Get that Fuel Ticket - TA/Petro

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speedway was just a comparison to show that other companies value our business more then TA/Petro. Their giving something to everyone just for being their customer. Not trying to compare programs value to a truck card. The points add up a lot quicker at Speedway too. Ok, based on what you said I'll assume that TA/Petro doesn't care about us vans. End of story, based on what you stated, I'll never set foot in one again. If you say they don't want my business that's fine. I won't go there anymore. Sometimes you guys can really be jerks!

As far as comparing the point value, in 18 months carrying the TA/Petro card I have gotten NOTHING! My Speedway card has gotten me $100+ dollars in free food and my J/Pilot card has gotten me free showers, free food and fuel discounts! Fact is they don't care about vans, the TA/Petro card is still the worst card in my wallet. Have a Great New Year!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Speedway was just a comparison to show that other companies value our business more then TA/Petro. Their giving something to everyone just for being their customer. Not trying to compare programs value to a truck card. The points add up a lot quicker at Speedway too. Ok, based on what you said I'll assume that TA/Petro doesn't care about us vans. End of story, based on what you stated, I'll never set foot in one again. If you say they don't want my business that's fine. I won't go there anymore. Sometimes you guys can really be jerks!

As far as comparing the point value, in 18 months carrying the TA/Petro card I have gotten NOTHING! My Speedway card has gotten me $100+ dollars in free food and my J/Pilot card has gotten me free showers, free food and fuel discounts! Fact is they don't care about vans, the TA/Petro card is still the worst card in my wallet. Have a Great New Year!

Do you go in to have points loaded bill?

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
In this day of technology and APPS and such ALL OF THE FUEL COMPANIES should offer this service, a fuel ticket is sent to your email, or to your phone etc, or in an online spot on there website, this would be a timesaver and a records saver, Who hasnt lost a fuel ticket or ??? I do like the Kiosks but why not have the same ticket available at the pump. There seems to be a lack of Understanding of the Technology available today, yes I know there are dinosoars out there who dont email or have a computer but for them they can still walk inside go to the fuel desk and wait for the ticket, Me Id love to be able to Pump my fuel add a small code to my Info as Im preparing to pump and when Im done it appears on my Phone, email box and maybe even to the HQ...

As far as Points I use Pilot and Loves, Ive never been a T/A user not for any reason bad just I prefer the points and showers and Perks I get on there cards....BUT this is another area these companies are losing out because with a small amount of effort they could be competing and offering valuable perks not ridiculous things to those that MAKE THE CHOICE to take this exit and use this company. Free Candy, Soda and Junk Food is NOT a valuable PERK.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The perks are the same at all of them don. Points get whatever you want with them. Actually ta showers are on card for 10 days while pilot is 7.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do you go in to have points loaded bill?
At Speedway? No, you don't. You scan your card at the pump and it's automatic. In fact, you don't even need the card with their new Alternate ID option, where you punch in an ID code instead of swiping the card.

You can rack up points very quickly at Speedway. Buy 6 coffees, fountain drinks, get a 7th free. Buy 6 goof court items, get 1000 bonus points. 900 points gets you a roller dog, any size fountain drink or coffee. You earn 10 points for every gallon of fuel, and 20 points for every dollar spent inside the store, plus they have stuff marked in the store where you get anywhere from 100-1000 bonus points on top of that. It's mostly junk food, but a couple hundred bonus points for a Kit Kat is still free bonus points. They also have a Speedy Rewards Mall which is essentially a portal to just a snotload of online shopping, including Walmart, Lowes, Lands End, Bloomingdales. You use the portal to go to the store you want to shop at, and then everything you order earns Speedy Rewards.

At for the TA and points expiring, if there is no activity on the card for 6 months the points go poof.

When I was with Panther I used the TA a lot. Getting diesel in a Sprinter and paying with Comdata got me those huge fuel discounts, free showers that I could book with the app, and it was real easy, smooth. So it can be very easy and smooth in a van. With a gasser, however, not so much. No way I'd jump through all the hoops required to earn points in a gasser at the TA. Sorry.

Since I've been at Load 1, I haven't gotten fuel once at the TA. I lost mt points at the TA, but there wasn't may of them left. I have had no activity on the TA card for about 15 months. Not only did I lose my points, but as of at least yesterday my card number no longer works to log me in to the UltraOne Website. And isn't that just a blatant in-your-face way of telling me that I'm of no potential importance to them whatsoever should I decide to start using them again as a fueling spot. Apparently they no longer want my convenience store and restaurant business, either.

So, I use PilotFlyingJ most of the time, especially to rack up showers, since at Load 1 a single 15-gallon purchase gets you a full shower, and I use Speedway when I'm not needing showers on the card.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speedway points are added by inserting a rewards card at the pump. No need to go inside.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it safe to say, based on Paullud's response, that van business isn't welcome at TA/Petro?

So, how about it? We've got a couple of TA/Petro cheerleaders here, can they dig up an official response to that?

There are gas stations all over the place that sell gasoline, most sell donuts and coffee at least on the side, and many of these places sell supplies like oil, brake fluid and so on.

