Deadline for signing up for health insurance is February 15th.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
"The problem with health insurance is that it's a service that you don't need, until you need it. Other people failing to pay their bills were taking away other people's freedom and causing everyone else to pay more. "

This law requires people to purchase coverage that they will never need. Like men and postmenopausal women to have maternity care. There is no need for people without children to have any kind of pediatric care.

There is more to be considered. Why is it that there is no requirement for long term geriatric coverage? Aging is the one thing that all will experience, assuming a normal life span. The cost of caring for those with age related problems is expensive, and yet, we are only required to pay for a few services, many of which a large segment of the population will never need. Is there no need for geriatric care? It would seem so.

Under Ocare there is no need for geriatric care. They got scared when all the talk of "death panels" came up. Government and insurance still essentially decides who gets what. Now they are at least a little more secretive about it. Just take some of the policies and view the drugs that are approved and not approved. It is shocking actually. It is there is where you find your answers. Want to live long, better have your wallet ready.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Like seat belt & helmet laws, Obamacare is a great big gift to the insurance industry - like they deserve it.:mad:

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got quoted 125.00$ a month for a policy with 6,000$ deductible a hahhahahha
For someone under 30 without previous medical conditions. That's out rageous.

500$ deductible was 345.00$ per month

Of course I did not buy that crap.

A big F and a big U to Mr Barrack

$345.00/month with a $500.00 deductible is CHEAP !! You could not have bought that policy at that price before Obamacare. My employer provided policy 2 years ago was $580.00/month with a $3700.00 out of pocket cost per year. And that was a group policy, much cheaper than shopping for one.

For 2015 I'm paying $67.00/month with a $500.00 out of pocket max for the year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
$345.00/month with a $500.00 deductible is CHEAP !! You could not have bought that policy at that price before Obamacare. My employer provided policy 2 years ago was $580.00/month with a $3700.00 out of pocket cost per year. And that was a group policy, much cheaper than shopping for one.

My wife's policy before Obamacare was around $240, a similar one now would be triple that.There is no policy like she used to have, they are illegal. You may be paying 67 per month, someone else is picking up the rest of the tab, which is much higher than it was before this boondoggle was forced on us.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
7 years ago I was paying $800 + per month for insurance for me and my wife. It started out at $500 + per month 10 years earlier and kept going up. I had a $10,000.00 deductible. 7 years ago I was 49 years old. When I got my renewal for the next year my rate jumped to $1,200 + month ($14,400.00 year).

It's all Obama's fault! I don't know how but it must have been his fault. Insurance rates never went up before he was born! It must be because he's a Muslim. I know a guy who knows a guy whose brother has a friend that works at Kinkos. He said Obama had him print up a fake birth certificate. Obama hates America. I know he hates America because I just said he hates America. He can't be a man cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarette as me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This mess has made a bad situation even worse. There are fewer choices than there were before Obamacare and now we are FORCED to buy coverage that is not needed. More people are on "welfare" plans than ever before and we are borrowing more and more money to pay for this stupidity.

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife's policy before Obamacare was around $240, a similar one now would be triple that.There is no policy like she used to have, they are illegal. You may be paying 67 per month, someone else is picking up the rest of the tab, which is much higher than it was before this boondoggle was forced on us.

Her policy was lacking in coverage, then. Did you ever take advantage of tax reductions available to you as a small business owner ? Why aren't you expressing the same outrage about the rest of society subsidizing you in that way ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Her policy was lacking in coverage, then. Did you ever take advantage of tax reductions available to you as a small business owner ? Why aren't you expressing the same outrage about the rest of society subsidizing you in that way ?

What coverage was it lacking? :confused: She had exactly the coverage that she needed, nothing more. Which is how it should be. The very idea that the government can coerce people into buying coverage that the don't need, or coverage at all, should sicken the heart of anyone who values liberty and freedom.

As to tax reductions, our taxes in this country are way too high as it is. The health care subsidies are paid by extorting money from it's rightful owner, and giving it to someone who is in no way entitled to it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Welfare will make it cheaper for some individuals but the reality is that it is just simply not affordable for the country.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
7 years ago I was paying $800 + per month for insurance for me and my wife. It started out at $500 + per month 10 years earlier and kept going up. I had a $10,000.00 deductible. 7 years ago I was 49 years old. When I got my renewal for the next year my rate jumped to $1,200 + month ($14,400.00 year).

It's all Obama's fault! I don't know how but it must have been his fault. Insurance rates never went up before he was born! It must be because he's a Muslim. I know a guy who knows a guy whose brother has a friend that works at Kinkos. He said Obama had him print up a fake birth certificate. Obama hates America. I know he hates America because I just said he hates America. He can't be a man cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarette as me.

Are you confused about what happened? Obama has already admitted as well as most politicians that it was going to increase rates. We aren't talking about $300/month over 10 years. It's several hundred dollars in one month and we know it will get worse as more of it is implemented.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Upon its passage, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi proclaimed Obamacare was being given as a gift to the American people.

The President and Congressional Democrats lied all the way through the legislative process believing passage of Obamacare must be done at all costs to make the new President look good. It's going to be years, if not decades, before the Democrats will ever pass another meaningful piece of legislation. They thoroughly screwed themselves burning all bridges to get Obamacare.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
But I BLAMED Obama.

??? Doesn't that PROVE I'm a TRUE American ???