Carrier cutting rates

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They need to learn loyalty goes both ways. In fact, many company heads need to learn that.

Yupper Agreed on Loyalty.

Never had a Pay Problem working on 8 years with the company Im at.

Id say that company falls in the ranks of Fly by nite.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh...I don't know. Maybe they got in Steady's moonshine Friday and everyone will get paid Monday and get their .12 or .20 cent per mile back.
Moonshine can do that on a Friday if starting too early.;)

guido4475

Not a Member
The thing that gets me about this industry is that so many companies have really forgotten the whole meaning of expedite-emergency freight-to be hauled and delivered as quickly and safely as possible, at any cost.To reduce chance of any damages to the freight, reducing freight claims-extra care provided for a fee. Remember when we would get paid several hundred dollars to hold onto a load over a weekend, if the need arose? It seems that too many carriers have learned to give in to the ways of giving themselves and us away-for a minimal price-while still providing a quality service. And I am sure the driver, o/o is just as guilty of letting this happen to begin with as well. When is the last time you've ever seen a Jaguar being hauled from the factory on an open-air car carrier? A premium car being hauled at a premium price, I am sure.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I delivered a new Jag and new Range Rover to the house of the President of a very high end car company.
On an open trailer.
The broker tried to switch the rate and told the wife to keep her COD check. I kept the Range Rover two days.
The cars were dirty,weren't filled with fuel,and while fueling the Jag he realized there were no temp tags.
Two days later, when I met him to deliver the Jag, he said he'd have to review his companies delivery polices.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The above story is not routine. The Ceo had just transferred here from overseas and picked the vehicles from a dealer in Palm Springs,Ca. Any two he wanted.
I think the cars he sells cost many times the price of the Jag.

guido4475

Not a Member
The above story is not routine. The Ceo had just transferred here from overseas and picked the vehicles from a dealer in Palm Springs,Ca. Any two he wanted.
I think the cars he sells cost many times the price of the Jag.

I guess there is a first time for everything. Although I have never seen a Jaguar on an open car carrier, but, ya never know....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The POC at the dealer was a moron. Sold Rolls Royce,Bentley, Jag , Range Rover,Etc.
I don't think I ever saw it again.
I had a rare Porsche once that had people follow me into a shopping center to look at.
I wouldn't ship a rare car on an open transporter.

Last edited:

JGibbs5258

Active Expediter
We are a team in a straight truck with E-1 and as I read through these I can only laugh. we knew pay decreases were coming but we knew they were coming for the right reasons. We had our most profitable months in January and February than we have ever had with any other company and in this industry these months are usually slower months as we all know but we are running miles we usually only see in the busier months. And I believe E-1 when they tell us more miles are coming because we have already seen it. We saw a team from a competitor 'meow' company at the truck stop the other day who had only 1300 miles in a week. we ran that in two days. so everyone can make jokes and laugh at our rate decerases as much as they want but all i can say is we have the freight we are running non stop and our paychecks will not be affected by the change because we are seeing more miles now than we have in the last year and it will only get better from here. How many of you can say that? We have been with E-1 for 2 years now this company has never given is reason to believe that what they do is for the better. Its one of the best companies we have ever worked for. Now I have to go because we have to hit the road. Just dropped in PA and heading to pick up a load in PA to Laredo for Monday drop and redlivery Laredo for drop in Michigan for Tuesday night. :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr Gibbs your pay check may not change from running more miles at a lower rate, but your expenses certainly will. Good luck.

guido4475

Not a Member
We are a team in a straight truck with E-1 and as I read through these I can only laugh. we knew pay decreases were coming but we knew they were coming for the right reasons. We had our most profitable months in January and February than we have ever had with any other company and in this industry these months are usually slower months as we all know but we are running miles we usually only see in the busier months. And I believe E-1 when they tell us more miles are coming because we have already seen it. We saw a team from a competitor 'meow' company at the truck stop the other day who had only 1300 miles in a week. we ran that in two days. so everyone can make jokes and laugh at our rate decerases as much as they want but all i can say is we have the freight we are running non stop and our paychecks will not be affected by the change because we are seeing more miles now than we have in the last year and it will only get better from here. How many of you can say that? We have been with E-1 for 2 years now this company has never given is reason to believe that what they do is for the better. Its one of the best companies we have ever worked for. Now I have to go because we have to hit the road. Just dropped in PA and heading to pick up a load in PA to Laredo for Monday drop and redlivery Laredo for drop in Michigan for Tuesday night. :D

You missing the whole point. They will love drivers like you. You mentioned the word "Miles" 4 times in you're post. So with the lower rates you'd rather work more, for less? They don't care about you, and you're mindset is exactly what they want drivers to be like. "Well, at least I'm moving" is so common of a phrase out here to the one's who don't have a clue their cost per mile, etc, and they think just because they are moving, they are making money.....One day, when it is too late, you may see the light...

guido4475

Not a Member
You missing the whole point. They will love drivers like you. You mentioned the word "Miles" 4 times in you're post. So with the lower rates you'd rather work more, for less? They don't care about you, and you're mindset is exactly what they want drivers to be like. "Well, at least I'm moving" is so common of a phrase out here to the one's who don't have a clue their cost per mile, etc, and they think just because they are moving, they are making money.....One day, when it is too late, you may see the light...

Would you care to justify how a pay decrease can be for the right reasons? What, to line their pockets, while taking from you'rs???? how do you figure?

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido quit asking yourself questions.

Yea, I saw that....lol...sorry, just so jacked up over these drivers who think the more miles means more pay thing....while hauling freight cheaply....Those are the one's screwing up this whole industry, including the companies as well for bidding on loads that cheap to begin with.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this is the magic answer to profitability, why wouldn't you tell the company you'll run cheap rather than let them come out with this? You've been missing out all this time.

JGibbs5258

Active Expediter
I dont think you realize customers are going with lower rates with other carriers to save every penny they can which is why we have seen a decrease in miles. In this industry we just can't compete with the ma and pa companies out there because they are bidding lower. So yeah we are making about 15 cents less than 4 months ago than we are now but because we have adapted to the changes in the industry we are seeing the miles again and are not sitting for 24-48 hours at some truck stop in PA. Nature of the business and indusrtuy just get use to it. You want to make more and sit more or do you want to do what makes sense and be putting miles on your truck and making revenue? Dont talk to me about not understanding this industry because I have been driving for over 17 years and have seen every thing you can imagine. We were with other expediters and we sat. Sitting makes you no money. Running does. I dont care what you say times are changing and we are with them. So now I really have to go because we are heading out.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Again I ask why you haven't been running for less all this time and needed your carrier to implement the cuts?