Expediter of the Year Award

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
CDL based?.....so much for small van carriers where a CDL is not needed....or I am I misunderstanding?...which would not be improbable...

What motor carriers don't require their commercial van drivers to have a CDL?

I understand it's not required based on GVW but there are many other safety issues that follow a CDL.

Please name names.....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
lets start with an easy one.....
Load1...
XPO..for another...(copy of xiggi line)...When I worked there xpo did not require it, don't know about today.
the only safety factor I can think of off hand is I believe a CDL is required to have a Hazmat endorsement...other then that a CDL is useless and actually a cost burden on a CV driver

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FWIW, I don't know anything about this other than what is contained within this thread.

Also, I do not have a CDL. I used to, but dropped the HAZMAT endorsement, and thus surrendered the Class C CDL, after realizing that I had only had 4 placarded loads within the previous 5 years.

I'm also quite sure (although I don't know, but feel 99% confident) that I am not eligible for the award. I am 100% sure that I am not deserving of it, in any case.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
" if you do not have a CDL as long as you meet the other requirements you are still eligible."
Don't get all butt hurt. You're included.
Can't eat out.
Have a real person in relationship (sorry no dolls)
Must stay for the ceremony (1 week, your accommodations)
No ketchup and mayo packets in truck.
List goes on...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I say let the van drivers be apart of the voting also. I believe that most carriers are now allowing non CDL holders to drive vans and sprinters.

Bolt Express
Try Hours
Panther
PTL
Load 1

Are a few of the ones that don't require CDL. An expediter is someone who transports something to a place as quick as possible. I feel that everyone should be able to be nominated, but who am I to say anything? I just think it should be fair to all drivers, van, sprinter, straight truck and tractor trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan