Ford Transit adds 1100 jobs

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But they won't be starting for 9 more years.

Sent from my HTC One V using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The increased demand for the F-150 is probably why Ford is delaying the debut of the Transit.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you imagine the logistics of the vending of all the parts from around the world and making it a GO... ?

guido4475

Not a Member
The 5-cylinder diesel engines themselves are made in South Africa, or someplace around there, I've read...They've been used in the Ford Ranger now for a year or so in other countries.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered to the plant making the front and rear suspension system....for Transit.... BIG problems.. Line WAS scheduled for start up March 2014 NOW postponed indefinitely one problem no parts , takes 67 days to get components from Turkey. Think Sprinter problem at the beginning for parts the Dodge version just might be out before the Ford at this rate!

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered to the plant making the front and rear suspension system....for Transit.... BIG problems.. Line WAS scheduled for start up March 2014 NOW postponed indefinitely one problem no parts , takes 67 days to get components from Turkey. Think Sprinter problem at the beginning for parts the Dodge version just might be out before the Ford at this rate!

The Dodge is scheduled for this September:thumbup:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Thats okay. There's a customer in Turkey cussing. Unit down, waiting on parts from Indianapolis. :cool:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Parts availability was my concern with the dodge. Ford should ashamed of themselves.

At least the genuine Ford Transit repair parts won't cost 5 times what they should, the repair parts will be available everywhere AND the dealer won't be charging twice as much as they should for labor. :)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At least the genuine Ford Transit repair parts won't cost 5 times what they should, the repair parts will be available everywhere AND the dealer won't be charging twice as much as they should for labor. :)

If they can t start production because of lack of parts where is the replacememt parts coming from .... ? pipe dreams........Heard rumor your New ride will be in Load 1 booth at Expo. ......?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

speculation.....that is yet to be seen...so far this van and the introduction has been on a down note....

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
If they can t start production because of lack of parts where is the replacememt parts coming from .... ? pipe dreams........Heard rumor your New ride will be in Load 1 booth at Expo. ......?

That's up to John. If he wants it at the Expo, or anywhere else, I've told him I'll gladly have it there. :)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
If they can t start production because of lack of parts where is the replacememt parts coming from .... ? pipe dreams...../QUOTE]

Now you're just being argumentative
... obviously whenever they have all the parts to be delivering new Transits, they will have replacement parts available by nature. You remind me of my ex-wife!!!