Cops

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think there are MANY an "old salt" driving a big 'ol Pete with a picnic table that could learn a thing or two from the posts above. There are far too many drivers out here that go sans belt. Didn't they get the mesage back in the 80's ... CRACK KILLS!!!! As for Zanes' van it looks clean and presentable from what I see in the pictures.

His van looks fine. I don't know what sans belt is.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Joe, we both know that alot 22 y/o today for the most couldn't hold basket to the work ehtic of a 22 y/o back in the day..they weren't raised to do it...That being said, he is working making his own way..he isn't doing anything we didn't do as kids, "making a statement"....

And "Blue Dots" were Blue cut glass that after you drilled a hole in center over the bulb of a glass tail light lens and installed the "Blue Dot", turned the lens color purple when you put the brake on.....

I bet i still can find a few broken 50 Ford taillamp/brake light lens . you usually broken 1 or 2 drilling them...you do remember "glass tail light lens"..LOL..:D

LOL, and as far as "buying cool"...hey there are whole industries catering to it...mag wheels, sound systems, stripe packages..when we were kids, lowering blocks, fender skirts, porta-walls, big spinner hub caps....:D

Man I am glad you made that clear. I was thinking you meant those cool looking fuzzy dice we used to hang from our rear view mirror in the 50's.

Big Al

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
There was a guy out here a while back with a black van, black wheels, black windows, black everything, including a black Qualcomm. And shiny. I used to see it a lot, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

It's winter with little snow. gets dark early, sun comes up late....

It "blends" in to it's surroundings...

When it comes to "modified" tail lights.. Painting them makes them very hard to see during the day. At night your brake lights look like much like running lights.

It's a rear end accident waiting to happen. Bling your truck all you want. Don't mess with external safety equipment. That affects others.

Pull your air bags, don't wear your seat belt. don't bug me a bit. It's your life that may be lost in a accident.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Iknow. You know how yall on big rigs chrome this n that n customize it. Well chrome is out and black is in. Lol its just my way doing it giving my van a flavor of zaneeer lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

When I drove a van, one carrier put an '800' phone number on it, and I customized it by putting Google eyes in the zeroes - it was silly, but it made people smile.
We have different tolerances for 'different'. but long as you're not messing with the safety equipment [or making controversial 'statements' that may reflect poorly on your carrier] I say Rock On. Have fun when you can!

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
His van looks fine. I don't know what sans belt is.

sans /'sanz/
preposition
definition: without
origin: middle english
first use: 14th century
synonyms: absent, minus, without

If you guys remember "blue dots" surely you must remember "sans-a-belt slacks".

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
sans /'sanz/
preposition
definition: without
origin: middle english
first use: 14th century
synonyms: absent, minus, without

If you guys remember "blue dots" surely you must remember "sans-a-belt slacks".

LOL, that big 2-3 inch wide "elastic" band in the waist...Yes indeed..:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Weren't those Jaymar? At least the primary brand of them? I remember a lot of advertising for them when I was a kid.

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
To get back on the topic, when I was still on the Sheriff's Dept., a safety violation was something we didn't mess with, as another persons life could be at stake. An excuse that they were trying to look cool to impress girls would mean an instant citation, and probably getting the vehicle towed until the violation was taken care of.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
To get back on the topic, when I was still on the Sheriff's Dept., a safety violation was something we didn't mess with, as another persons life could be at stake. An excuse that they were trying to look cool to impress girls would mean an instant citation, and probably getting the vehicle towed until the violation was taken care of.

(I think this means it would be good idea to avoid OH if your tail lights are painted.. Not sure how dispatch would take "my van was towed because I painted my taillights")

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter

There clearly visible and its set up so the white part lights up when breaks are applied. The white part isnt black.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
(I think this means it would be good idea to avoid OH if your tail lights are painted.. Not sure how dispatch would take "my van was towed because I painted my taillights")

Lol i wouldnt let them tow my van cuz my tail lights. Pretty sure it would get raw if the situation presented itself lol ps my dads company makes break n parts cleaner. The paint would whip off quickly if that happened.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
There clearly visible and its set up so the white part lights up when breaks are applied. The white part isnt black.

"white light to the rear" is a violation, probably everywhere.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Lol i wouldnt let them tow my van cuz my tail lights. Pretty sure it would get raw if the situation presented itself lol ps my dads company makes break n parts cleaner. The paint would whip off quickly if that happened.

I don't think you'd have much of a say in the matter. Some things are worth fighting for. I can't imagine this being one of them.

--

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I don't think you'd have much of a say in the matter. Some things are worth fighting for. I can't imagine this being one of them.

--

I wouldnt say id geta wiping the lights would get raw really fast. Lol

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I suppose there's a chance a cop might give you an opportunity to remedy the situation on the spot if you convinced him you could, or give you a fix-it ticket if you were stopped in your home state. But more than likely, you'd get a citation. Since you couldn't proceed legally, maybe you'd even get towed.

It's not worth it.

--