Get that Fuel Ticket - TA/Petro

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the Ultra one program is great. Could they do better? Everyone could do better.. We are come platinum and enjoy all the benefits that come with that... I particularly like the smart phone app. Book a shower before I even get out of the truck, check locations for prices and amenities.. NICE.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you spend $1000 a week in gas that would be a free shower every other day. Minimum.
I had dinner with a friend that had $500 worth of points and didn't know what they were for.
I'll take Linda's suggestion to print the recap monthly and skip taking the individual tickets.
Anything to reduce paperwork.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea, I spend that much for gas some weeks. But I get NOTHING for it from the Petro/TA folks. I can get a shower every day from J/Pilot, just buy 15 gallons of fuel twice and get a shower credit.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I think TA gives you a shower every 50 gallons.
If you're with a larger carrier you'll probably get more than the cost of a shower in discounts,too.
So for us large carrier folks, its a win-win.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Let's see. At T/A-Petro we received over $1200 in fuel discounts and over $150 in points this year. Never had to pay for a clean shower. Repair shop on premises. Full service restaurants. Exercise rooms, nice TV lounges and ample parking.
At Pilot-Flying J we get Denny's, McDonalds, Arby's. Sometimes a clean shower. A whopping 5 cents a gallon fuel discount. We do get a free coffee every time we buy 5.
Ever notice that most Pilots fuel aisles are set up so that when you pullout of them you are heading back onto the road instead of into the parking area?
We'll stick with T/A-Petro as our first choice.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They should give the fuel discount based on your history. If I don't use J/Pilot, I use Speedway because I get points for gift cards. Just give me something/anything to show that you want my fuel business! TA/Petro wants to give gas vans nothing, regardless of how much you purchase. Simple idea, show me that you want my business!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Coffee. If I want coffee only, Pilot will get my business. That or a trip-pak are my only reasons for a Pilot.
If Linda will give me her scanner for a belated Christmas gift, I could cut my trips to Pilot in half.
How bout it, Linda ?

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't redeemed my Speedway points yet, I'll have to see what I can get.

As of this afternoon when I filled up, I have nearly 19,000 points, so it must be good for something.

Note that those points have built up over quite some time (as in "a few years") and to my knowledge haven't strangely disappeared the way TA/Petro points are rumored to do. I get the points added right at the pump, no fuss. If I buy coffee and something to eat, I get points added at the counter-- no fuss. On the other hand, all I'm reading about TA is how hard they make it to use the card, then the points disappear for no apparent reason, and in general the card seems to be a way for TA to tell us to take our business elsewhere. So, I reckon I will.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
25,000 Speedway points gets you a $25 gift card good at your choice of dozens of restaurants, stores or at Speedway. I usually get the Applebee's or the Outback Steak House $25 gift card. Hey, Free Food!! Gotta take it.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think it's Pilot that has the disappearing points. I have never had any points disappear at T/A or Petro.
I forgot about the restaurant points we get. Eat at T/A or Petro and earn $$$ for use in the restaurants.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The Christmas bonus points disappear. The normal points probably don't disappear( or my friend would not have had $500 worth of points on her card.)
I'm thinking 25,000 TA/Petro points will buy you $250 worth of stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As far as redeeming TA's coupons. I'll sometimes print out a $10 coupon for a $12 meal. Or now that I'm teaming a $20 coupon to use against two meals.
Probably not going to buy a few hundred dollars worth of stuff in the store.
Not because it's a TA. I wouldn't be spending much in any truckstop.
Exception, one of the Iowa 80's Petro's or TA's.

kevs69

Active Expediter
hi d8000 my name is Shawn and am a women looking to get into the expediting business and i was wondering if you could give me real advice about it from one women to another.Thank you and have a happy New Year

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Shawn,pm me and I'll have my wife answer. She started expediting after teaching school for 27 years. She love's it.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
The Christmas bonus points disappear. The normal points probably don't disappear( or my friend would not have had $500 worth of points on her card.)
I'm thinking 25,000 TA/Petro points will buy you $250 worth of stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As far as redeeming TA's coupons. I'll sometimes print out a $10 coupon for a $12 meal. Or now that I'm teaming a $20 coupon to use against two meals.
Probably not going to buy a few hundred dollars worth of stuff in the store.
Not because it's a TA. I wouldn't be spending much in any truckstop.
Exception, one of the Iowa 80's Petro's or TA's.

Correct. 25,000 is $250

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I get it now.
25,000 pts gets you a $25 gift card on a good program, but only $250 on a crappy program.
I'll never take a math course at the EO University.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
And I'm sure speedway doesn't have showers (or maybe they do just never seen them). Also use card in restaurant and you earn perks there too. You guys are right, crappy program.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Don't forget the discount program for your PM's. The real question should be why do van drivers think the TA/Petro should even care about them. You guys have to remember you are a speck of sand among boulders when it comes to revenue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Don't forget the discount program for your PM's. The real question should be why do van drivers think the TA/Petro should even care about them. You guys have to remember you are a speck of sand among boulders when it comes to revenue.

What discount on pm? I just got oil change at Seattle east t/a and **** thing was $290. We requested the $234 service.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Well I guess. What's at least 5,000 or more customers...,what's a few million dollars more....