Ford Transit adds 1100 jobs

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If they can t start production because of lack of parts where is the replacememt parts coming from .... ? pipe dreams...../QUOTE]

Now you're just being argumentative
... obviously whenever they have all the parts to be delivering new Transits, they will have replacement parts available by nature. You remind me of my ex-wife!!!

Wasn t trying to argue ....I wasn t sticking up for sprinters either. ....just was saying there will be delays and problems with the transits .....they won t be all perfect coming off the line......

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now you're just being argumentative
... obviously whenever they have all the parts to be delivering new Transits, they will have replacement parts available by nature. You remind me of my ex-wife!!!

That is just an assumption....that if someone has an accident within the first year or less could find out the hard way....

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
i don't get it.....:confused:

American humor! Its not metric!

Seriously, you are just being argumentative as well. In ALL HONESTY, what manufacturer, including your idol, could guarantee fast parts availability on every single part, in the first year of manufacture???? Do you have any proof whatsoever that any manufacturer would perform much better than others???? Your idol will do no better, and will charge 5X as much to boot! On the other hand, if Ford charged 5X as much as they should for repair parts, they COULD afford to fly parts from Stuttgart, or Turkey, or Timbuktu for that matter. Its just (American) math instead of German ciphering....

Just like my ex-wife. :confused:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep , better than sliced bread ...lol

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
When that new vehicle is sitting in the driveway due to lack of parts and they tell you "hey, it's always like this with a new product..everybody has issues like this". Your going to be ok with that? Your bank account won't suffer?

If they had announced a production date and met it...that would give me faith that they had their ducks in a row on this project. What they have done though is completely made a mess of everything related to getting this product on the lot. That tells me that the chances of them getting the parts availability right is also slim to NONE.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Winner , Winner ......Chicken Dinner. .....lol

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Maybe this is why GM is waiting so frikkin' long to come out with a long tall cargo van; they're waiting for everyone else to be frustrated with the new Ford and Dodge production problems...

Actually, I don't have a clue. But would not hesitate to go for a GM long and tall, if they ever come out with one. Even brand new with potential parts problems. They've always seemed like more rock solid products, to me.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
GM will get the idea finally when they see all the new Ford and Dodge vans hauling all their freight between plants. LOL. I do wish I had the choice between GM and Ford, but its not looking like GM even has any rumors of a new van. Besides, what engine would GM use? They have nothing that competes with the Ford for power and milage!

guido4475

Not a Member
GM already said they had no future plans of straying from their current product lineup for vans, according to a story in light and medium truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I think I'll just get a fibre/turtle top and extended doors. At least for now. It's more of a $4,500 vs. $45,000 issue for me. It's unreal what revenue CAN be generated with an extended Express. Not like Sprinter, per all miles, but about 1/3 of what I haul was posted and pays "Sprinter rates". I love the "acceptable minimum rate" for these "Sprinter loads". Soooo many brokers seem to post anything over 2-2.5K pounds as a Sprinter. Of course, with my hinged bunk and trimmed front mat and removed bulkhead I'm good for 144x52x49 @ 3189#+. Curb weight 5,950 with my junk in it. And if its 39" wide, or less, I can go about 160" long. But that does make for a tight ride to Tucson!!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
GM already said they had no future plans of straying from their current product lineup for vans, according to a story in light and medium truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

All that means is there's will probably be here first.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not so sure the "newer" Duramax are nearly as good as the older ones. Had a friend that had a 2011 Duramax and within a year traded it in for a gasser. He didn't like his Duramax. And my local Chevrolet dealer recommended not purchasing the new Duramax.