As far as food-- I drive a van, I can pull into any family-style restaurant and get a reasonably priced meal so that's little problem. A shower? Maybe I'll stop at a Motel 6 or something, there I can get a shower, a bed, a TV to watch and most have wifi so I can use my laptop, too.

Of all the choices I have, only TA/Petro-- or rather, some of its supporters since I never got their card-- seem to think gas vans are leprous mendicants to be waited on only under duress. If that's really the thinking, then taking my business somewhere else isn't a problem. There's other choices and to spare. I wouldn't even waste time commenting on it except for these threads that ask for my business but then make it plain that I, as a van driver, am not terribly welcome.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Team Caffee, look what you started. If your going to be a cheer leader and supporter of this TA/Petro rewards card, maybe you should show their management this thread. Some people say that we are not wanted with our vans. No problem, just would like to hear from management if their going to fix their issues or if they truly just want us to go away?

If I buy all my fuel there, why can't I get a shower and a couple of hot dogs like at Pilot/J ? Why, because their card doesn't work at the freaking gas pump!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dunno....seems quite a few TA's/Petro's don't really operate a GAS bar....they seem separate from the TS...as if they are franchised out?..... I just have a feeling something is hoinkey with the gas portion...

And again Bill...I'll remind you TCaffee is speaking from a big truck perspective....where for the most part everything is cool....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In defense of team c I do not see them putting down other reward cards. They simply posted about an added perk for a card that works well for them. That sounds like a great service for those who use tax petro and was well worth pointing out to the eo community, in my mind that's what this site is about and as time goes on it is becoming more scarce.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Yep, just what the X-man said.
The Caffee's point out a great benefit that some happy TA customers may have missed and people get pizzed at them .

Not to belittle vanners,I would never do that, but doesn't most of the name calling and craziness come from the CV group ?

Then you have some very bright vanners that stand out. They're usually in Sprinters, Cargo-Maxxes and the like. Big Boy Vans.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What discount on pm? I just got oil change at Seattle east t/a and **** thing was $290. We requested the $234 service.

Check your card, you get a certain amount off on your next PM and it keeps building up. I had over $100 taken off of one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess. What's at least 5,000 or more customers...,what's a few million dollars more....

Still small potatoes compared to focusing on ST or TT. I appreciate the way TA/Petro have been focused on trucks rather than being a gas station like Pilot, Loves has been making some good improvements but with a lack of laundry facilities they still fall short of being a truckstop.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Is it safe to say, based on Paullud's response, that van business isn't welcome at TA/Petro?

I am simply questioning the complaints that are being repeated again for no reason. The question is simple and relevant to the complaints of the TA/Petro not catering to their wants. When you run the numbers you can quickly see why there is no reason to worry about a few vans. 75,000miles/18mpg=4167 gallons * 3.30 a gallon is $13,751 The total revenue would be under $16k if you throw in $2k for food/drink but that is only if they did 100% of their fill ups there. A TT at 110,000 miles/ 6mpg= 18333gallons * 3.92 a gallon is $71865 then throw in $2k for food/drink, plus another $3k for PM's, plus another $5k for other repairs and that is over over $81k.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Looking at this thread and thinking about the people that regularly join in you would think that there are more Vanners on EO than any one else. ;) Something to think about.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am simply questioning the complaints that are being repeated again for no reason. The question is simple and relevant to the complaints of the TA/Petro not catering to their wants. When you run the numbers you can quickly see why there is no reason to worry about a few vans. 75,000miles/18mpg=4167 gallons * 3.30 a gallon is $13,751 The total revenue would be under $16k if you throw in $2k for food/drink but that is only if they did 100% of their fill ups there. A TT at 110,000 miles/ 6mpg= 18333gallons * 3.92 a gallon is $71865 then throw in $2k for food/drink, plus another $3k for PM's, plus another $5k for other repairs and that is over over $81k.

I see your point..but see ours...TA/Petro CLAIMS to have a viable rewards program.....right from the get-go we told them in MANY threads that it was not working, especially for gassers....BUT they keep coming at us with a NEW and Improved version that falls short of any usefulness....MANY posts and threads on this...AND then apparently they can't read and comprehend at the same time....They want a conference call on our opinions....well Tada....here we are at this point 2 years later and STILL no closer to a viable program....My advice to TA...drop any van program and work to smooth out any wrinkles in the big truck program.....and get on with business....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

My point is they pretend to be going after the expedite market. They do not they go after the big truck market. No problem with that I am more than happy at their competitors. The main thing is stop the bull in their promotions.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then they should call themselves Truck Stops, not Travel Centers. And why have gas at all? You seem to think that all the money is in diesel fuel. Amazing how many places sell only gas and do quite well! I guess as a useless to them van driver, I'll be better off just doing as I've been doing and stay away from the van haters at TA/Petro!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My point is they pretend to be going after the expedite market. They do not they go after the big truck market. No problem with that I am more than happy at their competitors. The main thing is stop the bull in their promotions.

Tada......right on....:)

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I wonder if that's their official position. Strange way of doing business, but I suppose that's up to them. "Oh, that customer is too small, let him take his money somewhere else."

OK, it's made so.