Carrier cutting rates

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you have to keep in mind the new owner Jacobs has not shown any real interest in the expediting side of E-1......he wants to be the next CH broker/forwarder....looks like they are tapping one segment to pay for another...

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
you have to keep in mind the new owner Jacobs has not shown any real interest in the expediting side of E-1......he wants to be the next CH broker/forwarder....looks like they are tapping one segment to pay for another...

As long as it's non-asset based, the underlying transport resources are largely irrelevant to their model. If an E-1 contractor isn't available, they'll just buy the commodity elsewhere

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They respect no one.....My old contract stated a 30 day in writing change of conditions of contract clause .....they took my dime within 72 hours of the announcement....1 of these days someone will take them to task on this.....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As I read this thread theres a banner below the posts that reads. EXPRESS -1
What matters to YOU matters to us.
They should park the banner for a week or two.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
They did the old Bait and Switch. Gloss over the new rates but talk all about the "improvements". I picked up on the new rates right away but it seems it flew over some of your heads which is what they wanted. According to my calculations sprinters are now getting paid around 50% of the line haul and the rest are not much better on existing contracts. If you want me to show you my math I can. The sad thing is they had raised the straight trucks about a year or 2 ago. I also now question why any fleet owner would sign their trucks on with them. You have ad after ad about sign on bonuses and rates going up yet E-1 reduces rates 10-20%.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is pretty standard operating standards A new CEO comes in and wants to make his mark to show his boss he is on top of things....contractors get hammered

Rumor- Bolt has a new incoming Ops manager from Landstar I believe....rumblings of a new pay structure...flat rate per mile and a structured FSC....

surprising the new CEO at Panther hasn't done anything yet....stay tuned....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
But, but, but...you may have a 25% chance to run more miles to make up for it.....:rolleyes:

Gee, and I thought they would give that extra money to dispatchers so they are nice while picking your pocket.

pickpocket.jpg

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
This is pretty standard operating standards A new CEO comes in and wants to make his mark to show his boss he is on top of things....contractors get hammered

Rumor- Bolt has a new incoming Ops manager from Landstar I believe....rumblings of a new pay structure...flat rate per mile and a structured FSC....

It's nice to know that I am leased to a carrier that is steadfast, stable, and focused.

guido4475

Not a Member
when E1 was family owned it was too....the Welch boys were great to work for and Kieth Avery

Panther was as well back in 95, where my first settlement check was $4,500.00 for the first week. I still have a copy of it in the truck. It's funny to see the look on some Panther drivers when I show that to them...lol...Ahhh....the good ole days...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Rumors, truck stop gossip, & B.S......This just off the wire. .....Load 1 is looking at restructering of contracter contracts.....% will probrably stay the same. ...but added monthly charges for maintence and upkeep of driver facilites including truck washbay, drivers lounge & shower & laundry areas and fees for drivers support team ( break up of cat fights between drivers ) .....more news to follow as I m know entering truckstop drivers lounge. ......:p...:D

flattop40

Expert Expediter
have a Great weekend....and really look closely at your next move..

Thanks, and if you have any pull with Mr. Elliot it would be greatly appreciated as in the last 15 mos we have one turn down and that was because we were at home and went to the store and forgot our phones and low and behold we missed a load. Also have not been late since Dec. of 08 because we were not aware of the I-40 closure due to the rock slide. There, thats our resume LOL Oh and this also goes out to any recruiter or broker who is looking for a hard working team with a 12' cube van capable of hauling up to 3300lbs.