February

guido4475

Not a Member
As a bonafide redneck LOL...I can tell ya it's a badge of honor...shows you're a country boy who USES his truck, not a city boy drivin a purty truck

:cool:

Dale

As I told Rocketman on the phone, I went through that phase....a 79 Bronco, 44"tall tires, body lift, suspension lift, 8 mpg, going mudding in the woods, full throttle, going airborne, landing and breaking stuff, trying to work on it with mud hanging everywhere....memories of changing a blown out tire in the mud, jack sinking in the mud......What was I thinking??? I'll take a purdy, clean truck anyday!!!....lol...Those few hours of glory didnt justify the days of repair afterwards....but, I was young and dumb.....lol...or at least my priorities were different back than....got engaged, kids on the way..and traded it in for a Chysler Town and country mini van..woodie sides......lol...talk about a shock! But it did smoke the front tires, with the 3.3 v-6 in it....lol...it would move!!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
75 3/4 ton chevy. 44x18 super swampers. Dana 60's in both ends and 4:11 gears. Had a stroked 472 in it putin out about 800 horse. reverse manual valve body turbo 400 with a 2500 stall converter. Used it for pulling but took it to the woods muddin sometimes. A lot of fun to pull in the mud and turn it loose. Definitely didnt want to be around it when I did. Lots of quarters at the car wash. took first at the county fair a couple of years. It was lots of fun for awhile.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
75 3/4 ton chevy. 44x18 super swampers. Dana 60's in both ends and 4:11 gears. Had a stroked 472 in it putin out about 800 horse. reverse manual valve body turbo 400 with a 2500 stall converter. Used it for pulling but took it to the woods muddin sometimes. A lot of fun to pull in the mud and turn it loose. Definitely didnt want to be around it when I did. Lots of quarters at the car wash. took first at the county fair a couple of years. It was lots of fun for awhile.

What did you pull with it? the freakin' Titantic???

guido4475

Not a Member
Now there ya go...forgetting about us vans again....LOL.....darn trucks....:p

We are the glue that holds it all together....lol..

On a different note, it would be kinda neat to have Load One issued hard hats, with the logo on them...Grosses me out to use a public hardhat...just a thought...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

On a different note, it would be kinda neat to have Load One issued hard hats, with the logo on them...Grosses me out to use a public hardhat...just a thought...

I bought my own several years back.. they're not that expensive.. while at my previous company, we had several shippers that required a hardhat, along with reflective vest, and safety glasses, to even pass their gate! Even in my van, I had to have it all on. Like you, I didn't like using 'public stuff'.. and their reflective vests never fit LOL, so I bought one on Ebay. ($5-10 , depending on size..)

I use the vest and glasses frequently, and I've used the hardhat a few times too.. usually delivering to construction sites where it was required, but a couple of our 'normal' type shippers have required it also.

Hard hats have changed so much since I started driving LOL.. you can even get these now.. first saw them in TX of course!

$(KGrHqF,!isE6G6kyFwIBOs0Lee!wQ~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COWBOY-HARD...747?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6ab4e7d3

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

It wouldn't be too hard to make your own: buy the hat online, then print the logo onto peel & stick paper, cut it out, apply to your hardhat. Maybe add a layer of protective lacquer on top..
You could put your EO ID on the back, too, lol.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It wouldn't be too hard to make your own: buy the hat online, then print the logo onto peel & stick paper, cut it out, apply to your hardhat. Maybe add a layer of protective lacquer on top..
You could put your EO ID on the back, too, lol.

I think he should just shave his head and have one airbrushed on.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123