Get that Fuel Ticket - TA/Petro

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There are times for us when it is not convenient for us to go inside a truck stop to get our fuel tickets after fueling.

The TA/Petro has an online service where I can print out our fuel tickets and also at the end of the month print out an reconciliation sheet.

Each month I print out the reconciliation sheet which takes care of not printing out the fuel receipts. If I need more detail for my records I can click on each transaction and get in-depth details. These records are stored for the year on line.

Awesome site worth checking in on the UltraONE Rewards Card page:

UltraOne Rewards Card for TravelCenters of America and Petro Truck Stops

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I gotta give you guys credit. The beating TA/Petro keep taking on here, you guys just keep on pushing for them.

You would have an easier job promoting them if they would just fix their crappy rewards card.

Reactions: snur kurdi

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I gotta give you guys credit. The beating TA/Petro keep taking on here, you guys just keep on pushing for them.

You would have an easier job promoting them if they would just fix their crappy rewards card.

Easy Bill.....The Big truck program runs pretty smooth.....and has a lot of benefits.

it is the van program that sux.....

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes Ken, but I'm in a gas van. Don't they understand that people like me spend anywhere from $500 - $1,000 on Gasoline each week! There are hundreds, maybe thousands of us out here. That's a lot of market share to ignore. I've had the card for over a year and have yet to see even the slightest benefit from it. No free showers, no free food, no free snacks, no points, nothing.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Easy Bill.....The Big truck program runs pretty smooth.....and has a lot of benefits.

it is the van program that sux.....

Wrong answer but thanks for playing. I am in A class 8 D unit and I think they suck. Makes me wonder if team caffee is getting something extra for posting the bull.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Great Post! I am going to save the information and look into it. For the most part we are happy with TA/Petro, they are good. With a little more effort, they could be great. They are moving the the right direction.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wrong answer but thanks for playing. I am in A class 8 D unit and I think they suck. Makes me wonder if team caffee is getting something extra for posting the bull.

I THOUGHT....operative word there is "thought"...they had a smoother big truck program....????

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Frankly, I've about written off TA/Petro as bad business. However, this thread did serve to remind me that it is time to print out my I-Pass reports for 2012, so it does serve that purpose.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If everyone who had a legit example of bad service, cruddy reward offers, and took the time to write,email the businesses (CEO) and express their concerns, and add to their email that they are but a small part of the greater picture, and are in contact daily with hundreds of other drivers in the same position, that maybe, just maybe the business in question would see it from the other persons perspective, and attempt to, or change their program. It at least brings it to the business's attention that their program is loosing out on some major business, and perhaps things could be better all the way around if they cultivated some more customers.
You just never know. At least you'd be complaining to someone who might give a heck

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If everyone who had a legit example of bad service, cruddy reward offers, and took the time to write,email the businesses (CEO) and express their concerns, and add to their email that they are but a small part of the greater picture, and are in contact daily with hundreds of other drivers in the same position, that maybe, just maybe the business in question would see it from the other persons perspective, and attempt to, or change their program. It at least brings it to the business's attention that their program is loosing out on some major business, and perhaps things could be better all the way around if they cultivated some more customers.
You just never know. At least you'd be complaining to someone who might give a heck
Or....they could just do business elsewhere...which is working out well for me.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep hoping that the management reads these posts or at least they get forwarded to them. I had a nice talk with them about their problems with vans at the expo. But, nothing has changed. I'll keep fueling where my card is worth something.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have all of the rewards cards and have had them for years. The TA/Petro for works the best for us and having the CEO and the head of marketing go out of their way to have driver calls and get feedback it more then any of the other companies are doing that I know of.

They do listen and they do fix what they can or what they can and still make a profit TA/Petro is not a charitable organization.

What I posted though was a reminder to those that use the service and have the Ultra One card of the reconciliation sheet and that we can get them online. This will save waking a co-driver at certain times.

As far as I know the TA/Petro is the only company offering this online service.

Another service that I use often is the App where I can book our shower from the truck. No longer do we run around the building looking lost while trying to find the kiosk. Works great!

Next time they have a conference call a united voice would sure go a long ways...

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Yes Ken, but I'm in a gas van. Don't they understand that people like me spend anywhere from $500 - $1,000 on Gasoline each week! There are hundreds, maybe thousands of us out here. That's a lot of market share to ignore. I've had the card for over a year and have yet to see even the slightest benefit from it. No free showers, no free food, no free snacks, no points, nothing.

I have to agree! I've had mine for over a year and have seen doodely-squat benefits from it. I have, however, gotten several free showers from the Pilot Rewards Program.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
I have to agree! I've had mine for over a year and have seen doodely-squat benefits from it. I have, however, gotten several free showers from the Pilot Rewards Program.

And while I'm at it, how do you like it when you go into a major Truck Stop (they ALL seem to be alike) and there is almost ALWAYS a long line. There is usually ONE clerk there and most of the time they are clueless about a ny other services except ringing up coffee. If you need a fax, or a copy, or a Western Union money transfer, they ALWAYS holler at someone else to show them how to do it. You can imagine what that does to the poor sap behind you who has waited 15 minutes to pay for his coffee which is now cold. Now you have to hold up the line to wait until the blind leads the blind and tries to get done what you need done. The top brass at these major stops seem to always want to "improve their service and waiting times, but nothing ever seems to get better. Anyone agree?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
We've always used FJ and or Pilot. One thing to be careful of when swiping a card at the fuel pumps is the information on your purchase does not get stored on the main computer. Another words you get one copy at the pumps and that's it. If you have to come back for another copy the information is not stored. Go inside and get your copy, when they bring it up on their register the information is stored.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I for one hate having to get 50 gallons of fuel over a couple of fuel up to get a shower, but I do get fuel discounts from 10 to 50 cents a gallon most of the time. I only get 4 cents at pilot/FlyingJ. 80 cents on 20 gallons their and most of the time between 4 and 8 dollars at T/A Petro.

I know it isn't much but it does add up over the year.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I don't like is the dishonesty. They claim to have an expedite card when they really have a big truck card. It is probably fine for straights and tractors but truly sucks for vans.
More important to me than a discount is my time. TA/Petro has done nothing but waste my time with their card.

I am not really impressed by their attempt to get people on a call at their convenience. If they had taken time to pm people who had complaints might have impressed me.

They just need to be honest about their goals. If vans aren't in the picture I have no problem with that but don't try to act like it is. Makes me think they hire ex recruiters for the pr department.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I don't like is the dishonesty. They claim to have an expedite card when they really have a big truck card. It is probably fine for straights and tractors but truly sucks for vans.
More important to me than a discount is my time. TA/Petro has done nothing but waste my time with their card.

I am not really impressed by their attempt to get people on a call at their convenience. If they had taken time to pm people who had complaints might have impressed me.

They just need to be honest about their goals. If vans aren't in the picture I have no problem with that but don't try to act like it is. Makes me think they hire ex recruiters for the pr department.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

That is my exact thoughts! If they don't want CV's just say so..,Iam ok with that, don't make a silly program that is a waste of everyone's time.