Cargo Van Espar heater

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finished my installation of Diesel Air Heater this afternoon.
It fired up within 15 seconds , and 15 minutes later i could of been in shorts inside Van . And it was 22 degrees outside with 30 mph winds . I think it will be nice waking up after a good nights sleep during Winter months going forward....

Money not Miles

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
D5 is serious. It's for the large motor coaches, city busses, sailboats in the 40-55 foot range.

The D2 will keep a Sprinter type van plenty warm. Lots of D2s in Sprinters prove that. But it will work harder than a D4. Where the D2 might spend most of its time on Medium and High, the D4 in the same vehicle will spend most of the time at Low and Medium.

And as a result, over its lifetime the D4 consumes less fuel than the D2. It's not a big hairy whole dramatic lot, but it makes the cost difference between the two about a wash over 5 years.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

guido4475

Not a Member
I can picture OVM searching through old receipts with a vengence, hoping, dreaming..to be a part of this, not being able to sleep...lol

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
My E 350 van had just over 300,00 when I sold it, my F 250 which I still have is just over 400,000 always used Howes.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sounds like an awesome machine.

I’ve wondered, why rely on 2 different power sources (espar and generator), but I assume the espar is just that much better at its job than any heater running off the generator.
The espar is cheap to run. A gallon or less in 24 hrs and battery drain is minimal. We run ours underway at times as well. Keeps the bunk nice and warm. Set the thermostat and forget about it. Repairing them is cheaper than repairing or replacing a generator. I plan on buying a generator this summer for A/C and recharging house batteries. Love my heater for sure.
I had one of those for a while. It was 20 degrees outside and in a van with no insulation, I was able to sleep in my undies and T-shirt lol. It was so warm and toasty up in that van. I will definitely get one again if I ever drive again.

Reactions: Solar and RoadTime

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Moot has another shot at a big payday
A few thousand more class action lawsuits and I can retire! I've been involved in several. None have paid much but I believe one should join. If not for the meager payout, it does send a message to the offending party.

They got one now for Omeprazole causing kidney failure and chronic kidney disease. I'm on that and 3 days before they removed my gallbladder my kidney function went down to 43. Maybe I should get in on the action lol. Kidney function is almost back to normal though but I also stopped taking that med and started on Pepcid.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
My E 350 van had just over 300,00 when I sold it, my F 250 which I still have is just over 400,000 always used Howes.
Brian at Espar told me that Howes while it does keep the fuel from gelling up, it puts a flim over/around the fuel filter. He recommends Powerservice.

Reactions: ntimevan