Carrier cutting rates

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rumors, truck stop gossip, & B.S......This just off the wire. .....Load 1 is looking at restructering of contracter contracts.....% will probrably stay the same. ...but added monthly charges for maintence and upkeep of driver facilites including truck washbay, drivers lounge & shower & laundry areas and fees for drivers support team ( break up of cat fights between drivers ) .....more news to follow as I m know entering truckstop drivers lounge. ......:p...:D

Just in...Bolt has just expanded the shower room from not only a broom closet but now includes the supply room....because drivers are their asset....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, and if you have any pull with Mr. Elliot it would be greatly appreciated as in the last 15 mos we have one turn down and that was because we were at home and went to the store and forgot our phones and low and behold we missed a load. Also have not been late since Dec. of 08 because we were not aware of the I-40 closure due to the rock slide. There, thats our resume LOL Oh and this also goes out to any recruiter or broker who is looking for a hard working team with a 12' cube van capable of hauling up to 3300lbs.

John does like the experienced. over the rookies .....:)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just in...Bolt has just expanded the shower room from not only a broom closet but now includes the supply room....because drivers are their asset....LOL

Just so you know ...an unisex bathroom & shower stall & a stackable washer and dryer.....:p....and i left my shampoo in the shower stall monday morning because someone was beating on door to use the bathroom and i hurried. .....:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, and if you have any pull with Mr. Elliot it would be greatly appreciated as in the last 15 mos we have one turn down and that was because we were at home and went to the store and forgot our phones and low and behold we missed a load. Also have not been late since Dec. of 08 because we were not aware of the I-40 closure due to the rock slide. There, thats our resume LOL Oh and this also goes out to any recruiter or broker who is looking for a hard working team with a 12' cube van capable of hauling up to 3300lbs.

Couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I'm posting them both...

196404357_bc7c91e25c.jpg

Will_Work_For_Tickles.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man that could be taken several different ways.

jelliott

Re: February

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan View Post
even with all my nagging and poking John..I repeat...
never have I driven less, sat more...BUT made more $$$$$$ then at any other carrier!!!..

I still love you....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They did the old Bait and Switch. Gloss over the new rates but talk all about the "improvements". I picked up on the new rates right away but it seems it flew over some of your heads which is what they wanted. According to my calculations sprinters are now getting paid around 50% of the line haul and the rest are not much better on existing contracts. If you want me to show you my math I can. The sad thing is they had raised the straight trucks about a year or 2 ago. I also now question why any fleet owner would sign their trucks on with them. You have ad after ad about sign on bonuses and rates going up yet E-1 reduces rates 10-20%.

50% is what I've always come up with. That is also the FSC % as well.

Hey, I have a 8 year safe drivers jacket for sale. .20 cent and it's yours.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Did anyone else notice their regular Friday settlement was NOT deposited into their checking account?

Was Fleet Vision disrupted at every carrier?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did anyone else notice their regular Friday settlement was NOT deposited into their checking account?

Bolt. .fleet vision down thursday morning like others. .....Pay deposited in account on time this morning..:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

They have to take that .12 cents per mile out before they send the checks.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Post the truth and they will show ya!

This has happened more times this year, (yes all two months of it), than the past 8 years total. Time to cut some pay in the IT department. You pay for substandard work...you"ll get substandard results. No need to pay them what you owe'em.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Post the truth and they will show ya!

This has happened more times this year, (yes all two months of it), than the past 8 years total. Time to cut some pay in the IT department. You pay for substandard work...you"ll get substandard results. No need to pay them what you owe'em.

Call me a camel cause my back was just borke with this company. Pay cuts, slow pay, AND it happened on the first of the month when alot of my automatic withdrawls happen. I called up settlements and they were all appologetic and said if I needed help till monday theycould load money onto my comdata. THAT WON'T PUT MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT TO COVER MY BILLS!!! Luckily I am not that cash poor but I do know some drivers who are and I feel for them.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess things can happen, but to cut the rates and slow pay in the same week does give pause for thought. I also heard a short while ago that they cut the accessorials as well.
Does make one wonder.