Hazmat's Ford TerraMaxx

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, I'll try it again. You stated when you weighed your van, it weighed 6,775lbs. All I want to know is were you in the van when it was on the scale and how much fuel was in your tank.

Sent from my MB300 using EO Forums

I guess I should have worded that better... Sorry about that Moot... The truck was empty - no driver and no fuel, just the truck only...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Moot is a good guy to have on your side. If your nice, he might even share his "Blown steer tire reaction drill" with you. It is very imformative and should be in some sort of EO top 10 list some where.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Moot - The walls are being finished with what I call a light weight plastic sign board (like what you see on street corners and real estate agents, etc.)...
That stuff is called corrugated plastic. Looks alot like cardboard except it is plastic and seems to be more rigid. A web search will pull it up. It costs about $30 for a 4' x 8' sheet....problem is it has to be shipped by truck so the shipping costs are too much for small projects. Most sign shops carry it although they may not have the exact thickness or color your looking for. Im wanting some to do my ceiling/headliner with.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That stuff is called corrugated plastic. Looks alot like cardboard except it is plastic and seems to be more rigid. A web search will pull it up. It costs about $30 for a 4' x 8' sheet....problem is it has to be shipped by truck so the shipping costs are too much for small projects. Most sign shops carry it although they may not have the exact thickness or color your looking for. Im wanting some to do my ceiling/headliner with.

Thanks Rocket, that's it:thumbup:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I guess I should have worded that better... Sorry about that Moot... The truck was empty - no driver and no fuel, just the truck only...

6775?....is that just the shell/ bare truck from dealer, nothing added to it yet?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I also have both vert. and horiz. E-tracks that will be mounted flush to the existing floor... Will then install reflectex insulation and then 1/4" oak plywood ontop of the existing floor making the tracks recessed...
I question this. Are you sure 1/4" is what you need? I used 1/2" and its about perfect. I dont have reflectix under mine but I cant imagine it making up another 1/4".

Did you mean to say 1/2" ?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
bout the same as a Cmax....maybe 100 lbs more. Of course its rated at more than 8550 too.

well doh....i was thinking 10,000 in my mind...looks like the finished product he'll be down to 2500 - 2700 lb of payload... IF that 6775 is a shell weight

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Probably...depends on what he puts in it...and on it. Generator and rooftop is 2-300 depending on what ya go with. He wont be much over 7k if he keeps it basic.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Probably...depends on what he puts in it...and on it. Generator and rooftop is 2-300 depending on what ya go with. He wont be much over 7k if he keeps it basic.
Well he did say 6775 EMPTY tank and NO driver...that is about 500 lbs right there...total is now 72 and change....

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Moot is a good guy to have on your side. If your nice, he might even share his "Blown steer tire reaction drill" with you. It is very imformative and should be in some sort of EO top 10 list some where.

From all the safety training videos I watched as a T/T driver it always said to mash the accelerator to the floor to overcome the sideways force of a steer tire blowout allowing you to keep control of the vehicle. Then you take your foot off the accelerator and let the vehicle coast to a safe speed to pull onto the shoulder before braking. Since most companies I drove for had the governor set between 62 and 66 I always asked the question of what to do if a steer tire blew when running up against the governor but never got an answer.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
From all the safety training videos I watched as a T/T driver it always said to mash the accelerator to the floor to overcome the sideways force of a steer tire blowout allowing you to keep control of the vehicle. Then you take your foot off the accelerator and let the vehicle coast to a safe speed to pull onto the shoulder before braking. Since most companies I drove for had the governor set between 62 and 66 I always asked the question of what to do if a steer tire blew when running up against the governor but never got an answer.
Finally found it! It's post #14 in this thread: http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/30100-takes-cake.html

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Back when Chef got his there was talk of laminate flooring. Well I did that on one of my C/Vans and will do it from now on. Went to Home Depot got enough to do the floor and got the under laymant with it. The flooring is not quite 1/2 inch and with the under laymant it fits flush with the E-track on the floor. What this does is it make the pallets slide without any effort at all. Driver has it blocked up front to stop it from slidding forward. Was going to put a power deck in it but the 400 pds was just to much. Anyway got that idea from someone on the forum.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I may have missed it but I see Ultra Max and Terra Max is not at the Expo like last year. I guess they haven't sold enough of these vehicles in our market to justify it. Any input on this??

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
6775?....is that just the shell/ bare truck from dealer, nothing added to it yet?

It had the bulk head, 4 sets of L-track on the wall, finished interior walls (with no insulation) and back-up camera etc...