December Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In El Paso loaded for home.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

WTG....:D

Ok..went to use the vacuum cleaner...no beater bar and almost no suction...Took it apart again and belt has broken and we have spares...There is a filter way down in the assembly the book does not say anything about but found it last year when belt broke....it was jammed solid! Cleaned out all chambers, new belt, cleaned filters and now....Ye haw...sucks like a..........well vacuum cleaner...:p

mss1963

Expert Expediter
Very good week again,Loaded thursday morning in Jackson Mi Delivered in Broadview IL @11:55 got a call about 1:45 reloaded out of Chicago delivering back to Okemos Mi Friday morning, Reloaded out of Grand Rapid's MI delivering to Wimox, then Dead headed to Auburn Hill's reloaded for Franklin Park Del friday P.M. Reloading Sat A.M. for south Ga......out of Chicago...
and NO TURN DOWNS....Thank's to Caryn,Frankie,Joe,Brandon,Jeremy in Dispatch glad we can all work together as a Team.Thank's Load1 Dispatch.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Today was the collection day for Toys for Tots. My day started at 0900 by running over to the distribution center to get my list of pick ups. I was surprised to see we had in excess of twenty locations to pick up the donation boxes.

I was aided by my navigator, Tim aka "Mr. Spock" from the shop. He did a great job by sorting out the list and putting them in order so we didn't run around in circles. I couldn't have done it with out him.

We started our route and were pleasantly surprised by the amount of toys we were collecting. Really good toys and a lot of them. We continued on until it was necessary to feed Mr. Spock. A quick stop at Taco Bell remedied the situation.

We continued until 1500 when all the lights on the truck went out. We had three more stops to make before heading back to the distribution center. We made two of the stops and it was obvious we wouldn't make it back to the center before dark. We were close to DRS, so I called ahead and warned them we were coming.

Pulled into DRS at 1530 and Tim dropped everything and started working on the truck. He found the problem in a light module, cost $700. We agreed that the best thing to do was wire the lights direct. While Tim proceeded to do that, Mr. Spock had Patrick from the shop pick him up and get to the last toy pick up. They were to take it directly to the distribution center.

I kept in touch with the center by phone while Tim worked away on the truck. At 1930, I pulled out of DRS with lights blazing and a new toggle switch on my dash.

I headed to the center with 22 feet of toys. I arrived at 2000 and we unloaded the truck. Everyone there was surprised we had that much and they told me that they could now fill all the requests they had from the kids.

So, I pulled into the yard at 2030, had some dinner and am getting ready to hit the sack. I've had a bad week turning only three loads due to truck and Qualcomm problems, but after today I feel really good.

Thanks to Tim and Beki at DRS, Mr. Spock, and all the people who donated the toys. None of it would have been possible without them.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
17 degrees in Taylor :eek:

Warming up here...now 29 degrees..going to be in the 40's here today and tomorrow..

We had turkey dinner last night..Judy tried making some homemade cranberry sauce..man it was better then store bought...It was the dinner from the harvest...home grown potatoes and corn...
This has truly been a year to be thankful for...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just cut down 2 big dead branches about 12" around..with the chainsaw....a few more to go and then clean up the mess.....some good firewood for a few days...:D Like money in the bank! Cha ching...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
got into Miami about 0130..couldn't get unloaded until 0530 i was told..sooo a nap was in order...went back at 0530, nope, no one on the dock until 0630...ok...back to the truck and another short nap....finally got unloaded at 0700 an had to wait for them to do their paper work before they would sign off on the freight and i could leave...0735, I left and headed for the closest Wally World....went to bed, woke up around 1530!!! Nice good sleep with a nice warm breeze...

Oh did isay it was 80* here!!! Sunny with a nice breeze..:D

Thinkin I'll get a room later, take a shower and head out for some good Cuban BBQ....

But now its hope for a load out of here no later then Monday afternoon...if not, I be heading north.....Need to be home the morning of the 22 for the birth of my new and 1st Grand Daughter!!!! :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sleep Walking?

After starting the week feeling rather low with the December Blues, an IDLE mind (pun intended :rolleyes:) starts to wonder if and when things will pick back up. Right place. Right Time? I don't know, but dispatch ran me pretty hard the rest of the week. One of those weeks when your constantly on the go and you have to think, when did I sleep last? Find myself now in Brookville, PA. This week was by best week since August and ranks at 4th best week since I started in July :D

Thanks be to Load 1 ;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Roadtime wrote:

Last time I was there I got a load from the Airport on Sunday night to the yard. Hopefully you will have similar luck

Yeap there is a regular load that runs of of the airport from upsi believe that goesback to the Detroit area...LOL, I ams so close to the airport, inbound flights from the west are flying over my van so low I can count the rivets in the wings...well ok i can read the numbers....lol...so yea its my hope to get "a" run back north to the cold....