stayed in IN,MI this week, it's hard to stay on the bottom side of the flat Earth. I learned well from the Hawk, today I had an empty truck, and turned down a load......got a tractor pull tomorrow. Back to the trenches Sunday or Monday I guess.

Cubby

Seasoned Expediter
Hi colonel, rates are down some, freight is a little slower, LTL quality has went south. One can still make a buck, just work a little harder

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
read this.............http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/20332-heading-out-need-advice.html

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I dunno about slo, but did a Sunday run to The Metro Opra in the big apple. Rested, and went over to Javits and picked up some show returns to bring back. 1628 miles house to house, jes short a four K and it's Wednesday. Seen a Daystar straight and a Tristate van on the side of the road on the way back. Where ya been there Cubby? Long time no hear. And, I truly appreciate ALL the kind advice fro Y'all.