Deadline for signing up for health insurance is February 15th.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unlike IRS and other government deadlines they don't extend this one to midnight Monday when it's a Sunday date.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My point is there isn't an extra day grace period like with other government agencies. And now that I think of it Monday is a holiday so everything else would extend to Tuesday. For some people the extra time would likely be beneficial for final research etc..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I like how people are crying that it isn't presidential but yet somehow Reagan being a grumpy old man and telling a heckler to shut up means that he was tough. Obama is pushing his agenda and people don't like it because they know it appeals to the younger generation and getting them onboard is going to be key for Obamacare to succeed. I think it is brilliant marketing and they did a great job with it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not just the "younger" generation it appeals to - I think it's great to see a POTUS who isn't afraid to have fun when it's appropriate, even laughing at himself sometimes. Being "Presidential" shouldn't mean being weighted down with the gravitas of it all 24/7, I hope.
Besides, I think the he got the youngsters in his pocket when he did the "Between 2 Ferns" interview with Zack Galifiankis, and Zack asked how it felt to be the last black man elected POTUS, lol.
People who feel the POTUS has to be all serious all the time are looking for someone who doesn't exist - and shouldn't, either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obamacare is a total wreck. It needs scrapped and government needs to get out of our lives and return control of health care to the people. There should be no deadline, Obamacare should not exist.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
what about all the late arrivals from Mexico and Iran and Iraq,and Yemen,and
Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia, Jordan,Egypt and a zillion other illegal,,,,oh my.......how does that work....I forgot, its that amnesty deal

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get the government out of healthcare. Return it to the corporations where it belongs. THEY have college graduates who can decide if we need an operation. They must be smarter than us. Look how much money the make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are only a few that should be making health care, and health insurance, choices. What insurance an individual chooses to have should be decided on ONLY by that individual. Choices in care should ONLY be between the health care professionals, like doctors, and the patient involved.
Period. Government has no valid place at those levels of health care.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's not just the "younger" generation it appeals to - I think it's great to see a POTUS who isn't afraid to have fun when it's appropriate, even laughing at himself sometimes. Being "Presidential" shouldn't mean being weighted down with the gravitas of it all 24/7, I hope.
Besides, I think the he got the youngsters in his pocket when he did the "Between 2 Ferns" interview with Zack Galifiankis, and Zack asked how it felt to be the last black man elected POTUS, lol.
People who feel the POTUS has to be all serious all the time are looking for someone who doesn't exist - and shouldn't, either.

I completely agree. I'm not sure why people want a president that walks around with a stick up his butt. When I see politicians that do that it shows a disconnect with the people which is a really bad sign. I'm tired of politicians as I think most Americans are and I think taking the position off of the pedestal that we put them on is a great way to bring them back down to earth. Obamacare was poorly handled as far as the PR goes and it looks like they now have some smarter people working a new angle.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
ANY interference from government in OUR decisions on health care and health insurance diminishes freedom and destroys liberty.

Only each individual has the RIGHT, and responsibility, to decide those things for themselves. Those who attempt to usurp our freedoms can never be, and should never be, trusted. They should be feared and removed from office.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
ANY interference from government in OUR decisions on health care and health insurance diminishes freedom and destroys liberty.

Only each individual has the RIGHT, and responsibility, to decide those things for themselves. Those who attempt to usurp our freedoms can never be, and should never be, trusted. They should be feared and removed from office.

Arguing from the personal responsibility angle though people racking up huge bills and not paying them hurts my ability to not have insurance because it increases my costs with every bankruptcy.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Arguing from the personal responsibility angle though people racking up huge bills and not paying them hurts my ability to not have insurance because it increases my costs with every bankruptcy.

Obamacare has cost us the ability to even have insurance. Before it was rammed down our throats we had affordable coverage that met our needs and did not have to pay for coverage that we did not need.

The very idea that the government can force people to purchase a service that they in no way need, nor want, should be abhorrent to anyone who cherishes their freedom.

Obamacare is there to make more people dependent on a malevolent government and give that government almost total control over the people. This government is very much out of control.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Obamacare has cost us the ability to even have insurance. Before it was rammed down our throats we had affordable coverage that met our needs and did not have to pay for coverage that we did not need.

There are plenty of people that went from being able to pay their insurance to being on "welfare". My brother is one that was able to pay his health insurance every month but once Obamacare took hold his rates skyrocketed and he ended up looking for insurance on the exchange. Now the taxpayers are footing the bill for several hundred a month when it was never necessary before.

The very idea that the government can force people to purchase a service that they in no way need, nor want, should be abhorrent to anyone who cherishes their freedom.

The problem with health insurance is that it's a service that you don't need, until you need it. Other people failing to pay their bills were taking away other people's freedom and causing everyone else to pay more.

Obamacare is there to make more people dependent on a malevolent government and give that government almost total control over the people. This government is very much out of control.

The government gets involved way too much and I'm sure that it will continue to get worse.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"The problem with health insurance is that it's a service that you don't need, until you need it. Other people failing to pay their bills were taking away other people's freedom and causing everyone else to pay more. "

This law requires people to purchase coverage that they will never need. Like men and postmenopausal women to have maternity care. There is no need for people without children to have any kind of pediatric care.

There is more to be considered. Why is it that there is no requirement for long term geriatric coverage? Aging is the one thing that all will experience, assuming a normal life span. The cost of caring for those with age related problems is expensive, and yet, we are only required to pay for a few services, many of which a large segment of the population will never need. Is there no need for geriatric care? It would seem so.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obamacare is a total wreck. It needs scrapped and government needs to get out of our lives and return control of health care to the people. There should be no deadline, Obamacare should not exist.

Got quoted 125.00$ a month for a policy with 6,000$ deductible a hahhahahha
For someone under 30 without previous medical conditions. That's out rageous.

500$ deductible was 345.00$ per month

Of course I did not buy that crap.

A big F and a big U to Mr Barrack

Last edited: