Disappearing Industry

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Well, if Al Gore invented the internet, which spawned your buddy Google, is he your buddies' Grandpa ?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, if Al Gore invented the internet, which spawned your buddy Google, is he your buddies' Grandpa ?

Don't ask me, ask Ragman.
Nope!

al2.jpg

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I believe what the evidence shows, and do so without jumping to "wants and wishes" conclusions.

I didn't limit it to Big Oil. I limited to the unlimited by the use of "whatever." In any event, the "They poisoned me," was a claim made by his bother, a claim which no one else even heard. He didn't make the statement on the way out of the Cracker Barrel, he made it after he was outside. And he also made it after he had paid for the meal with his credit card (according to Cracker Barrel, credit card, and court records), and after both of the Belgian investors had departed from the premises. The wackos call his death "bizarre" and "mysterious" apparently because they don't believe in coincidence, or they question Atherosclerosis properties of a Cracker Barrel restaurant in which a chronic hypertensive Meyers ate like clockwork.

You say that like you believe the water car actually works. If the water car worked, the above paragraph would be absolutely valid. But since it doesn't, it's conspiracy theory wacko at its finest. With no evidence whatsoever, you've concluded that the government and their corporate bedfellows had something to do with not only the squashing of Stanley Meyers, but every other "inventor" of water powered cars around the world, including that yahoo from Pakistan last year. You conclude this, not because there is any evidence of it happening, but because there is no evidence of it happening. You conclude, despite the government being incompetence personified, that they and their bedfellows are able to squish like a bug anyone in the world who can come up with a way to violate the laws of physics.

Sorry, didn't know you were there when he drove his water-powered car. I concede.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Relax Hawk.

I just don't see evil doings behind every bad situation. Sometimes bad things just happen.

No prob, Rags. No, evil isn't behind every door. But pretending the government is as pure as the driven snow is just idiotic. Relying on them for facts is even more retarded.

But I digress. Even a dog has to be reminded not to chew on the master's shoes, so I have to learn once again never to debate a know-it-all. Adios.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry, didn't know you were there when he drove his water-powered car. I concede.
I didn't have to be there. His patents were examined and found not to work, and he was found in court to be a fraud. His entire process has been replicated by several scientists, including NASA, and found to not work.

If any one his patents worked, they would have been copied and currently be in production somewhere by somebody. None of them, not even one, has been. Not even by China who steals everything. And they've been looked at closely. It's all part of what is called "zero point energy" (where more energy is produced than is used to produce it) and it's something that scientists, and inventors, have been banging away at for more than 100 years. So far, nothing.

Meyer claimed that "the Arabs" offered him one billion dollars to stop his research.

Remember when Big Oil squashed the electric car?

No prob, Rags. No, evil isn't behind every door. But pretending the government is as pure as the driven snow is just idiotic. Relying on them for facts is even more retarded.
I agree one hundred percent. But I also agree that blaming the government, or anyone else, without evidence is just as idiotic and retarded. It's the religious argument, where you can't explain something, so you look for the quick, easy and comfortable explanation and just go with that as the truth.

But I digress. Even a dog has to be reminded not to chew on the master's shoes, so I have to learn once again never to debate a know-it-all. Adios.
Really? You've got an emotional conspiratorial argument, and instead of looking at actual facts and evidence, you ridicule those who do. Wow.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I agree one hundred percent. But I also agree that blaming the government, or anyone else, without evidence is just as idiotic and retarded. It's the religious argument, where you can't explain something, so you look for the quick, easy and comfortable explanation and just go with that as the truth.

Well, maybe one can explain why the meeting even took place? Be a good place to start IMO. I agree that proving guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt is crucial for official verdict.

All evidence being weighed to those ends....should be weighed with an open mind. Too many people start the trial by believing as the Mom does......"My little Johnny would never do such a thing". Sorry Mom, he is not only capable, all evidence points to guilt.

Problem now a days, the case never goes to "trial" because some entities have proven to be above the law, scrutiny, and have the power to make it so. Don't know the details here, but would disagree with the premise of people who question official stories being the ones sitting in a comfort bubble.

Could be workin just the other way around....ya think? :rolleyes:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I didn't have to be there. His patents were examined and found not to work, and he was found in court to be a fraud. His entire process has been replicated by several scientists, including NASA, and found to not work.

If any one his patents worked, they would have been copied and currently be in production somewhere by somebody. None of them, not even one, has been. Not even by China who steals everything. And they've been looked at closely. It's all part of what is called "zero point energy" (where more energy is produced than is used to produce it) and it's something that scientists, and inventors, have been banging away at for more than 100 years. So far, nothing.

Meyer claimed that "the Arabs" offered him one billion dollars to stop his research.

Remember when Big Oil squashed the electric car?

Really? You've got an emotional conspiratorial argument, and instead of looking at actual facts and evidence, you ridicule those who do. Wow.

What facts, what evidence? You didn't show any... just your opinion, like everyone else. Wow.

You know something, Turtle? Even when you're debating with someone else, and I agree with you, I still think you're dickish. You, my friend, don't have a conversation, you have a beatdown. Something about always having to be right, and driving into everyone who reads... well, you're a little over-qualified for EO, IMO. You should try running for the Senate.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't know the details here, but would disagree with the premise of people who question official stories being the ones sitting in a comfort bubble.
I would disagree with that premise, as well. Fortunately, that's not the premise I established. Everything, especially official stories, should be questioned. The problem comes, and the premise I established, is when people use their questions as being equivalent to conclusive evidence for something. They use theories to come up with a theory, backed up by a theory.

Their logic is not, Could the government have done this? Yes. And if so, is there any evidence that they did?

