Do you too get lonely away from home for long time

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks...I used flour ..your's sounds better!

I know it's hard for a Yankee to understand that cornmeal is much better, for- well, just about anything. Gotta get over that fear! I bet you fry fish with flour....milk-eggs....yuck

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ever seen how a northerner makes cornbread? They sprinkle a little corn meal into a large bowl of cake flour, and call it "corn bread". It's disgusting.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Bet you boys wouldn't believe John C Calhoun was my ancester eh? Looks like I need to go south for cooking lessons!:)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ever seen how a northerner makes cornbread? They sprinkle a little corn meal into a large bowl of cake flour, and call it "corn bread". It's disgusting.

Yeah, and cook it in a square pan then, cut into square shapes.....oh oh, and don't forget the sugar!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John Caldwell Calhoun (March 18, 1782 – March 31, 1850) was the seventh Vice President of the United States and a leading Southern politician from South Carolina during the first half of the 19th century. Calhoun, a brilliant orator and writer, was a proponent of Republicanism, which he saw as implying slavery, states' rights, limited government, and nullification. A representative leader of the Irish in South Carolina, he served as Vice President under John Quincy Adams and under Andrew Jackson, was the first Vice President to have been born after the American Revolution, and was the first Vice President to resign from office. Calhoun briefly served in the South Carolina legislature. There he wrote legislation making South Carolina the first state to adopt universal suffrage for white men. As a "war hawk" he agitated in Congress for the War of 1812, and as Secretary of War under President James Monroe he reorganized and modernized the war department, building powerful permanent bureaucracies that ran the department, as opposed to patronage appointees.

Although Calhoun died nearly 11 years before the start of the American Civil War, he inspired secession in 1860–61. Nicknamed the "cast-iron man" for his determination to defend the causes in which he believed, Calhoun supported state's rights and nullification, under which states could declare null and void federal laws which they deemed to be unconstitutional. He was an outspoken proponent of the institution of slavery, which he famously defended as a "positive good" rather than as a "necessary evil".His rhetorical defense of slavery was partially responsible for escalating Southern threats of secession in the face of mounting abolitionist sentiment in the North.

Calhoun was one of the "Great Triumvirate" or the "Immortal Trio" of statesmen, along with his Congressional colleagues Daniel Webster and Henry Clay. Calhoun served in the House of Representatives (1810–1817) and the United States Senate (1832–1843). He was appointed Secretary of War (1817–1824) under James Monroe and Secretary of State (1844–1845) under John Tyler.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
John Caldwell Calhoun (March 18, 1782 – March 31, 1850) was the seventh Vice President of the United States and a leading Southern politician from South Carolina during the first half of the 19th century. Calhoun, a brilliant orator and writer, was a proponent of Republicanism, which he saw as implying slavery, states' rights, limited government, and nullification. A representative leader of the Irish in South Carolina, he served as Vice President under John Quincy Adams and under Andrew Jackson, was the first Vice President to have been born after the American Revolution, and was the first Vice President to resign from office. Calhoun briefly served in the South Carolina legislature. There he wrote legislation making South Carolina the first state to adopt universal suffrage for white men. As a "war hawk" he agitated in Congress for the War of 1812, and as Secretary of War under President James Monroe he reorganized and modernized the war department, building powerful permanent bureaucracies that ran the department, as opposed to patronage appointees.

Although Calhoun died nearly 11 years before the start of the American Civil War, he inspired secession in 1860–61. Nicknamed the "cast-iron man" for his determination to defend the causes in which he believed, Calhoun supported state's rights and nullification, under which states could declare null and void federal laws which they deemed to be unconstitutional. He was an outspoken proponent of the institution of slavery, which he famously defended as a "positive good" rather than as a "necessary evil".His rhetorical defense of slavery was partially responsible for escalating Southern threats of secession in the face of mounting abolitionist sentiment in the North.

Calhoun was one of the "Great Triumvirate" or the "Immortal Trio" of statesmen, along with his Congressional colleagues Daniel Webster and Henry Clay. Calhoun served in the House of Representatives (1810–1817) and the United States Senate (1832–1843). He was appointed Secretary of War (1817–1824) under James Monroe and Secretary of State (1844–1845) under John Tyler.

Gessss......was just a joke dude...

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
why not taking it with you ?

If I could figure out how to take one of my bikes with me I would, but really I don't see how it would be possible without upsetting the carrier. Does anyone take their bike with them.