December Banter and Location

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
It was 16 degrees when I arrived in Roswell, NM this morning. Currently in El Paso looking for the other sprinter roaming these parts.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van is plugged in with blocker heater...

Heavy work day..changed 1 light bulb and made 1 tray of ice cubes...:p

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
It was 16 degrees when I arrived in Roswell, NM this morning. Currently in El Paso looking for the other sprinter roaming these parts.

eb

We were out shopping. Found Nick a pair of shoes. its quite hard to find them.in his.size. Then we went shopping for my friends boys. We did an "adopt a family" type thing for them for Christmas this year. Now off to meet up.with EB and Suzi.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

eb

Ice Road Truckers. Texas style.... :rolleyes:

Do they have cowboy hats with ear flaps. :confused:

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
Had a sweet yesterday, everything turned out so well.Kinda like the movie meet the parents, how everything went their way.Got up, showered, breakfast, gassed up, hit the junkyard to take off 2 spare tire carriers from underneath 2 ford vans, did that in 20 minutes, grocery shopped, all by 9:30 am, then got a load from the airport to Cleveland, and stopped by the yard to get another one before heading out.#2 load went to "Hagerstown, Md.Double pay to Cleveland.was thinking on the way there how many times I did the same thing, for a different carrier, only the stops were paid as a stop off, with the standard pay for all miles.So grateful for the honesty and pay of Load One.I am really hoping for another load this week, these next 2 weeks are going to dictate if I go home for Christmas or not.On a mission to get things/people paid off and the van inside finished.Have the generator, hitch, basket, and the bigger Espar b-4 model is on it's way.Costing close to $50.00 a day to idle this van.Figuring I'll save close to $42.00 a day with the generator/espar when Me and a freind get it all put on.Not including the food cost will be alot less, as well.Getting excited about all of this, as well as the coming year!

guido4475

Not a Member
Took a nap yesterday at 1:30. PM.Slept till 5, so I'd be ready for a load if one came up late in the day.... unfortunately,Overdid it.Cant fall asleep.Watched Rocky 1 and 2 so far.Movies usually put me to sleep, but not this time.And ya know what?? Dispatch will probably call me with a hot load at 8am..lol..Let's try this again...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I took a nap early this morning in Franklin Oh at the Pilot next to a Load 1 ST...on to Miami Fla now...:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

If they don't get you loaded very quickly, I would not invest a lot of time down there...IMO The clock is running...

I should be in there really early sat AM, like 0200...i am hoping to get unloaded then...then I might hang till Monday and hope to get that load out of the Miami airport...If that doesn't happen , it looks like I'll run north....

Scott I did ask Frankie if you could take it and id go to Texas, but he said something about "Canadian", Timmys in Fla...yada yada yada...:D

Last edited:

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
In NC to see #2 son who's in the USAF and shipping out to Germany just after new years. Taking 5 yr old grandson with him for 4 yrs. This is gonna be hard. We'll see them again before they leave.Was just in Minneapolis. Dennis' Miami trip sounds nice after that.