FedEx Custom Critical ???? Are they what they say they are??

Status
Not open for further replies.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
LOL....phil your are a good writer too and I thank you for your time on this matter.....even if we agree or don't on some things.

BTW Mr. Terry the Fedex safety guy saw us a few months ago at truckstop...We talked and he checked us out.....In fact he checked us out real good....and took some notes...I asked what was he writing and he said notes that our unit had dogs....and that we cannot to white glove loads.....I believe he drove a b unit for years.....team......Hmmmmmmmm no mention to any above posts...........

Yes we signed up as team.....and sometimes we ran single....nothing changed

Yes turtle I believe 98% are wrong...blinded by so called industry standards.....I have not read that book yet.......LOL

SO if I say yes to load and when I get to dock it's a box of bees.....do I have to take it? is it safe? It may be safe for you but someone else my be allergic and would not be safe......That's a condition out of the drivers hand......so he or she can't say no? come one I could go on all day long with examples......

Yes we hardly ever had 1000 pounds on B unit.....I would say around 600-800 average........I like how some want to say what I've hauled...LOL

even though Phil may not agree with me he has shown in my eyes that what some of you post is non sense. He explained things very well.....LOL well most of them.....Phil showed that I do know what I'm talking about but feels that I'm missing something.....point taking......I'm not a genius or good writer but have 123 IQ....which is certainly better and way above average.....and I feel I can step out of myself and try to look at something from another point of view.....and i'll keep trying....LOL.....but how is it a choice to take a load and load can be anything.....check other posts.....we don't have customers...they are Fedex customers....says right in lease....Fedex has to get right info from customer......that's not my problem....it's out of my control.....not my job.....

I've said sorry a few times for insulting some of you....but I've haven't heard one say sorry for insulting me? And some are more settle then others.......Shows me what I'm working with here............nothing personal please don't go postal....LOL

This is for real.........there is other stuff too, that goes on, but not safety related......

as far as buying van....I bought van for local work....I found plenty of routes but due to my time needed off to travel and spend time with my son I found that otr was a better option. The fixed routes required no time off.....you can find them in most citys.......and I'll say what they are...cause I don't keep secrets.....I try and help if I can.....drug routes pay good.....load around 5am and do 20-30 stops....must be a clean and safe person do to job.......1250-1500 a week and or more.......also I've made 275-350 per day for filling in for office depot and or companys like that.......that was sometimes for about half day cause I kept moving and worked hard.....just food for thought.....box trucks do good too

Ahhh yes 123, but, can you tie your shoestrings so they hold?? Not safe if you can't.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
BTW Mr. Terry the Fedex safety guy saw us a few months ago at truckstop...We talked and he checked us out.....In fact he checked us out real good....and took some notes...I asked what was he writing and he said notes that our unit had dogs....and that we cannot to white glove loads.....I believe he drove a b unit for years.....team......Hmmmmmmmm no mention to any above posts...........

If the above is true then it's only a half truth because there WOULD be SOME wg loads you could do if needed. We have dogs on board and are offered these loads, obviously you cannot BE wg with the pets but the above statement again, if it's actually what was said, is not true.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
If the above is true then it's only a half truth because there WOULD be SOME wg loads you could do if needed. We have dogs on board and are offered these loads, obviously you cannot BE wg with the pets but the above statement again, if it's actually what was said, is not true.

