DONT Leave anything mounted in your dash....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Qualcomm (and most manufacturers) for liability reasons does not give us an option to make the units usable for singles while in motion so kind of a mute issue. I agree cell phones can be distracting and in commercial vehicles hands free is required to help minimize this.
unless of course we are designated a team.....with a ghost log in....poke poke

guido4475

Not a Member
and just how long is one without cell service for that long that makes a real difference?...if it won't ring thru the voicemail always works...the QC is not a reliable way to transmit an important message

We all know from experience that cell phones do not work everywhere. They are not 100%reliable, and that is where the q-c comes in. 20 minutes without cell service when dispatch needs to contact a driver can be crucial in any situation. Yes, merging into traffic always raises the risk of accidents..but I would like to think if a driver is a good enough driver, he/she would be able to do this without fault. Were driving vans and straights, not semis or triples here..it's s not that difficult.. really..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We all know from experience that cell phones do not work everywhere. They are not 100%reliable, and that is where the q-c comes in. 20 minutes without cell service when dispatch needs to contact a driver can be crucial in any situation. Yes, merging into traffic always raises the risk of accidents..but I would like to think if a driver is a good enough driver, he/she would be able to do this without fault. Were driving vans and straights, not semis or triples here..it's s not that difficult.. really..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

How often do you truly not have cell service for that long when a qc message arrives. Let's be honest with ourselves.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have probably all been on the phone with another driver and asked "did you just get a qc message if they say yes chances its a fleet message are good.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Too bad Dora's computer terminal could just be for HOS trucks....that would get rid of a ton of fleet messages....:p

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Too bad Dora's computer terminal could just be for HOS trucks....that would get rid of a ton of fleet messages....:p

Have to check on that one. I know we can send by division but I don't know if we have an easy way to do HOS vs Non HOS units.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
t776x.jpg