Deadline for signing up for health insurance is February 15th.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
7 years ago I was paying $800 + per month for insurance for me and my wife. It started out at $500 + per month 10 years earlier and kept going up. I had a $10,000.00 deductible. 7 years ago I was 49 years old. When I got my renewal for the next year my rate jumped to $1,200 + month ($14,400.00 year).

It's all Obama's fault! I don't know how but it must have been his fault. Insurance rates never went up before he was born! It must be because he's a Muslim. I know a guy who knows a guy whose brother has a friend that works at Kinkos. He said Obama had him print up a fake birth certificate. Obama hates America. I know he hates America because I just said he hates America. He can't be a man cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarette as me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UB,

Hilarious stuff ... sounds like you took a page right straight out of The Konservative Kook's playbill ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
When did you become the expert on their health insurance? How long did you study their policy to determine what coverage was lacking?

If one has any experience or is otherwise familiar the purchasing and procurement of group health insurance - say as an employer of 50 or more individuals - one has some idea of typical rates for decent coverage.

Beyond that, someone is clearly confused on the matter of "needed" vs "wanted" ...

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you're under the impression that bad legislation should never be questioned simply because Obama is president?

I blamed Obama just like you guys did. I'm just trying to get into your Obama Haters Club. I heard you guys have really neat tin foil hats. Is there a secret handshake I have to learn or something.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I blamed Obama just like you guys did. I'm just trying to get into your Obama Haters Club. I heard you guys have really neat tin foil hats. Is there a secret handshake I have to learn or something.

Why is it that some think it's Obama we hate? We hate what he stands for, Marxism, destroying the Constitution, and total control of the People.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is it that some think it's Obama we hate? We hate what he stands for, Marxism, destroying the Constitution, and total control of the People.

That reminds me, I also want the club's white jacket with the really long arms.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Turn off the hate, bro. Learn how to blindly love all things Obama. All hail Caeser.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If one has any experience or is otherwise familiar the purchasing and procurement of group health insurance - say as an employer of 50 or more individuals - one has some idea of typical rates for decent coverage.

Beyond that, someone is clearly confused on the matter of "needed" vs "wanted" ...

Well if he is an expert then he should be able to answer my questions and also tell us what coverage was lacking.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Are you confused by the question? Why can't bad legislation be questioned or complained about? Is that simple enough for you to understand?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
UB,

Hilarious stuff ... sounds like you took a page right straight out of The Konservative Kook's playbill ...

Sounds more like someone that doesn't understand massive jumps in cost from one day to the next versus over years. I guess you might need to have it explained to you too.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I find it amazing that there are so many people out there who believe that government hacks know better what coverage an individual needs better than the individual themselves do. Knowing why my wife's policy was OUTLAWED it is obvious that those government hacks flunked high school biology.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just have to wait a little longer. Once people find out what it doesn't cover, where you can and can't go, the costs, sky high deductibles & copays, prescriptions that aren't covered, you will see some changes. It has already started.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just have to wait a little longer. Once people find out what it doesn't cover, where you can and can't go, the costs, sky high deductibles & copays, prescriptions that aren't covered, you will see some changes. It has already started.

A "little longer" may be too late, if it is not "too late", already. The longer Obamacare is in place, the deeper entrenched it becomes. It is similar to a cancer tumor, spreading it's roots deeper and deeper until it kills the patient.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

It may or may not. The plaintiffs for this haven't really shown damages at this point. But, and why it is at the Supreme Court is that the law has a flaw in the language. Hard to tell how the judges will rule on just that specific piece. I think the real issue is the impact it has once people find out what it is and what it is not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not a flaw, they are just choosing to ignore their own law, as they have with other parts of it, like the employer mandate that was "put off", because the lord god Obama said to do it. The only thing that matter to them is the control this gives them. How they gain that control, legally or otherwise, is not relevant to them. They believe they are entitled to rule us.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you confused by the question? Why can't bad legislation be questioned or complained about? Is that simple enough for you to understand?

It seems like you're the one that's confused.

Nowhere in my posts have I questioned the right to complain about politicians or legislation.

For what it's worth I'm not a big fan of Obamacare. It's a very poorly conceived and written piece of legislation.

I do reserve the right to make fun of mad dog complainers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who gets to decide what an individual NEEDS when purchasing coverage? The government or the individual? Is there ever any good in removing the freedom of the individual to choose what coverage they need? Is there good in requiring individuals to purchase coverage that there is no medical or science based need for? Is that right? Is anything worth that much loss of freedom?