Their logic is, Could the government have done this? Yes. Therefore they did.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What facts, what evidence? You didn't show any... just your opinion, like everyone else. Wow.
Except my opinion is derived directly from the evidence, rather than unsubstantiated allegations. I'm going strictly by the evidence, which I did, in fact, show. You simply ignored it or refuse to accept it. Experts have looked at his patents and at his machines, and they have all concluded that it doesn't work. No one has been able to reproduce his claims. That's evidence.

You know something, Turtle? Even when you're debating with someone else, and I agree with you, I still think you're dickish.
To know me is to love me.

You, my friend, don't have a conversation, you have a beatdown. Something about always having to be right, and driving into everyone who reads... well, you're a little over-qualified for EO, IMO. You should try running for the Senate.
At least when someone disagrees with me I don't attack them personally, I attack their argument, I try my best to stick to the issues. To do otherwise is, in my thoroughly unsubstantiated opinion, a little dickish.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would disagree with that premise, as well. Fortunately, that's not the premise I established. Everything, especially official stories, should be questioned. The problem comes, and the premise I established, is when people use their questions as being equivalent to conclusive evidence for something. They use theories to come up with a theory, backed up by a theory.

Their logic is not, Could the government have done this? Yes. And if so, is there any evidence that they did?

Their logic is, Could the government have done this? Yes. Therefore they did.

This is exactly my point.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
This is exactly my point.

There is no point. Plenty of evidence under the ole "National Security" archives, and "sealed" for 50 year files. One can generally deduce what happened to a certain degree, by what did not happen. And in almost every case, where I would argue....that story don't wash.

Put another way....neither can they prove or back these wild stories, with any valid proof to back their claims. Release the info and let's have a hearing? Not going to happen my friends, and for good reason. So, the people who believe what they claim, to be false, can never prove it. It's like going into court where only the defense is allowed the evidence.

Let's see here.....the bullet went in the back, took a 90 degree turn, re-entered from the back, went down the arm, hit another person in the car, and then landed on a gurney to be found later. Or something like that......Uh huh.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no point. Plenty of evidence under the ole "National Security" archives, and "sealed" for 50 year files. One can generally deduce what happened to a certain degree, by what did not happen. And in almost every case, where I would argue....that story don't wash.

Put another way....neither can they prove or back these wild stories, with any valid proof to back their claims. Release the info and let's have a hearing? Not going to happen my friends, and for good reason. So, the people who believe what they claim, to be false, can never prove it. It's like going into court where only the defense is allowed the evidence.

Let's see here.....the bullet went in the back, took a 90 degree turn, re-entered from the back, went down the arm, hit another person in the car, and then landed on a gurney to be found later. Or something like that......Uh huh.
Using this scenario, I would agree that the American people have been lied to. However, to think everything the government does or doesn't do is part of a grand conspiracy to enslave the people is foolish. IMO of course.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Using this scenario, I would agree that the American people have been lied to. However, to think everything the government does or doesn't do is part of a grand conspiracy to enslave the people is foolish. IMO of course.

That only applies to trucking. :cool:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter

What's the average tax you pay each year? State, Fed, Local?

How many laws do you try to avoid breaking in week? Be honest now Ragman. :D

Do you own your home? Even if it's paid off?

How much usury do you pay each year? Money out of thin air, and you pay interest?

How many permissions/licenses do you need? Including recreation.

Who represents you, or your wishes, within this current structure?

What if anything, do you really have control of, or can do without permission?

What curriculum can you choose to teach your children? Homeschooling included?

How is it, many have known for years that your communications are being tracked, traced, and watched, near all of them.

It goes on and on.......and slave does not mean chains. Look it up.

In all practical purpose, you are free to move about...within a very structured and controlling system. Some get carried away with it, and perhaps project things out a little more than necessary...but watchmen on walls have served a purpose for many a moon. Some do listen, assess, and go with the evidence available.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
disappearing industries?
not huge industries but industries nonetheless....
IF coal can't clean up its act...time to leave it in the ground till technology can clean it up...
8 track production
record players
cassette tapes...
rotary telephones.......the list is endless.....

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
disappearing industries?
not huge industries but industries nonetheless....
IF coal can't clean up its act...time to leave it in the ground till technology can clean it up...
8 track production
record players
cassette tapes...
rotary telephones.......the list is endless.....

In the days of our grandchildren's grandchildren, we will still be burning coal for energy. It's abundant, cheap and easily converted for many uses. Obama's stupidity will pass in time. We are in more danger from the longterm effects of Obama's 8 years in office than from coal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the days of our grandchildren's grandchildren, we will still be burning coal for energy. It's abundant, cheap and easily converted for many uses. Obama's stupidity will pass in time. We are in more danger from the longterm effects of Obama's 8 years in office than from coal.
...Ontario is banning ALL coal burning by 2014
.The two units slated for shutdown by the end of the year are the Lambton Generating Station and the Nanticoke Generating Station, which at its peak capacity of near 4,000 megawatts was one of the largest coal facilities in the world.
U.S. impact minimal
It likely would not affect the U.S. coal industry, even though much of Ontario's former coal supply came from south of the border, he said.
"Ontario's decision in the context of the United States is minor," he said. "The U.S. industry has other assets."
Ontario's plans likely would not change the dynamic in other provinces, he said. They will be influenced much more by national coal regulations announced last year, and the province's own rules, he said.
The Canadian national regulations go a step further than U.S. EPA rules in requiring existing coal plants to eventually match the greenhouse emissions profile of natural gas plants -- a requirement that can only be met via yet-to-be-proved carbon capture technology
Ontario Phases Out Coal-Fired Power - Scientific American

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't complain when the cost of electricity increases and supply decreases. What about the loss of jobs too?