Gay discrimination

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
The only probem I have about the whole issue is the Forced Tolerence. You can't force anyone to accept people, that goes againest Human Nature.

With this said, in a civilized sociaty people should display good Manners and be considerate to other peoples beliefs.

I have no problem with Gay people, but please respect my Straitness and show me the same courtesy that I have shown you.

A person's rights end when they violate someone elses.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So Grampa basically does what daughter did but he's right and she's wrong. Yeah, that makes total sense.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well really the only thing unnatural are combustible engines as opposed to combustion engines.

I couldn't wait for Ragman. Maybe he can find a picture of irony/bigotry.

Irony_zps133ac44c.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So Grampa basically does what daughter did but he's right and she's wrong. Yeah, that makes total sense.

"Basically" makes no sense: what Grandpa did was good parenting, teaching that choices have consequences.
What his daughter did was bad parenting, teaching that a kid who embarrasses his parent through no fault of his own is persona non grata. Punishing [banishing!] and shaming her son for what he has no control over is as self centered as it gets, and self centered parents are bad parents.
If you don't see the difference, it's because you simply refuse to accept the truth: homosexuality is not a choice one makes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. When a person is bisexual they are making a choice.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. When a person is bisexual they are making a choice.
Since one could posit that being attracted to both sexes is not a choice, I'm not understanding what choice it is you are referring to.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right or wrong my conclusion stems from people I have known. Those that claimed to be bi it seemed more anout the sex than love. Maybe it had more to do with an age thing because those people were mainly people I knew at a younger age.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to comment on family disassociation. At Funerals many with unresolved issues, cry the loudest.

My Dad and I didn't get along after my teen years, it appeared that no matter what I did wasn't good enough. I was lucky being able to make peace before he passed.

Five years ago Dad got Alhimers and had to be committed due to him wanting to sell his idea to the Afgans of becoming the Spa place of the world. Being the only son with seven sisters, he knew there was no way the my sisters would listen to my argument against him being committed. Truthfully the whole family agreed with it, since it is dangerous for a confused old man to go overseas by himself.

Anyway, he refused to see the family and I was the only one who could visit him. Isn't that a switch of fate? Luckily, when his roomate at the hospital died, he thought it was Mom and he wanted to see his family.

Though Alshiemers is an evil illness, in a weird way it had a good outcome, special times with Dad.

My point is,

Is it worth the guilt and regret of alienating a loved one due to the disagreement if they were to die suddenly?

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Right or wrong my conclusion stems from people I have known. Those that claimed to be bi it seemed more anout the sex than love. Maybe it had more to do with an age thing because those people were mainly people I knew at a younger age.
That would seem to lend more validity to the idea that a choice was not involved.

I'm still not understanding what "choice" it is you are referring to.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If it's more about the sex than the love, that pretty much describes most men in general, gay and straight. :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If it's more about the sex than the love, that pretty much describes most men in general, gay and straight. :D

It sure describes a lot of guys I've dated, and if they were bisexual they didn't mention it, lol.
There are those people in every group, though, hetero, homo, and bi, who are only interested in sex. Most change as they mature, and realize that superficial sex is not worth the negative consequences, much less the risk of dying from AIDS.
Still, it doesn't indicate that one's attraction to both sexes is a choice, it just means that people who identify as bisexual can enjoy either sex, unlike hetero and homosexuals.