Hey Diva, prolly jes a scare tactic to get rid of the dawgs. Funny thing is, those corporate policys kinda go out the window.............IF NEEDED, don't they?????

pookie8me

Not a Member
cheri....sorry I didn't get back to you.....I believe the load was confirmed........when load was offered it said confirmed....1 piece........after accepted..... clink message said load was.....48x48x48.....I always say I will double check for you and I will.........most of the time we never get size of load.......but this had size.....if the size was something too big we could of acted in a different manner........what's the point of confirming a load if it's different when you show up.....can you guys explain that????? LOL

nightreacher......you logic is a little off......but you think I'm off....LOL...staying in service does not mean I have to take a load....if only says that I want to keep getting load offers.....offers could be days away.....lot's of times we get loads for the next day....if we were OOS then would not even know that we were missing something for next day and then sit around and complain that we haven't gotten a load...right.....LOL.....if I am or we or you are tired....you might just take a small less then 75 run.....too tired for a long run but not for short run.......They key is not the word tired.....the key word is safe......what are you safe to do? well the answer is different for everyone and I would never question what you think is safe for you....why would you do it to me? oh and for that matter a business or company cannot tell you what is safe and not safe for your business.

pookie8me

Not a Member
diva...what do you mean by true? do you think I just make stuff up? LOL.......I have plenty to do then to waste my time making anything up........that is what I was told....and I have other driver who heard same thing...
yes rules only apply when not needed.....when needed rules go out the window...yes that is true too.

I'm a talker and I just want to say that for the 4-5 load1 drivers I met on the road...each one had smile on face and had great things to say.....even on this site I read all great things.....So I guess some company's do things right....good job load1

well if someone in business for over 20 years and works for company was wrong by saying no dogs for white glove then maybe they can be wrong on other things too.....hmmmmmmmm are you guys with me....are you starting feel me? LOL I'm a nice fun guy....but I do not but up with BS....I run safe and legal...as I would feel horrible to hurt someone innocent just for a few greenbacks.....no one has any right to tell me what is or isn't safe for me.....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pookie: you'll have to make it simple for me, ok? Because I don't get the reply in all the verbiage - did you tell dispatch before accepting the load that your acceptance was contingent upon it being one skid?
The rest is just details.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
This has been a very entertaining week-end, thanks to all that participated in this thread. I don't think I have seen "lol" written so many times in a thread during my 9 years on this site.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
diva...what do you mean by true? do you think I just make stuff up? LOL.......I have plenty to do then to waste my time making anything up........that is what I was told....and I have other driver who heard same thing...
yes rules only apply when not needed.....when needed rules go out the window...yes that is true too.

I'm a talker and I just want to say that for the 4-5 load1 drivers I met on the road...each one had smile on face and had great things to say.....even on this site I read all great things.....So I guess some company's do things right....good job load1

well if someone in business for over 20 years and works for company was wrong by saying no dogs for white glove then maybe they can be wrong on other things too.....hmmmmmmmm are you guys with me....are you starting feel me? LOL I'm a nice fun guy....but I do not but up with BS....I run safe and legal...as I would feel horrible to hurt someone innocent just for a few greenbacks.....no one has any right to tell me what is or isn't safe for me.....

This thread certainly is intertaining. But Pookie, wouldn't you be a bit more forthcomming if you changed all the words "safe' in your posts to "wanna" ???? Jes wonder'in????

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This has been a very entertaining week-end, thanks to all that participated in this thread. I don't think I have seen "lol" written so many times in a thread during my 9 years on this site.

LOL, yeah I know what you mean, LOL!! :p

FedEx does NOT say that it is impossible for a truck with a dog to run a White Glove load. What they DO say is that White Glove trucks should not have pets. WHY? Because MANY White Glove loads either restrict or prohibit pets on their sites. Since FedEx can never know for sure what truck will be where they say no pets. IF there is a White Glove load that comes up and IF that site allows pets, they will send that truck after the load.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

For your convenience, I've quoted myself below. Read again and pay close attention to the WORDS THAT I ORIGINALLY CAPITALIZED FOR YOU AND HAVE NOW CHANGED TO RED.

As far as my use of the word IF.....YES, I do question you and anyone else that I do not know personally and trust. ALL of us, when "excited", sometimes HEAR and SAY things that STRETCH the truth. (pay close attention to words in red)

Today 04:36 PM

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
LOL, yeah I know what you mean, LOL!! :p

FedEx does NOT say that it is impossible for a truck with a dog to run a White Glove load. What they DO say is that White Glove trucks should not have pets. WHY? Because MANY White Glove loads either restrict or prohibit pets on their sites. Since FedEx can never know for sure what truck will be where they say no pets. IF there is a White Glove load that comes up and IF that site allows pets, they will send that truck after the load.

