December Banter and Location

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Think I'd go for 1 more week and build up that cruise fund...LOL....

We have a lot of stuff to do. have to change transmission and rear end fluid, swapping brakes because we don't like these pads, have to get an estimate to fix the door, have a meeting for next years Great Lakes Convoy, get my hair done, take a trip to Lansing to drop off the gifts for our adopted family, finish packing and printing off all of our travep stuff, make Christmas goodies, and lastly a birthday party for me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have a lot of stuff to do. have to change transmission and rear end fluid, swapping brakes because we don't like these pads, have to get an estimate to fix the door, have a meeting for next years Great Lakes Convoy, get my hair done, take a trip to Lansing to drop off the gifts for our adopted family, finish packing and printing off all of our travep stuff, make Christmas goodies, and lastly a birthday party for me.

Best get to it then....quite a "to Do List"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thought of the Day!
I choose...

To Live by Choice, not by Chance.
To make Changes, not Excuses.
To be Motivated, not Manipulated.
To be Useful, Not used.
To Excel, Not Compete.
I choose Self-esteem, Not Self Pity.
I choose to Listen to my inner Voice;
Not the Random opinion of others

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido...You running???:confused:

No, it's too cold for runnning outside.

After that run to Hagerstown, They empty moved me to Roanoke.I didnt like the idea,of going in the middle of nowhere, but they said they get loads out of Blacksburg.So I came here.Yesterday I got one picking up this evening taking me home.

Glad I listened to dispatch!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Happy birthday juju and pre happy birthday Jenny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in fairview, tn. Been here since Fri. Morning do to a bad decision on our part but oh well,we live with the choices we make and can't complain. We will see what the upcoming week brings.

We are kinda gettin antsy to head for home for the holidays with the kids. I am antsy to get there and start finishing the inside of my new garage. Looking forward to working with the kids. They are all gonna come and help out for my Xmas present. Really all I ask for or want. Kinda funny how when they get older we seem to enjoy time with them as we did when they were young.

So what does everyone else have planned for the holidays ??????????

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
That was our mistake Thurs. dispatch offered us a load, But I was trying to not get stuck for the weekend so we turned it down and got stuck anyway. We have not turned loads down, if they pay our rate we do them and everthing has worked out. One time I second guess them and I don't come out so good. Guess we learned !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
By the way things are going, if there is freight over the holidays, I will be doing it, unfortunately.such is life.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
And Happy Birthday to you too Jenny...it's tomorrow isn't it? Hope Nick makes you breakfast in bed!:)

Thank you. Tuesday I am going to.be the big 27 :/ We are going to plan on going to.dinner. I don't do breakfast very well. For some reason it makes me.sick.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Happy Birthday Jenn!! Dang to be 27 again!!!! nahhhh...

So the Holidays...new and 1st Grand daughter shows up the 22st, I will be there...then Alot but not all of the family and extend family will be at our home Christmas Eve..the new baby and mom won't be home till the 25th, my other son will be in DC from the 23rd till the 29th, so we will do Christmas with the Kids New Years Day....

I'll try and run the week between Christmas and New Years, just might require a bit of DH'in to be where I need to be when I need to be there...

And Dynamite, I think it runs in cycles withthe kids...babys are fun, but fragile, from 18 mounths till 3-4 good times...from then on till teen yrs, i understand way some animals eat there young...the teen yrs, can be challenging...but after they are adults and on their own, it really is amazing how you enjoy time with them and while you still worry about them, you have to let them deal with their own stuff...but it sure is nice when they come back and seek you out for advise or just to talk...you realize you did a better job then you thought....Enjoy the time and Holidays with your kids!!!!

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I sit here in West Central Nevada after delivering this mornin I sit and wonder this, Hmmmmmm.......Sacremento/San Fransisco, California area or Salt Lake City, Utah area??? Sac/SanFran area just under 330 miles and SLC area just over 350 miles...:eek: Or if I stay here...I also have Boise, Idaho just over 250 miles, and Reno, Nevada just over 160 miles away...So maybe Ill give today here an move later??

Last edited by a moderator: