Get that Fuel Ticket - TA/Petro

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's business. They will either get better at it or lose it. It's their job to look to get as much as they can. It's our job to get the best bang for our buck. It ebbs and it flows. From my point of view I like what they are doing. Still FAR too many dirty truck stops in those two chain, but improving.

chefjesse

Active Expediter
Yes Ken, but I'm in a gas van. Don't they understand that people like me spend anywhere from $500 - $1,000 on Gasoline each week! There are hundreds, maybe thousands of us out here. That's a lot of market share to ignore. I've had the card for over a year and have yet to see even the slightest benefit from it. No free showers, no free food, no free snacks, no points, nothing.

Call the ultra-one customer service number asking why you're not getting your showers, I have been getting free showers since I called them and they set me up on the right card program.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chefjesse, I'll bet your driving something with a diesel where you can swipe your card. With gas you need to take your reciept inside, stand in line and maybe they'll be able to give you your points and credits. Some won't or don't know how to manually do the points thing.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Decided to give the TA in Kingsville OH a chance tonight. Same problem at the pump, no way to swipe your rewards card. But, I'm eating at the Country Pride restaurant inside. As always, the food is really good (I love their cheesy potato soup) and the menu has plenty of options. It's nice that they offer a free second helping too. Also really like the Petro buffets. If they could fix their card system it would be an easy choice to switch my loyalty to TA/Petro.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Update to a diesel van. Problem solved.

My wife eats soup almost daily.
The bad soup from TA/Petro over the last three years can be counted on one hand.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Update to a diesel van. Problem solved.

My wife eats soup almost daily.
The bad soup from TA/Petro over the last three years can be counted on one hand.

I hope he realizes I'm kidding about the diesel upgrade.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think with today's new Diesel engines and their problems and expenses, I'll stick to my gas van and Pilot/Flying J for now.

When I get my new long, tall Ford, it will also be gas powered.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I kind of hate to resurrect trouble-- this type of thread needs to die quickly-- but, for what it's worth I finally decided to get a Pilot/Flying J card. Because I drive a gasoline powered van, I get the "Preferred Customer" card which turns out to be just about as basic as it gets. Pretty much the same benefits I have with the Speedway card, you get gimcracks and novelties for the most part. No shower or anything like that but-- a shower can be bought when you need one, and the fact remains that you don't have to jump through hoops to use the card so maybe I'll give it a decent shake-down before saying one way or the other about it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I kind of hate to resurrect trouble-- this type of thread needs to die quickly-- but, for what it's worth I finally decided to get a Pilot/Flying J card. Because I drive a gasoline powered van, I get the "Preferred Customer" card which turns out to be just about as basic as it gets. Pretty much the same benefits I have with the Speedway card, you get gimcracks and novelties for the most part. No shower or anything like that but-- a shower can be bought when you need one, and the fact remains that you don't have to jump through hoops to use the card so maybe I'll give it a decent shake-down before saying one way or the other about it.

and a couple cents off your gas with that card...I have the RV card as well as the professional card

denny2010

Expert Expediter
One question. maybe just me, how can it be a inconvenience to just walk over to get fuel receipt? I would hate to think that you relay on a online statement. What if something was to happen and you could not retrieve it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One question. maybe just me, how can it be a inconvenience to just walk over to get fuel receipt? I would hate to think that you relay on a online statement. What if something was to happen and you could not retrieve it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

Just as inconvenient as your co driver to get out and spot for you...so you go out a buy a back up camera.....LOL

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Certain types of freight require one driver to be in attendance of the vehicle at all times. It eliminates having to wake up the co driver so that the fueling driver can walk inside.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Certain types of freight require one driver to be in attendance of the vehicle at all times. It eliminates having to wake up the co driver so that the fueling driver can walk inside.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums

are you really "in attendance" while sleeping?....

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have the Professional Driver card and you get a free shower after two 15 gallon fills. I also have the RV card for 2 cents off per gallon. I use Pro Card twice, then use RV card for the next few fills. Works well, free showers and gas discount.

And they both work at the pump. No need to stand in line inside. Showers are used from a free standing kiosk.

Last edited:

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Well it's that time of year to get all those receipts together...so I thought I'd just go to TA's web site and check out my account and get my total fuel purchases...easy enough..but I decided to match their transactions count with my receipt count....error!...I have more receipts than what's being shown, so I print out the entire year and start matching my receipts to the print out.

Two receipts for fuel at the TA in Laredo weren't shown on the list along with one from Clayton, In....Hey! this is over $ 700 that's missing....anyway I continue the matching game and found a duplicate entry on the list....same date, same amount, same everything.

So I'll keep getting my butt out of the truck and (exercise) walk to the fuel counter to get my receipts....It's not always how much money you make!...it's how much you can keep!

Hope this is of some help.

Last edited: