DONT Leave anything mounted in your dash....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And it leads to the fact that we are not commercial motor vehicle because they are illegal if we were....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Far as I know, the only places radar detectors are illegal for all vehicles is Virginia and Ontario. There are others, I'm sure.

I don't have one. I used to, many years ago, but I got more speeding tickets with it than I ever did without it. :D

Incidentally, way back in the early 90s, it was an OPP officer who introduced me to the "radar detector detector." He didn't give me a ticket, though. He took pity on just another dumb American.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still have not used the nav. Honestly haven't noticed any change to the notes maybe I have not had a situation where they would appear. I will watch more closely.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still have not used the nav. Honestly haven't noticed any change to the notes maybe I have not had a situation where they would appear. I will watch more closely.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

The pro number was moved to a line of its own....

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going off subject as many of our threads do......

How does everyone like the changes to automate navigation and some of the notes changes to workflow that people had wanted?

Haven't really noticed any changes in Workflow, other then the Pro#, the Nav has tried to send me down restricted streets, but it works pretty well.

guido4475

Not a Member
Going off subject as many of our threads do......

How does everyone like the changes to automate navigation and some of the notes changes to workflow that people had wanted?

I love the changes, thank you! The navigation works awesome.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Haven't really noticed any changes in Workflow, other then the Pro#, the Nav has tried to send me down restricted streets, but it works pretty well.

Make sure you contact Matt so you can make sure your nav is set for truck routing and not cars. It should not do that.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Make sure you contact Matt so you can make sure your nav is set for truck routing and not cars. It should not do that.

That unit is set for truck routing. I set it up myself. The program will route you on a truck restricted road occasionally. I always sent the name of the road and city into Qualcomm so they could add it to the next update. There is a screen in the program to do that.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I should probably run by the shop and get the maps loaded into the QC so the navigation will work.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have some nav questions, which will have to wait, as I may be having to take off any minute ;) but I wanted to say that my GPS sits in a beanbag on the dash, and when not in use it's covered by a cap that says ATF. Seems to discourage the bad guys, so far, lol. ;) Got a load, on my way!

guido4475

Not a Member
system on the van.Since this has happened, I am really considering an alarm system on the van. It's the attention that is drawn to the vehicle that scares them away. Right now, I have a "Beware of Dog" sticker by each door. The main reason for that was because too many shippers were trying to load my van when I wasn't present. It has worked well. But it may be a good thing to scare off thieves as well.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
system on the van.Since this has happened, I am really considering an alarm system on the van. It's the attention that is drawn to the vehicle that scares them away. Right now, I have a "Beware of Dog" sticker by each door. The main reason for that was because too many shippers were trying to load my van when I wasn't present. It has worked well. But it may be a good thing to scare off thieves as well.

Like someone's going to break in with Rambo in the truck all the time

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've never once had a shipper try to load my van when I wasn't present. Maybe it's because when I'm not present the doors are closed and locked, I dunno.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My question on the navigation feature is how a solo driver can use it while driving? I can't, so I haven't really used it at all.
Workflow is pretty good - except we really, really, really need the zip codes on the addresses - really! Today I was presented with 3 possible locations when the GPS didn't find the address in the city specified, and I chose the one with the mileage closest to what Dispatch had said the DH would be, and it was the wrong one.
Many major streets are long enough to have the same numerical address recur in several communities, and we all know how often the actual location isn't exactly in the city listed - zip codes are critical to choosing among the possible locations.
It's kind of hard to believe the programmers just left it off, IMO.
:confused:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My question on the navigation feature is how a solo driver can use it while driving? I can't, so I haven't really used it at all.
Workflow is pretty good - except we really, really, really need the zip codes on the addresses - really! Today I was presented with 3 possible locations when the GPS didn't find the address in the city specified, and I chose the one with the mileage closest to what Dispatch had said the DH would be, and it was the wrong one.
Many major streets are long enough to have the same numerical address recur in several communities, and we all know how often the actual location isn't exactly in the city listed - zip codes are critical to choosing among the possible locations.
It's kind of hard to believe the programmers just left it off, IMO.
:confused:

A solo can't do anything with the QC Nav while you're moving. In fact, nothing on the QC will work while in motion.

As for the zip codes, if I didn't have one, or the gps didn't come up with an address or it had multiple streets, I'd google the company name and city. It always comes up. Usually, the street name is misspelled on Workflow when an address isn't found by the gps.

guido4475

Not a Member
A solo can't do anything with the QC Nav while you're moving. In fact, nothing on the QC will work while in motion.

As for the zip codes, if I didn't have one, or the gps didn't come up with an address or it had multiple streets, I'd google the company name and city. It always comes up. Usually, the street name is misspelled on Workflow when an address isn't found by the gps.

I realize it is a safety issue, but I also feel it is the same amount of distraction hitting the buttons to get the female martian voice to start talking as it would be to just glance at the screen and see what it is about. How many times do we glance at our phones while driving? Reading a text? The distractions can be endless, in many ways.