Thank you for clarifying.....obviously my explanation fell short.

pookie8me

Not a Member
LOL I told you I was fun................but Diva would think I was not truthful....HA ha hahahaha

well why post anything at all if you think someone is not truthful? that's just an easy way to get out of anything....isn't it....oh I don't believe you.....well if some of you say you are being truthful in your posts then I have to believe that in your eyes you think your right and you may or may not have the ability to see or understand basic logic and contracts, lease's etc. But that's ok I know everyone has different limits and things they may be good at.....that doesn't mean you are untruthful...or not a nice person.....just different limits.............but in the end if your not open to listen then don't.....I don't care.....it's your life.....but I will find out through the proper channels, in due time what is right and what is wrong, for me to learn......

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
LOL I told you I was fun................but Diva would think I was not truthful....HA ha hahahaha

With around 35 posts in this thread and at least six of them containing personal insults to long standing members, honestly, I'm surprised you're still here.

You said more than once that you're a talker, this might just be the problem. I've always believed that God gave us ONE mouth and TWO ears so that we can listen twice as much as we talk.......maybe you should consider lurking for a while.
DD

Reactions: 1 person

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
cheri....sorry I didn't get back to you.....I believe the load was confirmed........when load was offered it said confirmed....1 piece........after accepted..... clink message said load was.....48x48x48.....I always say I will double check for you and I will.........most of the time we never get size of load.......but this had size.....if the size was something too big we could of acted in a different manner........what's the point of confirming a load if it's different when you show up.....can you guys explain that????? LOL.
Please correct me if I'm wrong (I know Phil should know this), my understanding of the term "confirmed" is that it applies to the delivery time.

cheri
nightreacher......you logic is a little off......but you think I'm off....LOL...staying in service does not mean I have to take a load....if only says that I want to keep getting load offers.....offers could be days away.....lot's of times we get loads for the next day....if we were OOS then would not even know that we were missing something for next day and then sit around and complain that we haven't gotten a load...right.....LOL.....if I am or we or you are tired....you might just take a small less then 75 run.....too tired for a long run but not for short run.......They key is not the word tired.....the key word is safe......what are you safe to do? well the answer is different for everyone and I would never question what you think is safe for you....why would you do it to me? oh and for that matter a business or company cannot tell you what is safe and not safe for your business.

Staying in service does not mean you have to take a load, but fed uses that information to determine their capacity to serve the customer. This is usually a sticking point when people are accused of "cherry-picking". Again, you have the right to refuse any and all loads AT THE TIME OF DISPATCH. And if you have a poor acceptance rating, as per your contract, they can pull your lease. (This is not the issue w/ pookie's load, however. Just FYI)

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter

I'm willing to bet that's why so many people are so...irritated, IMO. The incessant and excessive use of "LOL" and "HAHAHAHA" are rude, condecending, and plain dificult to read. It makes the poster come off as an uneducated, blathering, "crazy cat lady" type. I'm NOT SAYING YOU ARE ANY OF THESE THINGS, however, the way you present yourself speaks volumes.

Wow. That will likely be construed as an insult, but my nerves are shot, and after being told I'm "not so smart", there's a first time for everything.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wouldn't worry too much. It is one the craziest Fedex threads in quite some time.
"Kinda like the olden days".

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I wouldn't worry too much. It is one the craziest Fedex threads in quite some time.
"Kinda like the olden days".

Dave it has been fun. Thank God it's not a Panther Driver. Not a knock at FedEx Custom Critical. I would to love to listen to all the phone calls made to FedEx on this one. This has to be one of the best threads to get a chuckle out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.