CEO out at panther! What's going on now?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Clarke being shown the door and told not to let it hit him on the behind on the way out.

I don't think driving away from the panther world headquarters in a M series BMW will be a hard task. Anyone checked the employee parking lot lately over on Panther Parkway?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I don't know the guy all that well...but the new walmart greeter looked really familiar? I saw a BMW parked out back too.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...but the new walmart greeter looked really familiar? .

walmart_greeter2.jpg

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
He really didn't badmouth you, though. He gave, amazingly enough, some pretty good advice, namely... don't believe everything you hear.

You can defend yourself all you want, but you just can't defend yourself by attacking someone. Attacking him by bringing up his business practices (which have no bearing on the conversation and which you provided no proof), and telling Bruno to place himself of on incline plane wrapped helically around an axis, was out of line.

Other than that, everything you said was fine.

Turtle, I don't know where she thought I was bad mouthing her. 1st off her or her husband have never drove for Mayfield Express LLC. So I don't know how she could speak on my business practices. Lets see jumping from one truck owner to another is bad business practices. Bashing a fleet owner like Davekc about being charged $25.00 a week for a APU rental when he gives it back at the end of the year, if your with him the whole year is bad business practices. Now, I could bash you if you really want me too. I don't want to post what I have been waiting almost three years for you to send me back in the mail. Don't say you don't know where to send it to because your on my facebook page, you know our website address, and you know my cell number.

I'm waiting.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Everyone bashes fleet owners lol. Except me. I give my driver fuel money before he picks up the load and I pay him the same day he delivers the load. I wouldn't do that for just any joe schmo. But I have a pretty good driver in my van right now. I do feel bad about not having a espar heater for him or a generator and A/C unit. So there is still some room for him to come on here and bash me if he wants. You can't make everyone happy. I personally don't see a problem with holding 25 dollars a week for equipment escrow. What if the driver tries to sell the unit or damages it before the truck is returned? When a fleet owner puts you in a truck it's like renting out a hotel room or an apartment. You have to charge a deposit just in case things are damaged. If you don't like the way fleet owners run their business then you are going to have to go out and buy your own truck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now, I could bash you if you really want me too. I don't want to post what I have been waiting almost three years for you to send me back in the mail. Don't say you don't know where to send it to because your on my facebook page, you know our website address, and you know my cell number.

I'm waiting.
Are you talkin' to me?
514e29eb0f.jpg

Are you talking to me?

...'cause I don't have anything that I'm supposed to send you back in the mail, I don't do Facebook so I'm not on your page, and I don't know your Web site address or your phone number.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Are you talkin' to me?
514e29eb0f.jpg

Are you talking to me?

...'cause I don't have anything that I'm supposed to send you back in the mail, I don't do Facebook so I'm not on your page, and I don't know your Web site address or your phone number.

Taxi Driver. lol. I liked the young Jodi Foster in that movie!

Swamp30

Active Expediter
OVM why do you think you KNOW what happened with Jeff Curry? you are worst than liberal media sometimes..just so ya know jeff didnt become anything with xpo..he was offered a great job else where. thats facts..state facts..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM why do you think you KNOW what happened with Jeff Curry? you are worst than liberal media sometimes..just so ya know jeff didnt become anything with xpo..he was offered a great job else where. thats facts..state facts..
Of all the people who made comments he picks me I feel so good LOL

Last edited:

Swamp30

Active Expediter
no just years of hearing his whining about his dime he talked about everytime i met him on road at expo or at e1 when he was there..and then posting half truths..like a liberal democrat..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Half truths? Like you were on Jeff s golf team? You know as much as I do.... It was Curry that Pantherized that company.... They were a by far a lot better before he came along. And yes it was he that took my dime and made all the contractors freight *****s

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh...I just don't know? If a carrier makes millions and is increasing those millions, then cuts the drivers rate, I wouldn't see any problem with trashing them. I would certainly hope they weren't expecting any kind loyalty.
One of those, "you get what you give".

whistler

Active Expediter
If you don't like the way fleet owners run their business then you are going to have to go out and buy your own truck!

Exactly! Buy your own truck and run it any way you see fit! What's that? You can't get financed? Wow, there's a shocker! Either go home or get, in sit down, shut up, and drive the $#@! truck!