December Banter and Location

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Still waiting on this darn train to go by so we can get to the other side of the tracks and deliver.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting at home, since Thanksgiving. 1 load offer, but another of the type that can't be done running elogs. Oh well.

Wife asked 'why would dispatch call with that, don't they know?'. Reminded her that it can be magically be done, using paper logs, like i used to do, and there are more drivers on paper logs than elogs. So dispatch doesn't need to worry about it.

Will d/h north, soon, since NC seems to be a dead area right now.

Cheers, all :)

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Unloaded and now at the Oak Grove Petro to catch a little sleep. Might dh over to St.Loooie since we never seem to have any luck out of the KC area. Hoping dispatch works their magic and gets us out of here so we don't have to dh out.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Morning all. Been a long 8 days or at least it seems so. Trying to get things around and over to the truck.

A routine visit to the vet a week ago showed that one of our dogs kidneys are failing. Her values were off the chart, but she responded to the treatment. She's stable now, but now we're on the same road we were on this time last year. Thank goodness my daughter is a vet.

Will be heading up to Taylor tonight and at DRS in the morning. Parts to repair a trans seal leak and a new charge air cooler came in. Both leaks would cause problems if stopped at a scale, so will get it done now.

One day at a time.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Happy December...only 24 days till Christmas...and I've got just a dusting of snow on the ground this morning and it's cold enough to keep it that way.

Steve..sorry to hear about your dog..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after doing my first load yesterday I just got settled in Ravenna Ohio...
and Frankie called with one 20 miles away coming to VA by DC....the site was under last phases of construction...No way to unload at the dock unless 3 skids was going to be hand unloaded (computer stuff)...so I happened to bump into site foreman at the roachcoach....and he brought his skid steer out and unloaded me and put them on the dock...Nice guy!

Consignee asked about the rate of hand unload...I told him $105 an hr with a 4 hour minimum PLUS skid and garbage removal fee another $100 bucks....that is when he approved using the loader truck, job done in 10 minutes....LOL:p

Scooted out to Winchester, may go all the way to Harrisburg yet..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Sorry to hear about the Dog Steve...

Me, Still "playin" in Dallas....No Cover Charge but a 2 drink minimum and a $5 buck entry to the "Pool" Tournament!!! Great BBQ!! Here's to a "short" enagagement" and a nice "long" run out of here!!! :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I get SOOO much done when Ken's driving..on the 4th load of laundry and have MOST of the gifts wrapped....and fresh sheets on the bed. It's still just 29 degrees here, but I opened up all the windows..that dryer really heats the air!

Guess I should start thinking about the Christmas Cards, but am working on my bed doll too and it takes quite a bit of time. Hope to read that everyone is running when I check back in!:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My luck for the week is holding true. Came over to the truck to load up food and clothes. Check the oil and fire her up. Chk engine and engine protect light up. Shut her down and recheck everything. Coolant was low. Added coolant and restarted. Lights out.

Ran engine up to temp and shut her down. Start the APU. It runs for five mins and it shut down. Checked the coolant. Down again!!!

Ran over to store to get more coolant. Added more and am now running eng back to temp.

Nothing on ground, so I'll get the eng warm and then run the APU and see what happens. :(

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Engine appears to be ok. APU on the other hand just starts and stops. Sounds like the starter isn't disengaging.

Will try again in the am to head north. If I'm going to have a problem I don't want to have it in the dark and cold.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Engine appears to be ok. APU on the other hand just starts and stops. Sounds like the starter isn't disengaging.

Will try again in the am to head north. If I'm going to have a problem I don't want to have it in the dark and cold.

Nope..dark and cold means electric blanket and warm!:)