Hazmat's Ford TerraMaxx

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yes, that is very similar to mine (DNX6180)... I bought it locally along with remote start and a alarm system... If you get the Kenwood 7180 or 7480 you also get an sd card slot to download your planned routes via streets and trips software (and other similar computer software)...
Wow, that's a pretty awesome setup. I'll have to think that one over though. As much as I like it, I'm a little leary of having everything in one unit too. What would concern me the most would be the integration between functions. For example...what if I'm running close on a pickup time (THAT happens a lot), and I'm a few turns away from the shipper when dispatch calls to see how close I am. When the phone rings, does the gps dissappear to show the incoming call? I could foresee a few different scenarios like that being possible?

The big advantage to have everything combined in one unit would be that you would have fewer devices (and the associated wires) cluttering up the dash. My van is a mess of tangled wires and power supplies to the gps, sirius/xm, sirius/xm antenna, gps, then a 4 outlet plug to power all of that crap.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, that's a pretty awesome setup. I'll have to think that one over though. As much as I like it, I'm a little leary of having everything in one unit too. What would concern me the most would be the integration between functions. For example...what if I'm running close on a pickup time (THAT happens a lot), and I'm a few turns away from the shipper when dispatch calls to see how close I am. When the phone rings, does the gps dissappear to show the incoming call? I could foresee a few different scenarios like that being possible?

The big advantage to have everything combined in one unit would be that you would have fewer devices (and the associated wires) cluttering up the dash. My van is a mess of tangled wires and power supplies to the gps, sirius/xm, sirius/xm antenna, gps, then a 4 outlet plug to power all of that crap.

Hey Rocket its got a split screen with choices of layouts, but a good question... I guess I'd better find that out before I hit the road... The Kenwood also downloads your entire address book from the phone and stores it... I also plan on installing a laptop mount and using my laptop as backup...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Scott, I thought it was a cool set-up:cool:
It appears to be a very cool setup! Ive been looking for what I want for the Cmax...this will be on the research list. The reviews Ive seen so far are good...but not from pro drivers.

Probably deserving of its own thread in the tech forum.

guido4475

Not a Member
It appears to be a very cool setup! Ive been looking for what I want for the Cmax...this will be on the research list. The reviews Ive seen so far are good...but not from pro drivers.

Probably deserving of its own thread in the tech forum.

You ever go to Crutchfield's website and see what they have? I've bought quite a few stereos from them in the past, the customer service is the best you'll ever see.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
You ever go to Crutchfield's website and see what they have? I've bought quite a few stereos from them in the past, the customer service is the best you'll ever see.
Nope, never have. Seems like Ive heard of 'em, never done business with 'em though. Lookin now.
*Added*: Great website. I'll take a closer look at that later. I really like the ability to narrow the search to very fine specs. Thanks!

Im leaning toward keeping the GPS seperate. Everything else would be nice in one unit.

Last edited:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's the best looking floor I've seen. Good job. Pallets should slide very easily.

Thank you very much... It took alot of time, we used 2 layers of 1/4" oak and overlapped the seams, also had to build out the side door area so pallets being pushed wouldn't fall into the step...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Thank you very much... It took alot of time, we used 2 layers of 1/4" oak and overlapped the seams, also had to build out the side door area so pallets being pushed wouldn't fall into the step...

I was wondering why that was there. Be careful, looks like a trip and fall down and bust your chops kind of hazard.

cubevanman

Active Expediter
Looks like the usb cord for the radio. i put a similar unit in my truck. The jvc touch screen nav unit. I like it alot.

leased to Load 1

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, I'll bite; what's the item coming out of the glovebox?

Looks like the usb cord for the radio. i put a similar unit in my truck. The jvc touch screen nav unit. I like it alot.

This is the usb cord for the radio and navigation system... I can download trip reports, etc. from the navagation system and of course hook-up media devices to the radio system... I also have a line in port on the dash for mp3 players and other media devices...

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator