Hazmat's Ford TerraMaxx

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I may have missed it but I see Ultra Max and Terra Max is not at the Expo like last year. I guess they haven't sold enough of these vehicles in our market to justify it. Any input on this??

I thought Pallotta Ford was suppose to be there with a TerraMAXX???

Sent from my MB300 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Ok...you got me...what's that in the last pic?

Whats up with the radio...is it GPS also? How about sirius/xm?

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok...you got me...what's that in the last pic?

Whats up with the radio...is it GPS also? How about sirius/xm?

Picture is of the Hands Free Mic & GPS Antenna... The radio has hands free bluetooth for my cell phone, Garmen GPS System, Sirius/XM, DVD Player, USB Port and Line in for MP3....

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Picture is of the Hands Free Mic & GPS Antenna... The radio has hands free bluetooth for my cell phone, Garmen GPS System, Sirius/XM, DVD Player, USB Port and Line in for MP3....
That is aftermarket...correct. do you have a link to that? I wouldnt mind having one myself.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry about that Moot... The truck was empty - no driver and no fuel, just the truck only...

That's cool! I warned you I was a bit anal about curb weight, empty weight, tare weight or what ever you want to call it. Figuring 200 lbs. for a driver and 200 lbs. for fuel that will put you at 2,725 before modifications. Add 500 pounds and you are at about 2,225 pounds for cargo, which is about where I am at with a conventional Chevy. Close enough for jazz!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Palotta (sp) Ford is there with 2 units in the back right corner.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That stuff is called corrugated plastic. Looks alot like cardboard except it is plastic and seems to be more rigid.

Thanks, I know exactly what you are talking about. I used a Vinyl product that came in 4x8 sheets sold at Menards. It was about $15 a sheet and about as thick as a quarter or a Necco Wafer.
.IMG_0846.jpg

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is aftermarket...correct. do you have a link to that? I wouldnt mind having one myself.

Looks like this one or similar: Kenwood - DNX6190HD

Yes, that is very similar to mine (DNX6180)... I bought it locally along with remote start and a alarm system... If you get the Kenwood 7180 or 7480 you also get an sd card slot to download your planned routes via streets and trips software (and other similar computer software)...

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, I know exactly what you are talking about. I used a Vinyl product that came in 4x8 sheets sold at Menards. It was about $15 a sheet and about as thick as a quarter or a Necco Wafer.
.View attachment 5165

The stuff I have actually looks exactly like the construction of cardboard only plastic and is 1/4" thick... Very lightweight, easy to handle and cut...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. The stuff I used worked great for the walls, not so good for the ceiling. Because it is thin and pliable I should have glued it to some ⅛ Masonite or luan plywood. The ceiling is sagging slightly. The corrugated stuff you used would be perfect for the ceiling.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back when Chef got his there was talk of laminate flooring...
Anyway got that idea from someone on the forum.

Jack and Gracie Berry had laminate flooring in their HCV. There are some pictures of their floor in one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum. I believe it can be found in the collection compiled by ebsprintin.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. The stuff I used worked great for the walls, not so good for the ceiling. Because it is thin and pliable I should have glued it to some ⅛ Masonite or luan plywood. The ceiling is sagging slightly. The corrugated stuff you used would be perfect for the ceiling.
The corrugated plastic can sag also, maybe not as bad. You can get different thickness and I would try some of the really thick stuff on my ceiling if it were available locally. It just costs too much to ship in full sheets.....3 or 4 sheets at a time.

Definitely too thick for a toll booth.