FedEx Custom Critical ???? Are they what they say they are??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I fail to see how I am "misguided" in any way, since I guide myself.

Pookie... what can I say... did you read the part about 51% shareholder? Do you understand corporate structure? Apparently not. Maybe you should attend one of our quarterly board meetings. If my company were publicly traded, then anyone could come BUT since my company is privately held I am not subject to many of the rules the bigger companies are. The minutes are sometimes very amusing... my poor lawyer has to transcribe my ramblings... LOL

I could die and any of my partners could pick up where I left off and be in a good position to grow the business, even put up an IPO and go public.

My sons will likely liquidate the assets and cash out, which is fine by me since they inherit everything and have nothing more than an esoteric interest in this line of work.

Ateam, semantics being what they are, we likely would never agree on the definition of your status... but as an example, if you leased to me, you would be a non-exclusive contract employee.

My workers comp insurance would cover you... key element there.

fired at you from my Droideka

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I fail to see how I am "misguided" in any way, since I guide myself.

Pookie... what can I say... did you read the part about 51% shareholder? Do you understand corporate structure? Apparently not. Maybe you should attend one of our quarterly board meetings. If my company were publicly traded, then anyone could come BUT since my company is privately held I am not subject to many of the rules the bigger companies are. The minutes are sometimes very amusing... my poor lawyer has to transcribe my ramblings... LOL

I could die and any of my partners could pick up where I left off and be in a good position to grow the business, even put up an IPO and go public.

My sons will likely liquidate the assets and cash out, which is fine by me since they inherit everything and have nothing more than an esoteric interest in this line of work.

Ateam, semantics being what they are, we likely would never agree on the definition of your status... but as an example, if you leased to me, you would be a non-exclusive contract employee.

My workers comp insurance would cover you... key element there.

Oh my gawd, you get funnier every second.
Hey, I am incorporated with EIN NO. biz checking account and a corp line of credit.
I have a lawyer AND an accountant as well.
Just because I CHOOSE to only service one customer doesnt make my corporation any different than yours, except of course you have to work a whole lot harder doing all the things that I PAY FEDEX to do for me. My using services provided by Fedex is
no different than a brokerage house using a marketing co for targeted customers that fit the profile and demographics they serve, no different than someone using a clearing house to bill and collect on invoices.
You do it all....kudos.
I prefer to let others do the sales and billing.
Hey maybe our vacation condos are next to each other.
Oh, I will admit I am only 40% owner, as my wife has 40% and our third corporate officer has 20%.:D

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Hey, I am incorporated with EIN NO. biz checking account and a corp line of credit.
Just because I CHOOSE to only service one customer doesnt make my corporation any different than yours, except of course you have to work a whole lot harder doing all the things that I PAY FEDEX to do for me. My using services provided by Fedex is
no different than a brokerage house using a marketing co for targeted customers that fit the profile and demographics they serve, no different than someone using a clearing house to bill and collect on invoices.
You do it all....kudos.
Oh, I will admit I am only 40% owner, as my wife has 40% and our third corporate officer has 20%.:D
If you think zero3nine is funny you need to read what you just posted, now it is really funny. The I pay fedex line was the best. I have not read anything that funny in a long time.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
You do it all....kudos.

A corporation with nobody in control... now that is interesting. 40/40/20 split... what state even allowed you to do that? Doesn't even sound valid.

Paying Fedex... there's a good one... they deduct their fees, you do not pay them. There is a big difference.

FYI I run CC jobs a few times a month... I also do Panther jobs as well as UPS Express Critical. I send them invoices. They cut a check and send it to my office. My secretary deposits it.

I don't carry any of their fuel cards... no Qualcomm on the van...

Is this really so hard to understand?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
It's cold & raining outside. That being said I still could not go back through each of the 18 pages on this subject, BUT.
Regarding Independent contractors & carpenters. When I was a framer, building took a nose dive after the Stock Market collapse in October 1987. It didn't really start again until the mid nineties. The outfit I framed for asked the framers if they wanted to continue on an hourly basis or as Independent contractors. To be considered Independent they had to have their own tools and worked with out supervision. Had to provide proof of insurance and some form from the IRS.
Now the 2500 Chevrolet that loses a foot when the doors are closed, that's some thick insulation. #126 maybe nine feet, when the doors are closed eight feet
As far as two skids, rip a 5\8 sheet of ply wood or OSB down the length. Lay the 2' x 8' board on top of the skids and go to sleep.:p

Last edited:

pookie8me

Not a Member
Zero...sorry I stand corrected......you are true business....good job.....

yes I read it but that could of meant 51 to you and 49 to wife....LOL

financial freedom may be a better word then all those others ......I believe you found it! nice!

Hey EO MAFIA, did you see cover of LANDLINE mag.....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

pookie8me

Not a Member
bill.....let me remind you of size.48x48x48.....so with about 4-6 inches to spare you want me to sleep on top? Hmmmmmmm never thought of that........wow I'm glad the EO MAFIA has such sound advice.........could you also please tell me where to go so I can slice myself in half too? thx you guys are the best!

sleep is not sleep........you have to have right sleep.....if you want to run night after night......just because you can get away with bad sleep it's gonna catch up to you....sleep debt.......look it up....read it....learn it........you are legally responsible to manage it

Hey Zero you have work for another cargo van? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.