Cops

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's only for "gemmie goobers" REAL men want the 'pink slip' on their lives.They crave their independence. A REAL ADULT MAN would cringe at the idea of mommy and daddy taking care of them.

The bad news is the "gemmie goobers" are the 99 percent.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Joe, we both know that alot 22 y/o today for the most couldn't hold basket to the work ehtic of a 22 y/o back in the day..they weren't raised to do it...That being said, he is working making his own way..he isn't doing anything we didn't do as kids, "making a statement"....

And "Blue Dots" were Blue cut glass that after you drilled a hole in center over the bulb of a glass tail light lens and installed the "Blue Dot", turned the lens color purple when you put the brake on.....

I bet i still can find a few broken 50 Ford taillamp/brake light lens . you usually broken 1 or 2 drilling them...you do remember "glass tail light lens"..LOL..:D

LOL, and as far as "buying cool"...hey there are whole industries catering to it...mag wheels, sound systems, stripe packages..when we were kids, lowering blocks, fender skirts, porta-walls, big spinner hub caps....:D

Last edited:

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Joe, we both know that alot 22 y/o today for the most couldn't hold basket to the work ehtic of a 22 y/o back in the day..they weren't raised to do it...That being said, he is working making his own way..he isn't doing anything we didn't do as kids, "making a statement"....

And "Blue Dots" were Blue cut glass that after you drilled a hole in center over the bulb of a glass tail light lens and installed the "Blue Dot", turned the lens color purple when you put the brake on.....

I bet i still can find a few broken 50 Ford taillamp/brake light lens . you usually broken 1 or 2 drilling them...you do remember "glass tail light lens"..LOL..:D

LOL, and as far as "buying cool"...hey there are whole industries catering to it...mag wheels, sound systems, stripe packages..when we were kids, lowering blocks, fender skirts, porta-walls, big spinner hub caps....:D

Lol blue dots hmmm thats funny. I did make them somewhat freight hauling worthy by taping some sections off.well just the reverse part if that counts. And jenny you all r my e.o buddz nothin to hide here lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I give 'props' to ANYONE willing to earn a living these days. Those with that mind set are becoming more rare with each passing day.

And the real reasoning they pulled me could be my RONPAUL sticker on the hood. Haha

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I was not knocking his willingness to work. Keeping a 'work truck' LEGAL is a good lesson to learn. Losing a business trying to be 'cool' is not cool.

They can try to 'sell cool' all they want, but real 'cool' comes from within. It has nothing to do with mags etc. It is an 'attitude' that you can take on the world on YOUR terms. The ONLY important 'cool' there is found in being your 'own man'.

In other words, following the 'crowd' does not make you cool, only a follower.

By the way, one of my former employees at Gander is 23, he just passed the "Bar" and is working in a law firm now, There are a few left.

Last edited:

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
A lot of threads/comments you make on here should be posted as your Facebook status instead.... just sayin.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Really no really ? Which part of the "code of conduct" defines what thread topics can be started ? What may be of interest to you may not be to me . What threads some learn from may be old news to others . Have YOU got something better YOU'D like to talk about ? Then start youre own thread and skip over the ones that don't interest you . That comment was just plain snarky and uncalled for IMO .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums

Monty

Expert Expediter
Ok, how many of you "old guys" (like me) remember and got stopped a time or 5 for your "Blue Dots"!?!?

Blue dots were OEM on the 1946 Ford .... I had one .... troopers tried more than once to ticket me for them ..... since I had not modified them, they were legal.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really no really ? Which part of the "code of conduct" defines what thread topics can be started ? What may be of interest to you may not be to me . What threads some learn from may be old news to others . Have YOU got something better YOU'D like to talk about ? Then start youre own thread and skip over the ones that don't interest you . That comment was just plain snarky and uncalled for IMO .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums

I think it was meant with the thought that carriers read what's posted here and posting infractions...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I was going to comment about this fools misguided need for attention however, i'll jes ask if there are Carriers or a Carrier reading that has this idiot Contracted?
Those wooden shorts must have caused more damage then he thought they did.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was going to comment about this fools misguided need for attention however, i'll jes ask if there are Carriers or a Carrier reading that has this idiot Contracted?

I think that 'idiot' is kinda harsh. He will learn. We all did.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I think he should post anything he likes on here.. thats why its here ...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This topic kind of links up with the political bumper stickers issue..while it maybe your truck....it is also your carriers truck....that you have committed to certain company policies and brand name image.....you bought the package when you signed on that dotted line.....

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter

Ouch... I find his posts light and amusing compared to some.

Zane, What I think others may be trying to suggest Is just watch "what" you are posting. Do not post anything that may incriminate yourself so to speak. You don't want to raise any red flags with your new carriers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
continuing on that line of thought....that is why...Hands off policy how fleet owners treat their drivers regarding non interference on pay issues and stuff like that....Ifthat certain driver is going around with a bad attitude and bad mouthing the carrier, that effects brand imagine as well..I as a carrier would have a problem with that....How many times I've heard from shippers....we don't deal with that carrier anymore..the drivers are bad mouthing everything...