Do you too get lonely away from home for long time

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Do I get lonely? Sure!!! Thank God for unlimited cell phone and internet usage.And, Yes, it is alot better being in a place that has alot of other vans waiting also.Laredo is a good spot to wait, mainly because there are so many others there also.

Sitting where there are a lot of other people might cure the loneliness, but you'll also sit there longer than you will if you are in a lonely place with no other expediters around.

guido4475

Not a Member
Sitting where there are a lot of other people might cure the loneliness, but you'll also sit there longer than you will if you are in a lonely place with no other expediters around.

This is true.But I also have been told that sometimes, while there may be alot more vans in the area you are sitting at, it can possibly be a shorter wait due to the amount of freight volume that comes out of that area as well.

But then again, I have spent the last 5 days bouncing around waiting for a load, with no-one really around me to speak of, and I am still without a load.

Was it you that I saw in the Chevy Spartan body on Sunday at the J in Illinois?Had youre decals on it.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
This is true.But I also have been told that sometimes, while there may be alot more vans in the area you are sitting at, it can possibly be a shorter wait due to the amount of freight volume that comes out of that area as well.

But then again, I have spent the last 5 days bouncing around waiting for a load, with no-one really around me to speak of, and I am still without a load.

Was it you that I saw in the Chevy Spartan body on Sunday at the J in Illinois?Had youre decals on it.

Not me, one of my drivers. I'm up in New England.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well, not really, was in the Navy for 4 years a long time ago and was at sea for 10 months away from family at that time. Don't get me wrong, I missed them, but I wasn't ballistic over it.

I like the road and when I do come in I stay at my son's house and in 2 days I have enough of that. Hes a trucker so hes not home much either. But I'm older now and there are no kids at home where ever that is. Not spouse so there is peace in that,lol. U pays ur money and u takes ur rides..........:D I hang out with some old buddies when I'm near where they are and go back out when the phone rings,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a man in a cargo van..................ride on................I may get an apartment someday, but why??????????????????

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
well golly gee whiz...I see someone got banned.. :D
I'm guessing the first tipoff mighta been the contrived broken English ..... where nearly all the words were spelled correctly ......

Well, the first tipoff ... after the phonetically suggestive screen name .....

What was that someone was saying recently about paranoia ? :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have Reverse Paranoia. I fear that I'm following someone.

"Thank you for calling the Paranoia Hotline. How the Hеll did you get this number?"

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
How can anyone get Lonely out here...
I have a whole team of dispatchers on the other end of the QC watching and telling me to just sit tight,,we know right where your at.

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
OOPS!! Ken forgot more pickles for ya..which reminds me to go get some more up for the frig...

BTW..how did you fry them up?